Plan Review, Zoning & Maps
The Plan Review section of Building and Safety Department is responsible for reviewing plans and specifications for building permits involving commercial and residential construction projects. Plan Reviewers explain and interpret building codes, and zoning laws (including floodplain) as well as Municipal codes relating to contractors, engineers, architects, property owners, and other interested parties so that code requirements may be properly planned for, and potential problem areas anticipated.
- Building Inspectors Area Map
- Plumbing Inspectors Area Map
- Mechanical Inspectors Area Map
- Electrical Inspectors Area Map
- Housing Inspectors Area Map
- Lancaster County 3 and 8 Mile Map
- Special Permits Map
- Lancaster County Assessor
- Floodplain Information
- Board of Zoning Appeals (Planning Department)
Every decision by the board shall be accompanied by a written finding of fact based on testimony and other evidence, specifying the reason for granting or denying the variation. In the event that the proposed variance or exception is denied by the Board of Zoning Appeals, no new request shall be made for the same or a substantially similar variance or exception within one year of said denial thereof. (Ord. 12571 §398; May 8, 1979).
- Fill out the Appeal application form for the Zoning Board of Appeals.
- Each application shall comply with the requirements set forth in LMC §27.25.