ACTION For The Regular City Council Meeting Held
Monday, July 26, 1999 At 1:30 p.m.
PUBLIC HEARING ORDINANCES -
2ND READING (ITEMS 1 THRU 4 HAD 2ND READING; SEE ITEM 4)
1) 99-75 Annexing approx. 29.4 acres of property consisting of three
lots & the City water tower & LES substation generally
located at S. 56th St. & Union Hill Rd.
2) 99-77 Annexing approx. 20 acres of property generally located
southwest of N. 27th St. & Interstate 80.
3) 99-78 Annexing approx. 31 acres of property generally located in
the Waterbrook Subdivision, including the LES substation, in
the vicinity of N. 33rd St. & Folkways Blvd.
4) 99-85 Authorizing the transfer of appropriations in the amount of
$750,000.00 from Proj. 700900 Phase 8 Lateral Expansion &
Proj. 569112 Site Maintenance to Proj. 700354 Screening Berm
Construction, within the Landfill Revenue Fund, for the
purpose of expanding the screening at the Bluff Road
Landfill. (In connection w/99R-193)
(WITHDRAWN, 7-0; #38-4308)
PUBLIC HEARING - RESOLUTIONS
5) 99R-190 Approving an Agrmt. between the City & KPMG L.L.P. for audit
services for all City funds except Lincoln Electric System,
Lincoln Water System, & Lincoln Wastewater System for the
fiscal years ending Aug. 31,1999, 2000,
2001, & 2002. (ADOPTED, 7-0; A-79607)
6) 99R-191 Approving an Agrmt. between the City & KPMG L.L.P. for audit
services to the City of Lincoln Water & Wastewater Systems
for fiscal years ending Aug. 31, 1999, 2000, 2001, & 2002.
(ADOPTED, 7-0; A-79608)
7) 99R-192 Ordering Improvement Dist. 182 constructed in 23rd St. from
Fletcher Ave. north 429'. (Item to be withdrawn - had been
voted on previously) (WITHDRAWN, 7-0; #38-4309)
8) 99R-193 Approving a contract between the City & the lowest
responsible bidder to be announced July 21, 1999 for
Leachate Collection & Treatment Facilities, & the Bluff Road
Phase 8 Lateral Expansion & Screening Berm Proj. (In
connection w/99-85) (ADOPTED, 7-0; A-79609)
9) 99R-194 Approving the placement of artwork on public property at the
southwest corner of 12th & Q Sts.
(ADOPTED, 6-1; MCROY DISSENTING; A-79610)
10) 99R-195 Authorizing the expenditure by the Urban Development Dept. of
up to $130,000 from the Advance Acquisition Fund (Unallocated
Account) to the Advance Land Acquisition Fund for project
costs related to acquisition or moving of 501 N. 27th St. &
acquisition of 539 N. 27th St. for future development.
(ADOPTED, 7-0; A-79611)
11) 99R-196 Appointing Ross Hecht to the Fire & Police Pension Advisory
Committee to fill an unexpired term expiring October 1, 2002.
(ADOPTED, 7-0; A-79612)
12) App. of the Lincoln Children's Museum to conduct a raffle
within the City of Lincoln from Aug. 2 through Sept. 28,
1999. (ADOPTED, 7-0; A-79613)
PETITIONS & COMMUNICATIONS
13) Request the One and Six Year Streets and Highways Program
Public Hearing be Mon., Aug. 9, 1999, at 6:30 p.m. (Public
Works) (HEARING DATE SET FOR MON., AUG. 9, 1999 AT
6:30 P.M., 7-0)
14) Petition to vacate Public Way in the north-south alley
between 49th & 50th Streets from St. Paul Ave. to Madison
Ave. signed by Linda Carlson Schmidt, Chairman of the Board
of Trustees of First United Methodist Church.
(REFERRED TO LAW DEPT.)
15) MISCELLANEOUS REFERRALS
REPORTS OF CITY OFFICERS
16) Clerk's Letter & Mayor's Approval of Ordinances &
Resolutions passed on July 12, 1999. (PLACED ON FILE)
17) Investment of Funds. (ADOPTED, 7-0; A-79615)
18) Reports from City Treasurer of Telecomm. Occ. Tax due as
follows: April, 1999: Long Distance Int'l., Excel;
May, 1999: Long Distance Int'l.; June, 1999:
Long Distance Int'l., Sprint Spectrum, Business Telecom.,
Winstar Wireless; July, 1999: Nebraska Lincoln
Business. (PLACED ON FILE)
ORDINANCES - 1ST READING (ITEMS 19 THRU 23 HAD 1ST
19) 99-87 Adopting pay schedules & schedules of pay ranges for
employees of the City of Lincoln, Nebraska whose
classifications are assigned to pay ranges prefixed by the
letters "E", "X", & "M".
20) 99-88 Vacating Hill St. between the Van Dorn Bypass to Park Blvd.
on the south side of Van Dorn.
21) 99-89 Change of Zone 3188 - App. of Jeffrey J. Fredrick for a
change from R-4 Residential to B-3 Commercial on property
generally located on the northeast corner of N. 27th &
22) 99-90 Change of Zone 3191 - App. of Richard Svoboda for a change
from B-3 Commercial to R-5 Residential/R-C Residential
Conservation Dist. on property generally located at 17th
& Sumner Sts.
23) 99-91 Amending Chapter 4.16 of the LMC relating to the Community
Health Endowment to provide for nominations by the Mayor &
City Council to the Board of Trustees with appointments
being made by the City Council & extending the original
Board appointments by one year.
ORDINANCES - 3RD READING
24) 99-76 Annexing approx. 40.4 acres of property generally
located at NW 56th St. & W. Leighton Ave.
(PASSED, 7-0; #17530)
25) 99-80 Change of Zone 3186 - Amending §§27.21.020,
27.23.020, & 27.24.020 of the LMC to remove "Boarding &
Lodging Houses" as permitted uses in the R-6, R-7, & R-8
residential zoning districts. (PASSED, 7-0; #17531)
26) 99-82 Change of Zone 3187 - Amending Chapter 27.69 of the LMC to
amend the sign ordinance to require 800' between off-premise
signs. (PLACED ON PENDING TO 2/1/2000, 7-0)
27) 99-83 Change of Zone 3189 - App. of Bottlers, L.L.C. for a change
from I-1 Industrial to H-3 Hwy. Commercial on property
generally located at 643 S. 25th St. (In connection w/99-84)
(PASSED, 7-0; #17532)
28) 99-84 Change of Zone 3192 - App. of the Interim Planning Director
for a change from I-1 Industrial to P Public Use on property
generally located one-half block south of "J" St. & west of
S. 25th St. (In connection w/99-83)
(PASSED, 7-0; #17533)
29) 99-79 Change of Zone 3177 - Amending §27.63.390 of the LMC to
eliminate all conditions of the special permit for hotels &
motels relating to density, room size, & facilities in each
room in the O-3 Office Park Dist.; & §§27.69.044 &
27.69.060 to add off-premise signs in the O-3 Office Park
Dist. & B-5 Planned Regional Business Dist. for motels &
hotels. (In connection w/99R-186)
(WITHDRAWN, 7-0; #38-4310)
30) 99R-186 Combined Use Permit/Special Permit 14 - App. of David
Thompson to construct & operate a 90-unit hotel in an O-3
Office Park Dist., to modify the sign regulations in the
O-3 Office Park Dist. to increase the size of the two wall
signs; & to adjust the front yard along Old Cheney Rd, to
permit an off-premise pole sign for the hotel, on property
generally located at 60th & Old Cheney Rd.
(In connection w/99-79) (REFERRED BACK TO PLANNING, 7-0)
PENDING LIST (EXTENDED ONE WEEK)
31) 95-128 Change of Zone 2912 - App. of Don Fauth for a change from
AG to AGR on property generally located ½ mi. west of
Coddington at SW 27th St. & Old Cheney Rd. (10/14/96 -
Placed on Pending)
32) 97-6 Vacating that portion of 11th St. lying between the north
R-O-W line of Y St. & the northwesterly line of Burlington
Northern R.R. R-O-W in the NE¼ of Sec. 23, T10N, R6E.
(2/3/97 - Placed on Pending until receipt of money)
33) 97-66 Change of Zone 3023 - App. of the Planning Director for a
change from B-2 Planned Neighborhood Business to R-5
Residential on property generally located at 7401 Pioneers
Blvd. (6/9/97-Placed on Pending)
34) 98-52 Declaring city-owned property legally described as the
Remaining Portion of Lots 226-229, Ridgeview Add., except
the north 10' of said lots, generally located at N. 5th &
Adams St., as surplus & authorizing the sale thereof.
(4/6/98 - Placed on Pending)
35) 97-122 Amending §5.04.060 of the LMC to prohibit issuance of
special designated licenses for sale of liquor to the
general public in the downtown area on home football game
days. (8/25/97 - Amended; Placed on Pending)
36) 97-142 Change of Zone 3076 - App. of Dustrol, Inc. for a change
from AG Agricultural to H-4 General Commercial on property
generally located on the south side of Arbor Rd., west of
N. 56th St. (9/22/97 - Placed on Pending)
37) 98-153 Change of Zone 3141 - App. of Randy Rohlmeier for a change
from R-2 Residential to I-1 Industrial, on property generally
located at the southwest corner of N. 33rd St. & Leighton
Ave. (9/21/98 - Placed on Pending)
38) 98R-370 Approving an exception to the Guidelines & Regulations for
Driveway Design & Location requirements of vehicle stacking
for Lincoln Federal Savings at 70th & "O" Sts. (11/23/98 -
Placed on Pending for 30 days)
39) 99-23 Creating Water Dist. 1178 in W. Adams St. from NW 53rd St.
to NW 56th St. & in NW 56th St. from W. Adams St. south
approx. 550' to the south line of Airport Heights 1st Add.
(In connection w/99-24) (4/5/99 - Placed on Pending)
40) 99-24 Creating Sewer Dist. 1172 from a point located 150'
southwest of W. Kingsley & NW Michael Sts. to the south
line of Airport Heights 1st Add. located 175' west of NW
56th St. (In connection w/99-23) (4/5/99 - Placed on
41) 98-193 Amending the corporate limits of the City by annexing one
lot & a portion of another lot generally located NW 56th &
W. Adams Sts. (In connection w/99-24) (4/5/99 - Placed
42) 99-104 Vacating the alley immediately north of W. C St. & West of
SW 1st St. & a portion of the alley immediately south of W.
B St. between SW 1st & S. 1st St.
(4/26/99 - Placed on Pending)
43) 99R-134 Approving a recommendation that the Mayor amend
Administrative Regulation #9 to allow for t he creation &
implementation of a take-home vehicle program
for police officers in targeted revitalization strategy
areas. (5/10/99 - Placed on Pending)
44) 99-58 Change of Zone 3167 - A.P.. of College View 7th Day Adventist
Church for a change from R-4 & R-6 Residential to B-3
Commercial on property generally located at S. 49th St.
& Lowell Ave. (6/1/99 - Placed on Pending)
45) 99R-152 Authorizing acquisition of property contiguous with other
city of Lincoln property in Sarpy County east of the Platte
River. (6/28/99 - Action delayed for 3 weeks w/Pub. Hearing
on 7/19/99) (7/12/99 - To remain on Pending indefinitely)
46) 99R-176 Accepting & approving the Pre. Plat of Horizon Business
Center generally located at S. 14th St. & Pine Lake Rd.
(In connection w/99R-177) (7/12/99 - Action delayed to
47) 99R-177 Use Permit 117 - App. of South Industrial Park L.L.C.,
Security Mutual Life Insurance Co., Lincoln Public Schools,
& Gary Pickering & John Rallis to develop 529,500 sq. ft. of
industrial, office, & retail uses on property generally
located at S. 14th St. & Pine Lake Rd. (In connection
w/99R-176) (7/12/99 - Action delayed to 8/30/99)
48) 99-86 Approving the issuance & sale of not to exceed $2,000,000 of
existing parking revenue bonds to finance the Market Place
Parking Garage & authorizing the Finance Director to
prescribe terms & provisions for the issuance & repayment
of the bonds & notes & establishing related funds & accounts.
(7/19/99 - Placed on Pending - Had 1st Reading)
49) 99-71 Change of Zone 3185 - App. of the First Assembly of God
Church for a change of zone from R-2 Residential to O-3
Office Park on property generally located at the southeast
corner of 56th & "R" Sts. (7/19/99 - Placed on Pending until
8/9/99 for vote)
WITH COUNCIL APPROVAL, THE FOLLOWING RESOLUTIONS WILL HAVE
PUBLIC HEARING ON MONDAY, AUG. 2, 1999: APPROVED, 7-0
50) 99R-197 Accepting the report of new & pending tort claims against
the City & approving disposition of claims set fort therein
for the period of July 1 thru July 15, 1999.
51) 99R-198 Special Permit 1780 - App. of John Jacox for authority to
sell alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises
at 8401 W. "O" St.
52) 99R-199 Special Permit 1782 - App. of D&D Enterprises for authority
to sell alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises
at 2602 & 2608 Park Blvd.
53) 99R-200 Waiving the subdivision requirement for minimum lot depth of
120' for residential lots abutting a major street on property
generally located on the east side of S. 56th St. at Spruce
54) 99R-201 Waiving the design standard condition for the installation
of sidewalks along the south side of Royal Ct., just east
of S. 27th St., generally known as 2727 Royal
Ct., in the Admin. Final Plat. of Sysel-Pallesen Add.
55) 99R-202 Combined Use Permit/Special Permit 11D - App. of Silver
Offices, Inc. & Krueger Development Co., to amend South
Pointe Pavilions to add an early childhood care facility &
reduce the front yard setback in the office area northeast
of 32nd & Pine Lake Rd.
56) 99R-203 Approving the Appointment of Scott Frogge to the City
Personnel Board for a Five-year term expiring June 22, 2004.
ADJOURNMENT 2:37 P.M.
Hearing date of Mon., Aug. 2, 1999 at 1:30 p.m. on the Man. App. of
Lawrence Burtchaell II for Columbus Lincoln Hotel Prop LC dba Holiday
Inn at 141 N. 9th.
Hearing date of Mon., Aug. 2, 1999 at 1:30 p.m. on the App. of BCRT,
Inc. dba Coyote Willy for a Retail Class C Liquor License at 2137A
Public Hearing - 99/2000 Mayor's recommended annual operating Budget &
Capital Improvement Program FY 1999-2005 - Mon., Aug. 9, 1999, at
15) MISCELLANEOUS REFERRALS
Setting hearing date of Mon., Aug. 9, 1999 at 6:30 p.m. on the Man.
App. of Ronald R. Simpson for Grisanti, Inc. dba "Grisanti's" at 6820
"O". (ADOPTED, 7-0; A-79614)
Reports from City Treasurer of Telecomm. Occ. Tax due as follows:
June, 1999: Aliant, Claricom Networks, Frontier Comm., Equality,
Assoc. Adm., Long Distance of Michigan, Incomnet, Global Telephone,
Incom, Stormtel, Affinity Network, GST Net, Glyphics, NOSVA, LDM
Systems, NOS Comm., UniDial, RSL Com USA, UStel, Touch 1 Comm., GTC
Telecom, Network, Western Union, Global Com, Worldtel.
(PLACED ON FILE)
Report from City Treasurer of 911 Surcharge remittance for quarter
ending June 30, 1999 for quarter ending June 30, 1999 from Aliant Comm.
(PLACED ON FILE)
THE FOLLOWING WERE REFERRED TO PLANNING DEPT.:
App. of Vichol Chinsomboon for a beer & wine permit for sit in
restaurant, Great Scott's Food Court, at 3111 N.W. 12th St.
Report from City Treasurer of Cash on hand at the close of business
June 30, 1999. (PLACED ON FILE)