ACTION From The Regular City Council Meeting Held
Monday, May 10, 1999 At 1:30 p.m.
ALL PRESENT EXCEPT JOHNSON.
MAYOR'S AWARD OF EXCELLENCE - PRESENTED TO OFFICER JAMES HEWIT, LPD.
LINCOLN HOMEBUILDERS ASSOC. - PRESENTED TO LINDA WILSON, CURT DONALDSON,
MAYOR DALE YOUNG & ROSS HECHT.
PUBLIC HEARING LIQUOR RESOLUTIONS
1) App. of RT Omaha Franchise, L.L.C. dba Ruby Tuesday for a
Class I liquor license at 247 N. 8th St.
(ADOPTED FOR APPROVAL, 6-0; A-79459.)
2) Man. App. of Douglas B. Daize for RT Omaha Franchise, L.L.C.
dba Ruby Tuesday at 247 N. 8th St.
(ADOPTED FOR APPROVAL, 6-0; A-79460.)
3) App. of El Matador Lounge Inc. for a Class C liquor license
at 1620 Cornhusker Hwy. (ADOPTED FOR APPROVAL, 6-0; A-79461.)
4) Man. App. of Dennis E. Kodad for El Matador Lounge Inc. at
1620 Cornhusker Hwy. (ADOPTED FOR APPROVAL, 6-0; A-79462.)
5) App. of P.L.P. Limited Liability Co., dba Sun Valley Bar &
Grill for an approx. 10' by 25' addition to their licensed
premises at 200 W. P St. (PLACED ON PENDING UNTIL THE
SPECIAL PERMIT COMES FORWARD, 6-0.)
PUBLIC HEARING ORDINANCES - 2ND READING
(ITEMS 6 THRU 8 HAD PUBLIC HEARING.)
6) 99-51 Change of Zone 3173 - Amending Chapter 27.07 of the LMC to
add language to the AG Agricultural Dist. to permit
"roadside stands" as a conditional use on undersized lots.
7) 99-52 Vacating "U" St. from vacated 14th St. to approx. 120' west
of 16th St.
8) 99-53 Vacating portions of W. "M" St., W. "L" St., & S.W. 25th St.,
generally located south & east of S.W. 25th & W. "O" Sts.
PUBLIC HEARING - RESOLUTIONS
9) 99R-125 Accepting the proposal of donation by the Lincoln Tennis
Assoc. for the construction of 3 tennis courts with two
bleacher pads to be located in Woods Park at 33rd & J Sts.
(5/3/99 - Public Hearing cont'd to 5/10/99)
(ADOPTED, 6-0; A-79463.)
10) 99R-115 Special Permit 1763 - App. of Jack & Mary Herbert for sand,
gravel, & soil excavation on property location north & west
of the corner of 70th & Arbor Rd. (Appeal of Jack Herbert
from Planning Commission denial). (5/3/99 - Public
Hearing cont'd to 5/10/99)
(AMENDED, 6-0; ADOPTED, 6-0; A-79464.)
11) 99R-122 Ordering Improvement Dist. 182 constructed in 23rd St. from
Fletcher Ave. north 429'. (5/3/99 - Public Hearing cont'd
to 5/10/99) (ADOPTED, 6-0; A-79465.)
12) 99R-128 Authorizing the Dept. of Public Works & Utilities to acquire
the necessary rights-of-way & easements to proceed with
construction of a sanitary sewer through Lots 93 & 111 I.T.
in the Southwest Quarter of Section 16, Township 9 North,
Range 7 East. (PUBLIC HEARING CONT'D & ACTION DELAYED 1
WEEK TO 5/17/99, 6-0.)
13) 99R-129 Approving an Interlocal Agrmt. between the City, the Lower
Platte South Natural Resources Dist., & Lancaster County to
establish an integrated geographic information (GIS) network
between the three entities. (ADOPTED, 6-0; A-79466.)
14) 99R-130 Waiving the design standards requiring sidewalks along south
1st St. for the S & S Subdivision Admin. Final Plat on
property generally located on the east side of S. 1st St.,
south of Garfield St. (ADOPTED, 6-0; A-79467.)
15) 99R-131 Waiving the design standards requiring sidewalks & street
paving for the S & S Subdivision 1st Add. Admin. Final Plat
on property generally located on the east side of S. 1st St.,
south of Garfield St. (ADOPTED, 6-0; A-79468.)
16) 99R-132 Comp. Plan Amend. 94-30-11 - Amending Figures 29, 31, 32, &
Table 10, to increase the number of lanes & right-of-way
width in E. "O" St. between 52nd St. & Wedgewood Dr.
(ADOPTED, 6-0; A-79469.)
17) 99R-133 Endorsing the concept of a skate park facility at Van Dorn
Park generally located at 10th & Van Dorn Sts.
(ADOPTED, 6-0; A-79470.)
18) 99R-134 Approving a recommendation that the Mayor amend
Administrative Regulation #9 to allow for the creation &
implementation of a take-home vehicle program for police
officers in targeted revitalization strategy areas.
(PLACED ON PENDING UNTIL 6/14/99, 6-0.)
19) 99R-135 Appointing Betsy Palmer to the Lincoln-Lancaster County
Board of Health to fill an unexpired term expiring April 15,
2000. (ADOPTED, 6-0; A-79471.)
20) 99R-136 Reappointing Cindy Johnson, Larry Hudkins, & Rodrigo
Cantarero to the Lincoln-Lancaster County Board of Health
for three-year terms expiring April 15, 2002.
(ADOPTED, 6-0; A-79472.)
PETITIONS & COMMUNICATIONS
21) MISCELLANEOUS REFERRALS
REPORTS OF CITY OFFICERS
22) Clerk's Letter & Mayor's Approval of Ordinances &
Resolutions passed on April 26, 1999. (PLACED ON FILE)
23) Investment of Funds. (ADOPTED, 6-0; A-79474.)
24) Reports from City Treasurer of Telecomms. Occ. Tax due as
follows: Jan-March, 1999: OneStar Long Dstance, PNG
Telecomms.; March, 1999: Air-ime SMR, Transnational
Comms., USN Communications Long Distance, AT&T Comms. of the
Midwest, MCI Telecomms. Corp., Calls for Less, GE Capital
Comms., Qwest Comms. Corp., LCI International Telecom Corp.,
Eclipse Telecomms., Smartalk Teleservices, IBM Global
Services, Frontier Comms., GTE Comms. Corp., Working Assets
Funding Service, McLeod USA Telecomms., Affinity Corp., &
Comdata Telecom. (PLACED ON FILE)
ORDINANCES - 1ST READING (ITEMS 25 & 26 HAD 1ST READING.)
25) 99-54 Annexing approx. 75.09 acres of property generally located at
N. 33rd St. & Folkways Blvd. (In connection w/99-55, 99R-139)
26) 99-55 Change of Zone 3080 - App. of Superior Pointe Partners for a
change from I-1 Industrial, B-2 Planned Neighborhood
Business, R-3 Residential, & AG Agricultural to I-3
Employment Center on property generally located at N. 33rd
St. & Folkways Blvd. (In connection w/99-54, 99R-139)
ORDINANCES - 3RD READING
27) 99-44 Change of Zone 2938A - App. of the University of Nebraska
Foundation to amend the special sign district of the
University of Nebraska Technology Park for a unique sign
design & arrangement on property generally located on the
south side of Highlands Blvd. between NW 1st St. & NW
12th St., & on the east side of NW 1st St. on both sides
of Highland Cir. (PASSED, 6-0; #17504.)
28) 99-48 Renaming W. Park Ct. as "W. B Ct." located on the north side
of W. "A" St. at approx. SW 15th St. (PASSED, 6-0; #17505.)
PENDING LIST (EXTENDED ONE WEEK.)
29) 94R-361 Ordering Construction of Paving Unit 123 in N St. between
1st & 2nd Sts. (12/19/94 - Placed on Pending)
30) 95-128 Change of Zone 2912 - App. of Don Fauth for a change from AG
to AGR on property generally located ½ mi. west of
Coddington at SW 27th St. & Old Cheney Rd. (10/14/96 -
Placed on Pending)
31) 97-6 Vacating that portion of 11th St. lying between the north
R-O-W line of Y St. & the northwesterly line of Burlington
Northern R.R. R-O-W in the NE¼ of Sec. 23, T10N, R6E.
(2/3/97 - Placed on Pending until receipt of money)
32) 97-66 Change of Zone 3023 - App. of the Planning Director for a
change from B-2 Planned Neighborhood Business to R-5
Residential on property generally located at 7401 Pioneers
Blvd. (6/9/97-Placed on Pending)
33) 98-52 Declaring city-owned property legally described as the
Remaining Portion of Lots 226-229, Ridgeview Add., except
the north 10' of said lots, generally located at N. 5th &
Adams St., as surplus & authorizing the sale thereof.
(4/6/98 - Placed on Pending)
34) 97-122 Amending §5.04.060 of the LMC to prohibit issuance of
special designated licenses for sale of liquor to the
general public in the downtown area on home football game
days. (8/25/97 - Amended; Placed on Pending)
35) 97-142 Change of Zone 3076 - App. of Dustrol, Inc. for a change
from AG Agricultural to H-4 General Commercial on property
generally located on the south side of Arbor Rd., west of
N. 56th St. (9/22/97 - Placed on Pending)
36) 98-153 Change of Zone 3141 - App. of Randy Rohlmeier for a change
from R-2 Residential to I-1 Industrial, on property generally
located at the southwest corner of N. 33rd St. & Leighton
Ave. (9/21/98 - Placed on Pending)
37) 98R-370 Approving an exception to the Guidelines & Regulations for
Driveway Design & Location requirements of vehicle stacking
for Lincoln Federal Savings at 70th & "O" Sts. (11/23/98 -
Placed on Pending for 30 days)
38) 99-10 Change of Zone 3129 - App. of Lincoln Federal Savings Bank
for a change from R-3 Residential to O-3 Office Park on
property generally located at 77th St. & Pioneers Blvd.
(2/22/99 - Placed on Pending)
39) 99-23 Creating Water Dist. 1178 in W. Adams St. from NW 53rd St.
to NW 56th St. & in NW 56th St. from W. Adams St. south
approx. 550' to the south line of Airport Heights 1st Add.
(In connection w/99-24) (4/5/99 - Placed on Pending)
40) 99-24 Creating Sewer Dist. 1172 from a point located 150' southwest
of W. Kingsley & NW Michael Sts. to the south line of Airport
Heights 1st Add. located 175' west of NW 56th St. (In
connection w/99-23) (4/5/99 - Placed on Pending)
41) 98-193 Amending the corporate limits of the City by annexing one
lot & a portion of another lot generally located NW 56th
& W. Adams Sts. (In connection w/99-24) (4/5/99 - Placed
42) 99-43 Approving increases in the Health Dept. Food Handler Permit
fees up to $10 & Food Establishment Annual Renewal Fees from
$135 to $170. (4/26/99 - Public Hearing Delayed to 6/1/99)
43) 99-49 Change of Zone 2531AA - App. of Hampton Development Services
to amend the Williamsburg Village Final P.U.D. to permit 125
dwelling units for elderly people, 60 dwelling units for
assisted living, & a waiver of the height limit from 35' to
42', on property generally located at S. 40th St. & Pine
Lake Rd. (In connection w/99-50) (4/26/99 - Public Hearing
Delayed to 6/1/99)
44) 99-50 Vacating all of Williamsburg Village 17th Add. except for
the 40th St. right-of-way generally located at S. 40th St.
& Pine Lake Rd. (In connection w/99-49) (4/26/99 - Public
Hearing Delayed to 6/1/99)
45) 99-104 Vacating the alley immediately north of W. C St. & West of
SW 1st St. & a portion of the alley immediately south of W.
B St. between SW 1st & S. 1st St.
(4/26/99 - Placed on Pending)
WITH COUNCIL APPROVAL, THE FOLLOWING RESOLUTIONS WILL HAVE PUBLIC
HEARING ON MONDAY, MAY 17, 1999: (APPROVED, 6-0.)
46) 99R-137 Appointing Denis Donohoe & Rich Claussen to the Cable
Advisory Board to fill unexpired terms expiring July 1, 2001
& July 1, 2000 respectively.
47) 99R-138 Appointing Linda Willard & Kenee Fox to the Human Rights
Commission to fill unexpired terms expiring Dec. 31, 2001.
48) 99R-139 Accepting & approving the Pre. Plat of Superior Pointe
Employment Center on property generally located at N. 33rd
St. & Folkways Blvd. (In connection w/99-54, 99-55)
49) 99R-140 Accepting the report of new & pending tort claims against
the City & approving disposition of claims set forth therein
for the period of April 16 through April 30, 1999.
ADJOURNMENT 3:00 P.M.
Setting Hearing Date of Mon., May 17, 1999 at 1:30 p.m. for the following:
App. of Charlie's Seafood Grill, Inc. dba Charlie's Seafood Grill for
a Retail Class I Liquor License at 3940 Village Dr.
App. of Sotos, Inc. dba Bongo for a Retail Class I Liquor License at
815 "O" St. App. of Ron Pushcar dba Coconut Bay for a Retail Class
C/K Liquor License at 421 S. 9th.
21) MISCELLANEOUS REFERRALS
Setting hearing date of Mon., May 24, 1999 at 1:30 p.m. on the App. of
Maria Guadalupe Rico dba Rico's Mexican Restaurant for a Retail Class
J Liquor License at 6112 Havelock Ave. (Due to the Transfer of the
Class J Liquor License from 304 W. 13th St., Grand Island, Nebraska)
(ADOPTED, 6-0; A-79473.)
Reports from City Treasurer of Telecomm. Occ. Tax due as follows:
March, 1999 from Lincoln Celtelco and April, 1999
from One Call Comms. (PLACED ON FILE)
Lincoln Water & Wastewater System Recapitulation of Daily Cash Receipts
for month of April, 1999. (PLACED ON FILE)
THE FOLLOWING APPLICATIONS WERE REFERRED TO PLANNING DEPT.:
Special Permit 1770 - App. of James Petrzilka to add an addition to
the rear of the house at 6200 Judson St.
Special Permit 1771 - App. of Land Construction, Inc. for extraction
of sand, gravel & soil at 84th & ½ mile south of Havelock.
Special Permit 1772 - App. of Jeffrey & Jeffrey for expansion of non-
conforming use at 3110 S. 47th St.
Special Permit 1692A - App. of Gary Bredehoft to develop single family
homes & duplex unit & a golf course at S. 27th & Yankee Hill Rd.
Combined Use Permit/Special Permit 14 - App. HBII, Inc. to construct &
operate a hotel in an O-3 Office Park Dist. at 60th & Old Cheney Rd.
Use Permit 117 - App. of Gary Bredehoft for retail & school use on
property at S. 14th & Pine Lake Rd.
Informal Request for a San. Sewer Dist. to serve the southerly portion
of Northview Add. signed by J.D. Burt of Design Assocs.
(REFERRED TO PUBLIC WORKS.)
Informal Request for a Paving Dist. to pave the north-south alley from
Madison Ave. to St. Paul Ave. between 49th & 50th Sts. signed by First
United Methodist Church. (REFERRED TO PUBLIC WORKS.)
Request for reconsideration of denial of claim by Jose Lovato.
(REQUEST DENIED, 6-0.)