ACTION From The Regular City Council Meeting Held
Monday, March 1, 1999 At 1:30 p.m.
ALL PRESENT EXCEPT FORTENBERRY.
MAYOR'S AWARD OF EXELLENCE - PRESENTED TO KENT IMIG, PERSONNEL.
PUBLIC HEARING ORDINANCES - 2ND READING - NONE
PUBLIC HEARING - RESOLUTIONS
1) 99R-44 Special Permit 1384D - App. of Todd & Angie Carpenter to
amend Marina Bay 1st C.U.P. to reduce the front yard setback
from 20' to 7.52' on Lot 1, Marina Bay 1st Add., generally
located at the northeasterly corner of Marina Bay Place &
Lakeshore Dr. (ADOPTED, 6-0; A-79311.)
2) 99R-45 Accepting & approving the Pre. Plat of Froehlich Industrial
Park 2nd Addition on property generally located south of N.
58th St. & Fletcher Ave. (ADOPTED, 6-0; A-79312.)
3) 99R-46 Waiving the subdivision requirement for min. lot depth of 90'
for residential lots on property generally located at the
northwest corner of S. 40th St. & Calvert St.
(LOST, 0-6; #38-4296.)
4) 99R-47 Accepting the report of new & pending tort claims against the
City & approving disposition of claims set forth therein for
the period of Feb. 1 thru 15, 1999.
(ADOPTED, 6-0; A-79313.)
5) Setting hearing date of Mon., March 22, 1999, at 10 a.m. on
the Board of Equalization Special Assessment Group I.
(ADOPTED, 6-0; A-79314.)
6) Levying the assessments & setting the interest rate for the
Downtown Core & Perimeter Management & Enhancement Dists. &
the Downtown Maintenance Dist. (ADOPTED, 6-0; A-79315.)
PETITIONS & COMMUNICATIONS
7) THE FOLLOWING WERE REFERRED TO PLANNING DEPT.:
Change of Zone 3165 - App. of Christian Retirement Homes, Inc.
for a change from O-2 to R-6 on property at 6315 "O" St.
Change of Zone 3166 - App. of Richard Finke for a change to
Special Permit 552A - App. of Christian Retirement Homes, Inc.
to expand existing elderly, assisted living & hospice at
6315 "O" St.
8) MISCELLANEOUS REFERRALS
REPORTS OF CITY OFFICERS
9) Clerk's Letter & Mayor's Approval of Ordinances & Resolutions
passed on Feb. 16, 1999. (PLACED ON FILE)
10) Investment of Funds. (ADOPTED, 6-0; A-79317.)
11) Report from City Treasurer of Telecomm. Occ. Tax due for the
month of Jan., 1999 from Operator Communications, Inc.
(PLACED ON FILE)
ORDINANCES - 1ST READING (ITEMS 12 THRU 14 HAD 1ST READING.)
12) 99-19 Change of Zone 3163 - App. of the Russell Parrott Estate
for a change from AG Agriculture to H-3 Hwy. Commercial on
property generally located at N. 27th St. & Interstate 80.
13) 99-20 Change of Zone 3161 - App. of DuTeau Chevrolet for a change
from O-3 Office Park to H-4 General Commercial on property
generally located at the southeast corner of S. 27th St.
& Porter Ridge Dr.
14) 99-21 Approving the issuance & sale of not to exceed $150,000 of
Taxable Revenue Allocation Bonds & Notes & authorizing
investment of idle funds in the Tax Sale Revolving Fund to
purchase the same bonds & notes to provide interim financing
for the Pershing Sign Renovation Proj. #1 & authorizing the
Finance Director to prescribe terms & provisions for the
issuance & repayment of the bonds & notes & establishing
related funds & accounts.
(TO HAVE 2ND & 3RD READING ON 3/8/99)
RESOLUTION - FOR COUNCIL ACTION - HAD PUBLIC HEARING
15) 99R-38a Approving appropriations in the amount of $2,500 from the
operation of keno lottery for funding of human service by
KZUM Radio. (ADOPTED, 6-0; A-79318.)
ORDINANCES - 3RD READING
16) 99-13 Declaring city-owned property described as the north 20' Lot
10, Block 12, South Park Add., generally located at S. 9th &
Van Dorn St., as surplus & authorizing the sale thereof.
(PASSED, 6-0; #17475.)
17) 99-18 Amending Chapter 8.20 of the LMC to update the Lincoln Food
Code to bring it into compliance with the Nebraska Pure Food
Act. (PASSED, 6-0; #17476.)
PENDING LIST (EXTENDED ON E WEEK. SEE ITEMS 34 & 36.)
18) 94R-361 Ordering Construction of Paving Unit 123 in N St. between 1st
& 2nd Sts. (12/19/94 - Placed on Pending)
19) 95-128 Change of Zone 2912 - App. of Don Fauth for a change from AG
to AGR on property generally located ½ mi. west of
Coddington at SW 27th St. & Old Cheney Rd. (10/14/96 -
Placed on Pending)
20) 97-6 Vacating that portion of 11th St. lying between the north
R-O-W line of Y St. & the northwesterly line of Burlington
Northern R.R. R-O-W in the NE¼ of Sec. 23, T10N, R6E.
(2/3/97 - Placed on Pending until receipt of money)
21) 97-66 Change of Zone 3023 - App. of the Planning Director for a
change from B-2 Planned Neighborhood Business to R-5
Residential on property generally located at 7401 Pioneers
Blvd. (6/9/97-Placed on Pending)
22) 98-52 Declaring city-owned property legally described as the
Remaining Portion of Lots 226-229, Ridgeview Add., except
the north 10' of said lots, generally located at N. 5th &
Adams St., as surplus & authorizing the sale thereof.
(4/6/98 - Placed on Pending)
23) 97-122 Amending §5.04.060 of the LMC to prohibit issuance of
special designated licenses for sale of liquor to the
general public in the downtown area on home football game
days. (8/25/97 - Amended; Placed on Pending)
24) 97-142 Change of Zone 3076 - App. of Dustrol, Inc. for a change from
AG Agricultural to H-4 General Commercial on property
generally located on the south side of Arbor Rd., west of
N. 56th St. (9/22/97 - Placed on Pending)
25) 98-74 Creating Water D. 1175 in SW 1st St. from W. B to W. D Sts &
W. B & W. D Sts. From 1st St. to SW 1st St. (6/1/98 - Pub.
Hearing delayed for an indefinite period of time)
26) 98-75 Creating Sewer D. 1168 in SW 1st St. from W. B St. to W. D
St. & N-S Alley from W. A St. north approx. 300'. (6/1/98
- Pub. Hearing delayed for an indefinite period of time)
27) 98-76 Creating Paving D. 2615 in SW 1st St. from W. B St. to W. D
St. & W. B & W. D Sts. From 1st St. to SW 1st Sts. (6/1/98
- Pub. Hearing delayed for an indefinite period of time)
28) 98-104 Vacating the alley immediately north of W. C St. & west of
SW 1st St. & a portion of the alley immediately south of W.
B St. between Sw 1st & S. 1st St.
(7/13/98 - Placed on Pending)
29) 98-153 Change of Zone 3141 - App. of Randy Rohlmeier for a change
from R-2 Residential to I-1 Industrial, on property generally
located at the southwest corner of N. 33rd St. & Leighton Ave.
(9/21/98 - Placed on Pending)
30) 98R-370 Approving an exception to the Guidelines & Regulations for
Driveway Design & Location requirements of vehicle stacking
for Lincoln Federal Savings at 70th & "O" Sts. (11/23/98 -
Placed on Pending for 30 days)
31) 98R-373 Special Permit 1739 - Appeal of Trinity United Methodist
Church from the Planning Commission requirement that the
driveway be removed from the 20' front yard setback in the
parking lot generally located at 16th & "A" Sts. (11/30/98
- Placed on Pending)
32) 98-192 Vacating Otoe St. between 7th & 9th Sts.; Pawnee St. between
9th & the abandoned railroad R-O-W; Dakota St. between 9th
St. & the railroad R-O-W; the alleys in Block 1 & 2, Hyde
Park; the alley in Block 1, 1st Add. to Hyde Park; & 7th
St. between Otoe St. & Pawnee St. (12/21/98 - Placed on
33) 98-193 Amending the corporate limits of the City by annexing one lot
& a portion of another lot generally located N.W. 56th & W.
Adams Sts. (12/21/98 - Placed on Pending)
34) 99R-5 Selecting a preferred alternative A for the purpose of
completing an environmental analysis for the E. "O" St.
widening project. (2/16/99 - Placed n Pending)
(REMOVED FROM PENDING FOR ACTION ONLY ON 3/22/99, 6-0.)
35) 99-10 Change of Zone 3129 - App. of Lincoln Federal Savings Bank
for a change from R-3 Residential to O-3 Office Park on
property generally located at 77th St. & Pioneers Blvd.
(2/22/99 - Placed on Pending)
36) 99-17 Amending Chapter 2.78 of the LMC to provide for the
continuation of City of Lincoln contributions toward health
insurance premiums for department heads who retire from City
service. (2/22/99 - Action delayed to 3/8/99)
(REMOVED FROM PENDING FOR ACTION ONLY ON 3/8/99, 6-0.)
WITH COUNCIL APPROVAL, THE FOLLOWING RESOLUTIONS WILL HAVE PUBLIC
HEARING ON MONDAY, MAR. 8, 1999:(APPROVED, 6-0.)
37) 99R-36 Approving an advertising contract between the City dba
Pershing Auditorium & Cornhusker PJ, L.L.C. dba Papa John's
Pizza for a 5-yr. term.
38) 99R-40 Approving an advertising contract between the City dba
Pershing Auditorium & K & Z Distributing for a 3-yr. term.
39) 99R-41 Approving an advertising contract between the City dba
Pershing Auditorium & LINPEPCO for a 10-yr. term.
40) 99R-42 Approving an advertising contract between the City dba
Pershing Auditorium & Aliant Communications, Inc. for a
41) 99R-49 Approving a contract between the City & the State of Nebraska
Dept. of Roads for reimbursement to the City for resurfacing
work on State Connecting Link L-55X.
42) 99R-50 Special Permit 607E - App. of J. Gates & Daisy Minnick to
amend the Bishop Square C.U.P. to add 6' to the porch area
of the dwelling on Lot 31, Bishop Square, generally located
at S. 27th St. & Bishop Rd.
43) 99R-51 Special Permit 1741 - App. of Hub Hall Real Estate to develop
Meadow View C.U.P. consisting of 61 lots for single family
dwellings & three outlots on property generally located at
S.W. 84th St. & W. Van Dorn. (In connection w/99R-52)
44) 99R-52 Accepting & approving the Pre. Plat of Meadow View on
property generally located at S.W. 84th St. & W. Van Dorn.
(In connection w/99R-1)
45) 99R-53 Approving an Agrmt. between Big Red Keno & Brewsky's Food &
Spirits East for the operation of a Keno satellite site at
2840 South 70th St.
ADJOURNMENT 2:08 P.M.
Hearing Date of Mon., Mar. 8, 1999 at 1:30 p.m. on the Man.
App. of Douglas L. Smith for Columbus Lincoln Hotel
Properties LLC dba Ramada Hotel (Holiday Inn) at 141 N. 9th.
8) MISCELLANEOUS REFERRALS
Informal Request for a Gap Paving Dist. in 51st St. from Leighton to
Garland signed by Alan & Lori Markowski.
(REFERRED TO PUBLIC WORKS.)
Reports from City Treasurer of Telecomm. Occ. Tax due for the month of
Jan., 1999 from: Aliant Comms., GST Net, Equality, Network Internat'l,
NOSVA Ltd. Partnership, Globalcom, Intellicall Operator Services,
Unidial Comms., Long Dstance of Michigan, Association Administrators,
National Telephone & Comm., Inacom Comms., Stormtel, RSL Com USA, NOS
Comms., Worldtel Services, Ustel, Intelicom Internat'l, Affinity
Network, & Global Telephone Corp. (PLACED ON FILE)
Setting hearing date of Mon., March 15, 1999 at 1:30 p.m. on the Man.
App. of Gregory D. Dillavou for HyVee, Inc. dba Hy Vee Food Store #3
at 5020 N. 27th. (ADOPTED, 7-0; A-79316.)
THE FOLLOWING WERE REFERRED TO THE PLANNING DEPT.:
Change of Zone 3169 - App. of IMS Properties for a change from R-2 to
I-1 on property generally located at SW 6th & W. "E" St.
Special Permit 450M - App. of Madonna Rehab. Hospital for an addition
of assisted living facility on property generally located at 52nd
& South Sts.
Special Permit 1733A - App. of M& S construction to develop duplex lots
on property generally located at SW 8th & W. "C St.
Special Permit 1763 - App. of Jack Herbert to prepare a site for future
development & removal of excavated material on property generally
located at Arbor Rd. & N. 70th St.
Special Permit 1764 - App. of Gerrald & Barbara Roach to alow for the
expansion of a nonconforming use on property generally located at
SW 12th & W. Saltillo Rd.
Special Permit 1765 - App. of Katherin M. Tomlin for an early childhood
care facility generally located at NW 8th & W. Saunders.