ACTION FOR THE REGULAR CITY COUNCIL MEETING HELD
TUESDAY, JUNE 1, 1999 AT 6:30 P.M.
1) App. of Corporate Golf Marketing, Inc. dba "Yankee Hill
Country Club" for a Liquor Catering License at 7600 San
Mateo Lane. (PUB. HEARING CONT. FOR ONE WEEK TO 6/7/99, 7-0)
2) Man. App. of David Meyer for Lonestar Steakhouse & Saloon of
Nebraska, Inc. at 200 N. 70th.
(PUB. HEARING CONT. FOR ONE WEEK TO 6/7/99, 7-0)
ORDINANCES - 2ND READING (ITEMS 3 THRU 5 HAD 2ND READING)
3) 99-43 Approving increases in the Health Dept. Food Handler Permit
fees up to $10 & Food Establishment Annual Renewal Fees from
$135 to $170. (4/26/99 - Public Hearing Delayed to 6/1/99)
(SUB. ORD. ACCEPTED, 7-0)
4) 99-49 Change of Zone 2531AA - App. of Hampton Development Services
to amend the Williamsburg Village Final P.U.D. to permit 125
dwelling units for elderly people, 60 dwelling units for
assisted living, & a waiver of the height limit from 35' to
42', on property generally located at S. 40th St. & Pine
Lake Rd. (In connection w/99-50)
(3RD READING & ACTION DELAYED FOR TWO WEEKS TO 6/14/99, 7-0)
5) 99-50 Vacating all of Williamsburg Village 17th Add. except for
the 40th St. right-of-way generally located at S. 40th St.
& Pine Lake Rd. (In connection w/99-49)
(3RD READING & ACTION DELAYED FOR TWO WEEKS TO 6/14/99, 7-0)
PUBLIC HEARING - RESOLUTIONS
6) Expressing appreciation to Jerry McGinn for his service to
(PUB. HEARING & ACTION CONT. FOR ONE WEEK TO 6/7/99, 7-0)
7) 99R-146 Accepting the report of new & pending tort claims against
the City & approving disposition of claims set forth therein
for the period of May 1 through 15, 1999.
(ADOPTED, 7-0; A-79502)
8) 99R-148 Approving an amendment to Special Permit 1725 to allow the
City's letter of acceptance to be filed more than 30 days
after approval. (ACTION DELAYED FOR ONE WEEK TO 6/7/99, 7-0)
9) 99R-149 Approving an amendment to Use Permit 66C to allow the City's
letter of acceptance to be filed more than 30 days after
approval. (ADOPTED, 7-0; A-79503)
PETITIONS & COMMUNICATIONS
10) THE FOLLOWING WERE REFERRED TO PLANNING DEPT.:
Special Permit No. 1776 - A.P. of Paul Pfundt for an addition of a
beer garden at 300 W. P St.
11) MISCELLANEOUS REFERRALS
REPORTS OF CITY OFFICERS
12) Investment of Funds. (ADOPTED, 7-0; A-79506)
13) Report of City Treasurer of Telecomm. Occ. Tax due for April,
1999 from: Winstar Wireless, Network Int'l, Long Distance of
Michigan, Assoc. Adm., Global Telephone, Equality, GST Net,
Worldtel, Global Comm., Western Union, Working Assets, UStel,
LDM Systems, RSL Com.USA, NOS, INACOM, NOVA, Incomnet,
UniDial, Affinity Network, Stormtel, D&D Comm.
(PLACED ON FILE)
ORDINANCES - 1ST READING - NONE
ORDINANCES - 3RD READING
14) 99-56 Vacating the east-west alley in Block 250, Original Plat of
Lincoln, generally located between "O", "P", 2nd & 3rd Sts.
15) 99-57 Change of Zone 3165 - A.P.. of Christian Retirement Homes,
Inc. for a change from O-2 Suburban Office to R-6 Residential
on property generally located at 6315 "O" St. (In connection
w/99-59, 99R-141) (PASSED, 7-0; #17512)
16) 99-59 Change of Zone 3176 - A.P.. of the Planning Director to
amend §27.63.530 of the LMC to permit an adjustment to
the building height & yards for domiciliary care facilities.
(In connection w/99-57, 99R-141)
(AMENDED, 7-0; PASSED, 7-0; #17513)
17) 99R-141 Special Permit 552B - A.P.. of Christian Retirement Homes,
Inc. to expand the Eastmont Tower Retirement Housing by
adding 41 assisted living units, 30 elderly dwelling units,
& associated garage stalls, laundry facility, chapel/multi-
purpose room, sky walk, & parking spaces, & to adjust the
height of the assisted living & elderly housing buildings
from 35' to 45', on property generally located at 6315 "O"
St. (In connection w/99-57, 99-59) (5/24/99 - Action
Delayed to 6/1/99) (Had Public Hearing, 5/24/99)
(AMENDED, 7-0; ADOPTED, 7-0; A-79507)
18) 99-58 Change of Zone 3167 - A.P.. of College View 7th Day Adventist
Church for a change from R-4 & R-6 Residential to B-3
Commercial on property generally located at S. 49th St. &
Lowell Ave. (PLACED ON PENDING, 7-0)
19) 99-60 Authorizing a transfer of appropriations within the Sanitary
Sewer Construction Fund to fund the construction &
professional services for construction administration for
the Theresa St. Laboratory HVAC Improvements.
(PASSED, 7-0; #17514)
PENDING LIST (EXTENDED ONE WEEK)
20) 94R-361 Ordering Construction of Paving Unit 123 in N St. between
1st & 2nd Sts. (12/19/94 - Placed on Pending)
(REMOVED FROM PENDING & INDEF. POSTPONED, 7-0; #38-4306)
21) 95-128 Change of Zone 2912 - App. of Don Fauth for a change from AG
to AGR on property generally located ½ mi. west of
Coddington at SW 27th St. & Old Cheney Rd. (10/14/96 -
Placed on Pending)
22) 97-6 Vacating that portion of 11th St. lying between the north
R-O-W line of Y St. & the northwesterly line of Burlington
Northern R.R. R-O-W in the NE¼ of Sec. 23, T10N, R6E.
(2/3/97 - Placed on Pending until receipt of money)
23) 97-66 Change of Zone 3023 - App. of the Planning Director for a
change from B-2 Planned Neighborhood Business to R-5
Residential on property generally located at 7401 Pioneers
Blvd. (6/9/97-Placed on Pending)
24) 98-52 Declaring city-owned property legally described as the
Remaining Portion of Lots 226-229, Ridgeview Add., except
the north 10' of said lots, generally located at N. 5th &
Adams St., as surplus & authorizing the sale thereof.
(4/6/98 - Placed on Pending)
25) 97-122 Amending §5.04.060 of the LMC to prohibit issuance of
special designated licenses for sale of liquor to the
general public in the downtown area on home football game
days. (8/25/97 - Amended; Placed on Pending)
26) 97-142 Change of Zone 3076 - App. of Dustrol, Inc. for a change
from AG Agricultural to H-4 General Commercial on property
generally located on the south side of Arbor Rd., west of
N. 56th St. (9/22/97 - Placed on Pending)
27) 98-153 Change of Zone 3141 - App. of Randy Rohlmeier for a change
from R-2 Residential to I-1 Industrial, on property generally
located at the southwest corner of N. 33rd St. & Leighton
Ave. (9/21/98 - Placed on Pending)
28) 98R-370 Approving an exception to the Guidelines & Regulations for
Driveway Design & Location requirements of vehicle stacking
for Lincoln Federal Savings at 70th & "O" Sts. (11/23/98 -
Placed on Pending for 30 days)
29) 99-10 Change of Zone 3129 - App. of Lincoln Federal Savings Bank
for a change from R-3 Residential to O-3 Office Park on
property generally located at 77th St. & Pioneers Blvd.
(2/22/99 - Placed on Pending)
30) 99-23 Creating Water Dist. 1178 in W. Adams St. from NW 53rd St.
to NW 56th St. & in NW 56th St. from W. Adams St. south
approx. 550' to the south line of Airport Heights 1st Add.
(In connection w/99-24) (4/5/99 - Placed on Pending)
31) 99-24 Creating Sewer Dist. 1172 from a point located 150' south-
west of W. Kingsley & NW Michael Sts. to the south line of
Airport Heights 1st Add. located 175' west of NW 56th St.
(In connection w/99-23) (4/5/99 - Placed on Pending)
32) 98-193 Amending the corporate limits of the City by annexing one
lot & a portion of another lot generally located NW 56th &
W. Adams Sts. (In connection w/99-24) (4/5/99 - Placed
33) 99-104 Vacating the alley immediately north of W. C St. & West of
SW 1st St. & a portion of the alley immediately south of W.
B St. between SW 1st & S. 1st St. (4/26/99 - Placed on
34) 99R-134 Approving a recommendation that the Mayor amend Administra-
tive Regulation #9 to allow for the creation & implementation
of a take-home vehicle program for police officers in
targeted revitalization strategy areas. (5/10/99 - Placed
on Pending until 6/14/99)
35) A.P. of P.L.P. Limited Liability Co., dba Sun Valley Bar &
Grill for an approx. 10' by 25' addition to their licensed
premises at 200 W. P St. (5/10/99 - Placed on Pending until
the Special Permit comes forward)
WITH COUNCIL APPROVAL, THE FOLLOWING RESOLUTIONS WILL HAVE PUBLIC HEARING
ON MONDAY, JUNE 7, 1999: APPROVED, 7-0.
36) 99R-153 Waiving the design standard condition for the installation
of sidewalks along the south side of Cornhusker Hwy. & the
west side of N. 70th St. abutting the administrative final
plat of Cornhusker Business Center, Hendrick's 1st Add. &
Hendrick's 2nd Add.
37) 99R-154 Comp. Plan Amend. 94-23-12 - Amending the 1994 Comp. Plan by
revising Figure 38, "Lincoln Area Current & Future Trails
Network" to add the Holmes Lake Trail project in the Trails
38) 99R-155 Authorizing the transfer of appropriations in the amount of
$10,000.00 from General Fund Contingency Division to General
Fund General Expense (Legal Services) for the purpose of
paying expenses of outside legal counsel in connection with
the defense of the case of Olmer v. City.
ANYONE WISHING TO ADDRESS THE COUNCIL ON A MATTER NOT ON THIS AGENDA, OR
NOT SCHEDULED TO APPEAR ON A FUTURE AGENDA, MAY DO SO AT THIS TIME.
ADJOURNMENT 10:25 P.M.
Hearing date of Mon., June 7, 1999, at 1:30 p.m. on the A.P.. of
Chace Enterprises, Inc. dba Silver Spoke Saloon for a Retail Class
C Liquor License at 1031 M Street.
11) MISCELLANEOUS REFERRALS
App. of St. Thomas Aquinas Church/Newman Center to conduct a raffle
and a lottery within the City of Lincoln. (HEARING DATE SET FOR MON.,
JUNE 7, 1999 AT 1:30 P.M., 7-0)
App. of Make-A-Wish Foundation to conduct a raffle within the City of
Lincoln. (HEARING DATE SET FOR MON., JUNE 7, 1999 AT 1:30 P.M., 7-0)
Setting Hearing date of Mon., June 14, 1999 at 1:30 p.m. on the Man.
App. of Richard L. Bjorn for HyVee, Inc. dba "HyVee Food Store #2" at
2343 N. 48th. (ADOPTED, 7-0; A-79504)
Setting Hearing date of Mon., June 14, 1999 at 1:30 p.m on the App. of
Whitehead Oil Company dba "U-Stop Convenience Shop" for a Retail Class
"D" Liquor License at 2925 N.W. 12th St. (ADOPTED, 7-0; A-79505)
Report from City Treasurer of Telecomm. Occ. Tax due for the month of
April, 1999: Telco, Coast Int'l., USA Paging, Aliant Comm., Shaffer
Comm., Sprint, Airtime SMR. (PLACED ON FILE)
Lincoln Water & Wastewater System Recapitulation of Daily Cash
Receipts for May, 1999. ( PLACED ON FILE)