AGENDA For The Regular City Council Meeting To Be Held
Monday, February 8, 1999 At 1:30 p.m.
NOTE: Next Formal City Cuncil Meeting, Tues., Feb. 16, 1999 at 6:30 p.m.
PUBLIC HEARING LIQUOR RESOLUTIONS
1) Man. App. of John G. Timm for Carlos O'Kelly's, Inc. dba
Carlos O'Kelly's at 4455 N. 27th St.
ORDINANCES - 2ND READING
2) 99-10 Change of Zone 3129 - App. of Lincoln Federal Savings
Bank for a change from R-3 Residential to O-3 Office Park
on property generally located at 77th St. & Pioneers Blvd.
(In connection w/99R-27)
3) 99-11 Approving a Real Estate Purchase Agrmt. between the City &
YMCA for the sale to the YMCA of approx. 10 acres of property
located in Densmore Park generally located at 14th St. &
Mockingbird Lane North.
PUBLIC HEARING - RESOLUTIONS
4) 99R-24 Approving an Agrmt. between Big Red Keno & Sun Valley Bar
& Grill for the operation of a Keno satellite site at 200
W. P St.
5) 99R-25 Pre-Existing Use Permit 23B - App. of Whitehead Oil Co. to
construct a 3,445 sq. ft. convenience store with gas service
on property generally located at 83rd & O Sts.
6) 99R-26 Use Permit 115 - App. of John Schleich to construct 93,500
sq. ft. of commercial space on property generally located
at NW 1st St. & W. Fletcher Ave.
7) 99R-27 Accepting & approving the Pre. Plat of Edenton North 5th
Add. on property generally located south of Pioneers Blvd.
& 77th St. (In connection w/99-10)
8) 99R-28 Reappointing James A. Mastera to the Lincoln Hospital Assoc.
Board of Directors for a 3 yr. term expiring 12/31/2001.
PETITIONS & COMMUNICATIONS
9) MISCELLANEOUS REFERRALS
REPORTS OF CITY OFFICERS
10) Clerk's Letter & Mayor's Approval of Ordinances & Resolutions
passed on Jan. 25, 1999. (place on file)
11) Investment of Funds.
12) Affidavit of Mailing for Board of Equalization Meeting, Mon.,
Feb. 22, 1999, at 10:00 a.m. regarding Downtown Cre &
Primeter Management & Enhancement Dists. & Downtown
Maintenance Dist. (place on file)
13) Reports from City Treasurer of Telecomm. Occ. Tax due as
Oct., 1998: PNG Telecomms.; Oct.-Dec., 1998:
OneStar Long Distance, Touch 1 Comms., Airtime SMR, Inc. &
Claircom Networks; Dec., 1998: Lincoln Celtelco,
Aliant Comms., MCI Telecomms., Citizens Telecomms., Hertz
Technologies, IBM Global Services, Matrix Telecom, BLT
Technologies, Intellicall Operator Services, QWest Comms.,
Eclipse Telecomms., Phoenix Network, ATS Mobile Telephone,
Working Assets Funding Service, US Wats, USA Paging, McLeod
USA Telecomms., Coast Internat'l, UStel, Affinity Corp.,
Comdata Telecom, Transnational Comms., Atlas Comms, LCI
Internat'l, Econophone, & Shaffer Comms. (place on file)
14) Report from City Treasurer of Franchise Fee due for quarter
ending 12/31/98 from Timewarner Cable. (place on file)
15) Report from City Treasurer of 911 Surcharge Remittance
from Aliant Comms. (place on file)
ORDINANCES - 1ST READING
16) 99-8 Creating Alley Paving Dist. _____ in the north-south alley
between Touzalin Ave. & 60th St. from Benton St. to Fremont
17) 99-9 Creating Paving Dist. _____ in 72nd St. from Havelock Ave.
to Morrill Ave.
18) 99-12 Amending the corporate limits of the City by annexing approx.
200 acres of land generally located along both sides of W.
"O" St. from approx. NW 40th St. to NW 56th St., south of
I- 80. (In connection w/99-16, 99R-33)
19) 99-13 Declaring city-owned property described as the north 20 feet
Lot 10, Block 12, South Park Add., generally located at
South 9th & Van Dorn St., as surplus & authorizing the sale
20) 99-14 Amending Chapter 20.12 of the LMC relating to the Lincoln
Building Code by repealing §20.12.730 amending Sec. 1608
of the Uniform Building Code; adding a new section numbered
20.12.945 to amend Sec. 1614 of Volume 2 of the Uniform
Building Code regarding snow loads; & by adding a new section
numbered 20.12.965 to amend Appendix Chapter 16 Sec. 1645 of
the Uniform Building Code regarding rain on snow.
21) 99-15 Approving an Easement Agrmt. between the City & the
Journal-Star Printing Co. to accommodate the construction
of the Block 34 parking garage.
22) 99-16 Creating Water Dist. _____ in W. "O" St. from SW 40th St.
to NW 56th St. & in NW 56th St. from W. "O" St. to I-80.
(In connection w/99-12, 99R-33)
23) 99-17 Amending Chapter 2.78 of the LMC to provide for the
continuation of City of Lincoln contributions toward health
insurance premiums for department heads who retire from
RESOLUTIONS - FOR COUNCIL ACTION - HAD PUBLIC HEARING
24) 99R-6 Appeal of the YMCA from the Planning Commission denial of
Special Permit 1752 to authorize the construction &
operation of an outdoor soccer complex as a recreational
facility on property generally located east of the existing
soccer fields south of the State Farm Insurance Co. building
located at S. 84th & "O" Sts. (2/1/99 - Action delayed to
25) 99R-17 Approving the use of public right-of-way by Stephens & Smith
Construction Co., Inc. for installation of an underground
communication cable in the area of Garfield St. from 1st
St. to 2nd St. (2/1/99 - Action delayed to 2/8/99)
ORDINANCES - 3RD READING
26) 99-7 Vacating a portion of S. Wedgewood Cir. generally located
across S. 70th St. from S. Edgewood Dr.
27) 94R-361 Ordering Construction of Paving Unit 123 in N St. between
1st & 2nd Sts. (12/19/94 - Placed on Pending)
28) 95-128 Change of Zone 2912 - App. of Don Fauth for a change from
AG to AGR on property generally located ½ mi. west of
Coddington at SW 27th St. & Old Cheney Rd. (10/14/96 -
Placed on Pending)
29) 97-6 Vacating that portion of 11th St. lying between the north
R-O-W line of Y St. & the northwesterly line of Burlington
Northern R.R. R-O-W in the NE¼ of Sec. 23, T10N, R6E.
(2/3/97 - Placed on Pending until receipt of money)
30) 97-66 Change of Zone 3023 - App. of the Planning Director for a
change from B-2 Planned Neighborhood Business to R-5
Residential on property generally located at 7401 Pioneers
Blvd. (6/9/97-Placed on Pending)
31) 98-52 Declaring city-owned property legally described as the
Remaining Portion of Lots 226-229, Ridgeview Add., except
the north 10' of said lots, generally located at N. 5th &
Adams St., as surplus & authorizing the sale thereof.
(4/6/98 - Placed on Pending)
32) 97-122 Amending §5.04.060 of the LMC to prohibit issuance of
special designated icenses for sale of liquor to the general
public in the downtown area on home football game days.
(8/25/97 - Amended; Placed on Pending)
33) 97-142 Change of Zone 3076 - App. of Dustrol, Inc. for a change
from AG Agricultural to H-4 General Commercial on property
generally located on the south side of Arbor Rd., west of
N. 56th St. (9/22/97 - Placed on Pending)
34) 98-74 Creating Water Dist. 1175 in SW 1st St. from W. B to W. D
Sts & W. B & W. D Sts. From 1st St. to SW 1st St. (6/1/98
- Pub. Hearing delayed for an indefinite period of time)
35) 98-75 Creating Sewer Dist. 1168 in SW 1st St. from W. B St. to
W. D St. & N-S Alley from W. A St. north approx. 300'.
(6/1/98 - Pub. Hearing delayed for an indefinite period
36) 98-76 Creating Paving Dist. 2615 in SW 1st St. from W. B St. to
W. D St. & W. B & W. D Sts. From 1st St. to SW 1st Sts.
(6/1/98 - Pub. Hearing delayed for an indefinite period
37) 98-104 Vacating the alley immediately north of W. C St. & west of
SW 1st St. & a portion of the alley immediately south of W.
B St. between Sw 1st & S. 1st St. (7/13/98 - Placed on
38) 98-153 Change of Zone 3141 - App. of Randy Rohlmeier for a change
from R-2 Residential to I-1 Industrial, on property generally
located at the southwest corner of N. 33rd St. & Leighton
Ave. (9/21/98 - Placed on Pending)
39) 98R-370 Approving an exception to the Guidelines & Regulations for
Driveway Design & Location requirements of vehicle stacking
for Lincoln Federal Savings at 70th & "O" Sts. (11/23/98 -
Placed on Pending for 30 days)
40) 98R-373 Special Permit 1739 - Appeal of Trinity United Methodist
Church from the Planning Commission requirement that the
driveway be removed from the 20' front yard setback in the
parking lot generally located at 16th & "A" Sts.
(11/30/98 - Placed on Pending)
41) 98-192 Vacating Otoe St. between 7th & 9th Sts.; Pawnee St. between
9th & the abandoned railroad R-O-W; Dakota St. between 9th
St. & the railroad R-O-W; the alleys in Block 1 & 2, Hyde
Park; the alley in Block 1, 1st Add. to Hyde Park; & 7th St.
between Otoe St. & Pawnee St. (12/21/98 - Placed on Pending)
42) 98-193 Amending the corporate limits of the City by annexing one
lot & a portion of another lot generally located N.W. 56th
& W. Adams Sts. (12/21/98 - Placed on Pending)
43) 99R-5 Selecting a preferred alternative A for the purpose of
completing an environmental analysis for the E. "O" St.
widening project. (1/19/99 - Public Hearing cont'd to 2/16/99)
WITH COUNCIL APPROVAL, THE FOLLOWING RESOLUTIONS WILL HAVE PUBLIC HEARING
ON TUESDAY, FEB. 16, 1999:
44) 99R-21 Ordering Paving Unit. _____ in 68th St. between Starr St.
& Dudley St. constructed.
45) 99R-30 Accepting the report of new & pending tort claims against
the City & approving disposition of claims set forth therein
for the period of Jan. 15 thru 31, 1999.
46) 99R-31 Special Permit 1757 - App. of Shoemaker's Truck Station for
authority to sell alcoholic beverages for consumption off
the premises at 1200 Saltillo Rd.
47) 99R-32 Waiving the design standards requiring sidewalks, street
trees, & paving on property generally located on the
southeast corner of N. 68th & Starr Sts.
48) 99R-33 Comp. Plan Amend. #94-32 - App. of the Planning Director
to designate approx. 200 acres of land near NW 56th & W.
"O" Sts. as Phase II & as inside the "Future Service Limit."
(In connection w/99-12, 99-16)
ANYONE WISHING TO ADDRESS THE COUNCIL ON A MATTER NOT ON THIS AGENDA,
OR NOT SCHEDULED TO APPEAR ON A FUTURE AGENDA, MAY DO SO AT THIS TIME.
Hearing date of Tues., Feb. 16, 1999 at 6:30 p.m. on the app. of
JJ Kat, Inc. dba Brewsky's Food & Spirits for a Retail Class "I"
Liquor License at 2840 S. 40th, Bldg. 1, Ste. 1.
Hearing Date of Tuesday, Feb. 16, 1999, at 6:30 p.m. on the following:
99R-21 To provide the authority to have a Paving Unit in 68th St.
from Staff St. to Dudley St. ordered constructed.
99-8 To provide the authority to create an Alley Paving Dist. in
the N-S alley between Touzalin Ave. & 60th St. from Benton
St. to Fremont St.
99-9 To provide the authority to create a Paving Dist. in 72nd
St., from Havelock Ave. to Morrill Ave.
Hearing Date of Mon., Feb. 22, 1999 at 10:00 a.m. - Board of
Equalization - Downtown Core, Perimeter Management & Enhancement
Dists. & Downtown Maintenance Dist.