ACTION From The Regular City Council Meeting Held
Monday, July 19, 1999 At 1:30 p.m.
ALL MEMBERS PRESENT.
1) App. of the Partnership of Green & Glass, dba Kerry O'Ryan's
French Quarter, for a Class I Liquor License at 700 "O" St.
(ADOPTED FOR APPROVAL, 7-0; A-79600.)
2) App. of Ogden Entertainment dba Pershing Auditorium for a
special designated license covering an area on "N" St. from
16th St. to 14th St., Centennial Mall from "O" St. to "M"
St., & the area north & west surrounding the grounds of
Pershing Auditorium, on Aug. 12, 1999 from 4:00 p.m. to
11:59 p.m., Aug. 13, 1999 from 11:00 a.m. to 11:59 p.m.,
Aug. 14, 1999 from 11:00 a.m. to 11:59 p.m., & Aug. 15, 1999
from 12:00 noon to 5:00 p.m.
(ADOPTED FOR APPROVAL, 7-0; A-79601.)
ORDINANCES - 2ND READING (ITEMS 3 THRU 7 HAD PUBLIC HEARING.)
3) 99-76 Annexing approx. 40.4 acres of property generally located at
NW 56th St. & W. Leighton Ave.
4) 99-80 Change of Zone 3186 - Amending §§27.21.020,
27.23.020, & 27.24.020 of the LMC to remove "Boarding &
Lodging Houses" as permitted uses in the R-6, R-7, & R-8
residential zoning districts.
5) 99-82 Change of Zone 3187 - Amending Chapter 27.69 of the LMC to
amend the sign ordinance to require 800' between off-premise
6) 99-83 Change of Zone 3189 - App. of Bottlers, L.L.C. for a change
from I-1 Industrial to H-3 Hwy. Commercial on property
generally located at 643 S. 25th St.
(In connection w/99-84)
7) 99-84 Change of Zone 3192 - App. of the Interim Planning Director
for a change from I-1 Industrial to P Public Use on property
generally located one-half block south of "J" St. & west of
S. 25th St. (In connnection w/99-83)
PUBLIC HEARING - RESOLUTIONS
8) 99R-189 Special Permit 1179 - App. of Concord Neighborhood Corp. for
authority to sell alcoholic beverages for consumption on the
premises at 3951 N. 27th St.
(ADOPTED, 7-0; A-79602.)
9) App. of St. John's Church to conduct a lottery within the
City of Lincoln from July 19, 1999 thru Sept. 19, 1999.
(ADOPTED, 7-0; A-79603.)
PETITIONS & COMMUNICATIONS
10) MISCELLANEOUS REFERRALS
REPORTS OF CITY OFFICERS
11) Clerk's Letter & Mayor's Approval of Ordinances &
Resolutions passed on July 6, 1999. (PLACED ON FILE)
12) Investment of Funds. (ADOPTED, 7-0; A-79606.)
13) 99/2000 Mayor's Recommended Annual Operating Budget & Capital
Improvement Program FY1999-2005. (PLACED ON FILE)
(HEARING DATE SET FOR MON., AUG. 9, 1999, AT 6:30 P.M., 7-0.)
ORDINANCES - 1ST READING (ITEMS 14 THRU 18 HAD 1ST READING.)
14) 99-75 Annexing approx. 29.4 acres of property consisting of three
lots & the City water tower & LES substation generally
located at S. 56th St. & Union Hill Rd.
15) 99-77 Annexing approx. 20 acres of property generally located
southwest of N. 27th St. & Interstate 80.
16) 99-78 Annexing approx. 31 acres of property generally located in
the Waterbrook Subdivision, including the LES substation,
in the vicinity of N. 33rd St. & Folkways Blvd.
17) 99-85 Authorizing the transfer of appropriations in the amount of
$750,000.00 from Proj. 700900 Phase 8 Lateral Expansion &
Proj. 569112 Site Maintenance to Proj. 700354 Screening Berm
Construction, within the Landfill Revenue Fund, for the
purpose of expanding the screening at the Bluff Road
18) 99-86 Approving the issuance & sale of not to exceed $2,000,000 of
existing parking revenue bonds to finance the Market Place
Parking Garage & authorizing the Finance Director to
prescribe terms & provisions for the issuance & repayment
of the bonds & notes & establishing related funds &
accounts. (HAD 1ST READING; PLACED ON PENDING UNTIL BOND
RATING COMES FORTH, 7-0.)
ORDINANCES - 3RD READING
19) 99-71 Change of Zone 3185 - App. of the First Assembly of God
Church for a change from R-2 Residential to O-3 Office Park
on property generally located at the southeast corner of 56th
& "R" Sts. (7/12/99 - Held over to 7/19/99 due to lack of
majority vote) (PLACED ON PENDING FOR 3 WEEKS TO 8/9/99 FOR
ACTION ONLY, 7-0.)
20) 99-67 Amending §9.36.020 of the LMC to make it unlawful for
any person to sell, loan, or furnish any ammunition or
components thereof to any minor. (7/12/99 - Action delayed
1 week to 7/19/99) (AMENDED, 7-0; PASSED, 7-0; #17529.)
21) 99-79 Change of Zone 3177 - Amending §27.63.390 of the LMC to
eliminate all conditions of the special permit for hotels &
motels relating to density, room size, & facilities in each
room in the O-3 Office Park Dist.; & §§27.69.044 &
27.69.060 to add off-premise signs in the O-3 Office Park
Dist. & B-5 Planned Regional Business Dist. for motels &
hotels. (In connection w/99R-186) (ACTION DELAYED FOR 1
WEEK TO 7/26/99, 7-0.)
22) 99R-186 Combined Use Permit/Special Permit 14 - App. of David
Thompson to construct & operate a 90-unit hotel in an O-3
Office Park Dist., to modify the sign regulations in the O-3
Office Park Dist. to increase the size of the two wall signs;
& to adjust the front yard along Old Cheney Rd, to permit an
off-premise pole sign for the hotel, on property generally
located at 60th & Old Cheney Rd. (In connection w/99-79)
(7/12/99 - Action delayed to 7/19/99)
(ACTION DELAYED FOR 1 WEEK TO 7/26/99, 7-0.)
PENDING LIST (EXTENDED ONE WEEK. SEE ITEM 31.)
23) 95-128 Change of Zone 2912 - App. of Don Fauth for a change from AG
to AGR on property generally located ½ mi. west of
Coddington at SW 27th St. & Old Cheney Rd. (10/14/96 -
Placed on Pending)
24) 97-6 Vacating that portion of 11th St. lying between the north
R-O-W line of Y St. & the northwesterly line of Burlington
Northern R.R. R-O-W in the NE¼ of Sec. 23, T10N, R6E.
(2/3/97 - Placed on Pending until receipt of money)
25) 97-66 Change of Zone 3023 - App. of the Planning Director for a
change from B-2 Planned Neighborhood Business to R-5
Residential on property generally located at 7401 Pioneers
Blvd. (6/9/97-Placed on Pending)
26) 98-52 Declaring city-owned property legally described as the
Remaining Portion of Lots 226-229, Ridgeview Add., except
the north 10' of said lots, generally located at N. 5th &
Adams St., as surplus & authorizing the sale thereof.
(4/6/98 - Placed on Pending)
27) 97-122 Amending §5.04.060 of the LMC to prohibit issuance of
special designated licenses for sale of liquor to the
general public in the downtown area on home football game
days. (8/25/97 - Amended; Placed on Pending)
28) 97-142 Change of Zone 3076 - App. of Dustrol, Inc. for a change
from AG Agricultural to H-4 General Commercial on property
generally located on the south side of Arbor Rd., west of
N. 56th St. (9/22/97 - Placed on Pending)
29) 98-153 Change of Zone 3141 - App. of Randy Rohlmeier for a change
from R-2 Residential to I-1 Industrial, on property
generally located at the southwest corner of N. 33rd St. &
Leighton Ave. (9/21/98 - Placed on Pending)
30) 98R-370 Approving an exception to the Guidelines & Regulations for
Driveway Design & Location requirements of vehicle stacking
for Lincoln Federal Savings at 70th & "O" Sts. (11/23/98 -
Placed on Pending for 30 days)
31) 99-10 Change of Zone 3129 - App. of Lincoln Federal Savings Bank
for a change from R-3 Residential to O-3 Office Park on
property generally located at 77th St. & Pioneers Blvd.
(2/22/99 - Placed on Pending)
(REMOVED FROM PENDING & REFERRED BACK TO PLANNING COMMISSION,
32) 99-23 Creating Water Dist. 1178 in W. Adams St. from NW 53rd St.
to NW 56th St. & in NW 56th St. from W. Adams St. south
approx. 550' to the south line of Airport Heights 1st Add.
(In connection w/99-24) (4/5/99 - Placed on Pending)
33) 99-24 Creating Sewer Dist. 1172 from a point located 150'
southwest of W. Kingsley & NW Michael Sts. to the south
line of Airport Heights 1st Add. located 175' west of NW
56th St. (In connection w/99-23) (4/5/99 - Placed on
34) 98-193 Amending the corporate limits of the City by annexing one
lot & a portion of another lot generally located NW 56th &
W. Adams Sts. (In connection w/99-24) (4/5/99 - Placed
35) 99-104 Vacating the alley immediately north of W. C St. & West of
SW 1st St. & a portion of the alley immediately south of W.
B St. between SW 1st & S. 1st St. (4/26/99 - Placed on
36) 99R-134 Approving a recommendation that the Mayor amend
Administrative Regulation #9 to allow for t he creation &
implementation of a take-home vehicle program for police
officers in targeted revitalization strategy areas.
(5/10/99 - Placed on Pending)
37) 99-58 Change of Zone 3167 - A.P.. of College View 7th Day Adventist
Church for a change from R-4 & R-6 Residential to B-3
Commercial on property generally located at S. 49th St. &
Lowell Ave. (6/1/99 - Placed on Pending)
38) 99R-152 Authorizing acquisition of property contiguous with other
city of Lincoln property in Sarpy County east of the Platte
River. (6/28/99 - Action delayed for 3 weeks w/Pub. Hearing
on 7/19/99) (7/12/99 - To remain on Pending indefinitely)
39) 99R-176 Accepting & approving the Pre. Plat of Horizon Business
Center generally located at S. 14th St. & Pine Lake Rd.
(In connection w/99R-177) (7/12/99 - Action delayed to
40) 99R-177 Use Permit 117 - App. of South Industrial Park L.L.C.,
Security Mutual Life Insurance Co., Lincoln Public Schools,
& Gary Pickering & John Rallis to develop 529,500 sq. ft. of
industrial, office, & retail uses on property generally
located at S. 14th St. & Pine Lake Rd. (In connection
w/99R-176) (7/12/99 - Action delayed to 8/30/99)
WITH COUNCIL APPROVAL, THE FOLLOWING RESOLUTIONS WILL HAVE PUBLIC HEARING
ON MONDAY, JULY 26, 1999: (APPROVED, 7-0.)
41) 99R-190 Approving an Agrmt. between the City & KPMG L.L.P. for audit
services for all City funds except Lincoln Electric System,
Lincoln Water System, & Lincoln Wastewater System for the
fiscal years ending Aug. 31,1999, 2000, 2001, & 2002.
42) 99R-191 Approving an Agrmt. between the City & KPMG L.L.P. for audit
services to the City of Lincoln Water & Wastewater Systems
for fiscal years ending Aug. 31, 1999, 2000, 2001, & 2002.
43) 99R-192 Ordering Improvement Dist. 182 constructed in 23rd St. from
Fletcher Ave. north 429'.
44) 99R-193 Approving a contract between the City & the lowest
responsible bidder to be announced July 21, 1999 for
Leachate Collection & Treatment Facilities, & the
Bluff Road Phase 8 Lateral Expansion & Screening Berm Proj.
45) 99R-194 Approving the placement of artwork on public property at the
southwest corner of 12th & Q Sts.
46) 99R-195 Authorizing the expenditure by the Urban Development Dept.
of up to $130,000 from the Advance Acquisition Fund
(Unallocated Account) to the Advance Land Acquisition Fund
for project costs related to acquisition or moving of 501 N.
27th St. & acquisition/demolition of 539 N. 27th St. for
47) 99R-196 Appointing Ross Hecht to the Fire & Police Pension Advisory
Committee to fill an unexpired term expiring October 1, 2002.
ADJOURNMENT 2:40 P.M.
10) MISCELLANEOUS REFERRALS
Setting hearing date of Mon., Aug. 2, 1999 at 1:30 p.m. on the Man.
App. of Lawrence Burtchaell II for Columbus Lincoln Hotel Prop LC dba
Holiday Inn at 141 N. 9th. (ADOPTED, 7-0; A-79604.)
Setting hearing date of Mon., Aug. 2, 1999 at 1:30 p.m. on the App. of
BCRT, Inc. dba Coyote Willy for a Retail Class C Liquor License at
2137A Cornhusker Hwy. (ADOPTED, 7-0; A-79605.)
Petition to Vacate Public Way in the east-west alley adjacent to Lots
14, 18, 19 &the north-south alley adjacent to Lots 15, 16, 17, & 18
all in Folsom's Add. signed by Robert Waechter.
(REFERRED TO LAW DEPT.)
UNL-Microbiologist Report of water tested for the month of June, 1999.
(PLACED ON FILE)
App. of Lincoln Children's Museum to conduct a raffle in the City from
Aug. 2, 1999 to Sept. 28, 1999. (HEARING DATE SET FOR JULY 26, 1999
AT 1:30 P.M., 7-0.)
THE FOLLOWING WERE REFERRED TO THE PLANNING DEPT.:
Use Permit 120 - App. of David & Olivia Harrison to practice
chiropractic medicine on property at 8030 O St.
Use Permit 122 - App. of Homestead Presbytery of the Presbyterian
Church to construct a church & associated parking on property
generally located at NW 1st St. & W. Barons Rd.
Change of Zone 67HP - App. of Sigma Chapter House for a change from
R-7 to R-2 w/Landmark Designation on property locate at 616 N. 16th
Change of Zone 3178 - App. of Ridge Place, Ltd., Southview Inc. &
Ridge Development Co. for a change from AG, R-4 & R-3 to R-3, B-2,
O-3, R-3 & R-4 on property generally located at 27th to 33rd & Yankee
Special Permit 1787 - App. of Titan Towers to install a multiple-use
communications tower on property generally located at Sun Valley Blvd.
Special Permit 1788 - App. of Divine Tower Internat'l Corp. to
construct a monopole telecommunications facility on property
generally located at W. O St. & Interstate 80.
Special Permit 1789 - App. of Divine Tower Internat'l Corp. for a
telecommunications antenna facility to be located on the rooftop of
Centennial Hall on the Nebraska Wesleyan University campus on
property generally located at 53rd & Madison.
10) MISCELLANEOUS REFERRALS (cont'd)
Reports from City Treasurer of Telecomm. Occ. Tax due as follows:
April, May, & June, 1999: Zenex Long Distance; May,
1999: Trans National Comms., Atcall, Inc., Comdata Telecom Svcs.,
Frontier Comms., LCI Internat'l, Eclipse Telecomms., Telegroup, Calls
For Less, & IBM Global Services; June, 1999: One Call
Comms., & Operator Comms. (PLACED ON FILE)
Two Petitions to Vacate Public Way in the abandoned alleyway from
alley between Q & R Sts. curving south to Q St., the portion that
abutts our property signed by Jerome & Connie Kucera and Mary
Gillespie. (REFERRED TO LAW DEPT.)