Contractor Bond, Insurance & State Registrations

Contractor Bond and Insurance

Trade-specific licenses, such as those for electricians, plumbers or HVAC technicians, require specific knowledge and experience. Obtaining a trade-specific license generally means that a tradesmen has completed a minimum number of hours of working experience as an apprentice in the trade, that they have passed a standardized written test based on their trade and often that they will complete continuing education courses to renew their license.

Nebraska Contractor Registration Information

Nebraska Department of Labor
Labor Law / Contractor Registration
550 S 16th St, 3rd Floor
Lincoln, NE 68508

Phone: 402-471-2239
Fax: 402-471-5039

The Nebraska Contractor Registration Act requires contractors and subcontractors doing business in Nebraska to register with the Nebraska Department of Labor.