ACTION From The Regular City Coucil Meeting Held
Monday, June 7, 1999 At 1:30 p.m.
ALL MEMBERS PRESENT.
NOTE: REGULAR CITY COUNCIL MEETING OF JUNE 28, 1999 BEGINS AT 1:30 P.M.
PUBLIC HEARING LIQUOR RESOLUTIONS
1) App. of Corporate Golf Marketing, Inc. dba Yankee Hill
Country Club for a Liquor Catering License at 7600 San
Mateo Ln. (ADOPTED FOR APPROVAL, 7-0; A-79508.)
2) Man. App. of David Meyer for Lonestar Steakhouse & Saloon
of Nebraska, Inc. at 200 N. 70th.
(ADOPTED FOR APPROVAL, 7-0; A-79509.)
3) App. of Chace Enterprises, Inc. dba Silver Spoke Saloon for
a Class C liquor license at 1031 M St.
(ADOPTED FOR APPROVAL, 7-0; A-79510.)
4) Man. App. of Teresa Lynne Ernisse for Chace Enterprises, Inc.
dba Silver Spoke Saloon at 1031 M St.
(ADOPTED FOR APPROVAL, 7-0; A-79511.)
5) App. of Misty, Inc. for a SDL to cover an area measuring
129' x 99' in the west parking lot at 6235 Havelock Ave. on
June 12, 1999 from 2:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m.
(ADOPTED FOR APPROVAL, 7-0; A-79512.)
PUBLIC HEARING ORDINANCES - 2ND READING - NONE
PUBLIC HEARING - RESOLUTIONS
6) Expressing appreciation to Jerry McGinn for his service to
the City. (ADOPTED, 7-0; A-79513.)
7) App. of St. Thomas Aquinas Church/Newman Center to conduct
a raffle & a lottery within the City of Lincoln.
(ADOPTED, 7-0; A-79514.)
8) App. of Make-A-Wish Foundation to conduct a raffle within the
City of Lincoln. (ADOPTED, 7-0; A-79515.)
9) 99R-153 Waiving the design standard condition for the installation of
sidewalks along the south side of Cornhusker Hwy. & the west
side of N. 70th St. abutting the administrative final plat of
Cornhusker Business Center, Hendrick's 1st Add. & Hendrick's
2nd Add. (ADOPTED, 7-0; A-79516.)
10) 99R-154 Comp. Plan Amend. 94-23-12 - Amending the 1994 Comp. Plan by
revising Figure 38, "Lincoln Area Current & Future Trails
Network" to add the Holmes Lake Trail project in the Trails
Master Plan. (ADOPTED, 7-0; A-79517.)
11) 99R-155 Authorizing the transfer of appropriations in the amount of
$10,000.00 from General Fund Contingency Div. to General Fund
General Expense (Legal Services) for the purpose of paying
expenses of outside legal counsel in connection with the
defense of the case of Olmer v. City.
(ADOPTED, 5-2; FORTENBERRY & SHOECRAFT DISSENTING; A-79518.)
12) 99R-160 Approving the appointment of Georgia M. Glass to the position
of Personnel Director effective June 7, 1999.
(ADOPTED, 7-0; A-79519.)
PETITIONS & COMMUNICATIONS
13) MISCELLANEOUS REFERRALS
Reports from City Treasurer of Telecomm. Occ. Tax due as
follows: Feb. & March, 1999: LDM Systems, Inc.;
April, 1999: Lincoln Celtelco, IBM Global Services,
Calls for Less, McLeod USA Telecomms., Transnational Comms.,
Comdata Telecom, MCI Telecomms., & AT&T Comms. of the Midwest.
(PLACED ON FILE.)
Report on Mary H. Brown Irrevocable Trust #1 & #2 for period
of 3/1/99 thru 5/31/99. (PLACED ON FILE.)
REPORTS OF CITY OFFICERS
14) Clerk's Letter & Mayor's Approval of Ordinances &
Resolutions passed on May 24, 1999. (PLACED ON FILE)
15) Investment of Funds. (ADOPTED, 7-0; A-79520.)
ORDINANCES - 1ST READING (ITEM 16 HAD 1ST READING.)
16) 99-63 Amending §9.44.080 of the LMC to prohibit the sale of
fireworks prior to 8:00 a.m. on July 3rd.
(REQUEST TO HAVE 2ND & 3RD READING ON 6/14/99 APPROVED, 7-0.)
RESOLUTIONS - HAD PUBLIC HEARING - COUNCIL ACTION ONLY
17) 99R-148 Approving an amendment to Special Permit 1725 to allow the
City's letter of acceptance to be filed more than 30 days
after approval. (ADOPTED, 7-0; A-79521.)
ORDINANCES - 3RD READING
18) 99-43 Approving increases in the Health Dept. Food Handler Permit
fees & Food Establishment Annual Renewal Fees.
(PASSED, 7-0; #17515.)
PENDING LIST (EXTENDED ONE WEEK. SEE ITEMS 35 & 36.)
19) 95-128 Change of Zone 2912 - App. of Don Fauth for a change from AG
to AGR on property generally located ½ mi. west of
Coddington at SW 27th St. & Old Cheney Rd. (10/14/96 -
Placed on Pending)
20) 97-6 Vacating that portion of 11th St. lying between the north
R-O-W line of Y St. & the northwesterly line of Burlington
Northern R.R. R-O-W in the NE¼ of Sec. 23, T10N, R6E.
(2/3/97 - Placed on Pending until receipt of money)
21) 97-66 Change of Zone 3023 - App. of the Planning Director for a
change from B-2 Planned Neighborhood Business to R-5
Residential on property generally located at 7401 Pioneers
Blvd. (6/9/97-Placed on Pending)
22) 98-52 Declaring city-owned property legally described as the
Remaining Portion of Lots 226-229, Ridgeview Add., except
the north 10' of said lots, generally located at N. 5th &
Adams St., as surplus & authorizing the sale thereof.
(4/6/98 - Placed on Pending)
23) 97-122 Amending §5.04.060 of the LMC to prohibit issuance of
special designated licenses for sale of liquor to the general
public in the downtown area on home football game days.
(8/25/97 - Amended; Placed on Pending)
24) 97-142 Change of Zone 3076 - App. of Dustrol, Inc. for a change from
AG Agricultural to H-4 General Commercial on property
generally located on the south side of Arbor Rd., west of N.
56th St. (9/22/97 - Placed on Pending)
25) 98-153 Change of Zone 3141 - App. of Randy Rohlmeier for a change
from R-2 Residential to I-1 Industrial, on property
generally located at the southwest corner of N. 33rd St. &
Leighton Ave. (9/21/98 - Placed on Pending)
26) 98R-370 Approving an exception to the Guidelines & Regulations for
Driveway Design & Location requirements of vehicle stacking
for Lincoln Federal Savings at 70th & "O" Sts. (11/23/98 -
Placed on Pending for 30 days)
27) 99-10 Change of Zone 3129 - App. of Lincoln Federal Savings Bank
for a change from R-3 Residential to O-3 Office Park on
property generally located at 77th St. & Pioneers Blvd.
(2/22/99 - Placed on Pending)
28) 99-23 Creating Water Dist. 1178 in W. Adams St. from NW 53rd St. to
NW 56th St. & in NW 56th St. from W. Adams St. south approx.
550' to the south line of Airport Heights 1st Add. (In
connection w/99-24) (4/5/99 - Placed on Pending)
29) 99-24 Creating Sewer Dist. 1172 from a point located 150' southwest
of W. Kingsley & NW Michael Sts. to the south line of Airport
Heights 1st Add. located 175' west of NW 56th St. (In
connection w/99-23) (4/5/99 - Placed on Pending)
30) 98-193 Amending the corporate limits of the City by annexing one lot
& a portion of another lot generally located NW 56th & W.
Adams Sts. (In connection w/99-24) (4/5/99 - Placed on
31) 99-104 Vacating the alley immediately north of W. C St. & West of
SW 1st St. & a portion of the alley immediately south of W.
B St. between SW 1st & S. 1st St. (4/26/99 - Placed on
32) 99R-134 Approving a recommendation that the Mayor amend Administrative
Regulation #9 to allow for the creation & implementation of a
take-home vehicle program for police officers in targeted
revitalization strategy areas. (5/10/99 - Placed on
Pending until 6/14/99)
33) A.P.. of P.L.P. Limited Liability Co., dba Sun Valley Bar &
Grill for an approx. 10' by 25' addition to their licensed
premises at 200 W. P St. (5/10/99 - Placed on Pending until
the Special Permit comes forward)
34) 99-58 Change of Zone 3167 - A.P.. of College View 7th Day Adventist
Church for a change from R-4 & R-6 Residential to B-3
Commercial on property generally located at S. 49th St.
& Lowell Ave. (6/1/99 - Placed on Pending)
35) 99-49 Change of Zone 2531AA - App. of Hampton Development Services
to amend the Williamsburg Village Final P.U.D. to permit 125
dwelling units for elderly people, 60 dwelling units for
assisted living, & a waiver of the height limit from 35' to
42', on property generally located at S. 40th St. & Pine Lake
Rd. (In connection w/99-50) (6/1//99 - 3rd Reading (Action)
delayed to 6/14/99) (REMOVED FROM PENDING TO HAVE 3RD
READING & ACTION ON 6/14/99, 7-0.)
36) 99-50 Vacating all of Williamsburg Village 17th Add. except for the
40th St. right-of-way generally located at S. 40th St. & Pine
Lake Rd. (In connection w/99-49) (6/1/99 - 3rd Reading
(Action) delayed to 6/14/99) (REMOVED FROM PENDING TO HAVE
3RD READING & ACTION ON 6/14/99, 7-0.)
WITH COUNCIL APPROVAL, THE FOLLOWING RESOLUTIONS WILL HAVE PUBLIC
HEARING ON MONDAY, JUNE 14, 1999: (APPROVED, 7-0.)
37) 99R-152 Authorizing acquisition of property contiguous with other
City of Lincoln property in Sarpy County east of the Platte
38) 99R-156 Approving the Agrmt. between the City & the University of
Nebraska Lincoln for Wet Weather Discharge Characterization
Studies of the Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System.
39) 99R-157 Accepting & approving the Pre. Plat of Highlands Northwest
generally located at N.W. 10th St. & W. Harvest Dr.
40) 99R-158 Approving the Fiscal Year 1999 Action Plan: One Year Use of
Funds for Consolidated Plan for HUD Entitlement Programs FY
41) 99R-159 Accepting the report of new & pending tort claims against the
City & approving disposition of claims set forth therein for
the period of May 16 through May 31, 1999.
ADJOURNMENT 2:13 P.M.
Hearing date of Mon., June 14, 1999 at 1:30 p.m. on the Man. App. of
Richard L. Bjorn for HyVee, Inc. dba HyVee Food Store #2 at 2343 N.
Hearing date of Mon., June 14, 1999 at 1:30 p.m. on the App. of
Whitehead Oil Co. dba U-Stop Convenience Shop for a Retail Class
D Liquor License at 2925 NW 12th St.