ACTION FROM THE REGULAR CITY COUNCIL MEETING TO BE HELD
MONDAY, AUG. 2, 1999 AT 1:30 P.M.
ALL MEMBERS PRESENT.
NOTE: REGULAR CITY COUNCIL MEETING OF AUG. 9, 1999 BEGINS AT 6:30 P.M.
PUBLIC HEARING LIQUOR LICENSES
1) Man. App. of Lawrence Burtchaell II for Columbus Lincoln
Hotel Prop LC dba Holiday Inn at 141 N. 9th.
(ADOPTED FOR APPROVAL, 7-0; A-79616.)
2) App. of BCRT, Inc. dba Coyote Willy for a Retail Class C
Liquor License at 2137A Cornhusker Hwy.
(ADOPTED FOR APPROVAL, 7-0; A-79617.)
3) Man. App. of Bonnie J. Charlesworth for BCRT, Inc. dba
Coyote Willy at 2137A Cornhusker Hwy.
(ADOPTED FOR APPROVAL, 7-0; A-79618.)
PUBLIC HEARING ORDINANCES - 2ND READING
(ITEMS 4 THRU 8 HAD PUBLIC HEARING.)
4) 99-87 Adopting pay schedules & schedules of pay ranges for
employees of the City of Lincoln, Nebraska whose
classifications are assigned to pay ranges prefixed by
the letters "E", "X", & "M".
5) 99-88 Vacating Hill St. between the Van Dorn Bypass to Park Blvd.
on the south side of Van Dorn.
6) 99-89 Change of Zone 3188 - App. of Jeffrey J. Fredrick for a
change from R-4 Residential to B-3 Commercial on property
generally located on the northeast corner of N. 27th & Starr
Sts. (PLACED ON PENDING FOR 30 DAYS, 5-2; COOK &
7) 99-90 Change of Zone 3191 - App. of Richard Svoboda for a change
from B-3 Commercial to R-5 Residential/R-C Residential
Conservation Dist. on property generally located at 17th
& Sumner Sts. (AMENDED, 7-0.)
8) 99-91 Amending Chapter 4.16 of the LMC relating to the Community
Health Endow-ment to provide for nominations by the Mayor
& City Council to the Board of Trustees with appointments
being made by the City Council & extending the original
Board appointments by one year.
PUBLIC HEARING - RESOLUTIONS
9) 99R-197 Accepting the report of new & pending tort claims against
the City & approving disposition of claims set fort therein
for the period of July 1 thru 15, 1999.
(ADOPTED, 7-0; A-79619.)
10) 99R-198 Special Permit 1780 - App. of John Jacox for authority to
sell alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises
at 8401 W. "O" St.
(ADOPTED, 7-0; A-79620.)
11) 99R-199 Special Permit 1782 - App. of D&D Enterprises for authority
to sell alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises
at 2602 & 2608 Park Blvd.
(ADOPTED, 7-0; A-79621.)
12) 99R-200 Waiving the subdivision requirement for minimum lot depth of
120' for residential lots abutting a major street on
property generally located on the east side of S. 56th St.
at Spruce St. (ADOPTED, 7-0; A-79622.)
13) 99R-201 Waiving the design standard condition for the installation
of sidewalks along the south side of Royal Ct., just east
of S. 27th St., generally known as 2727 Royal Ct., in the
Admin. Final Pplat of Sysel-Pallesen Add.
(ADOPTED, 7-0; A-79623.)
14) 99R-202 Combined Use Permit/Special Permit 11D - App. of Silver
Offices, LLC. & R.C. Krueger Development Co., to amend
SouthPointe Pavilions to add an early child-hood care
facility & reduce the front yard setback in the office area
northeast of 32nd & Pine Lake Rd.
(ADOPTED, 7-0; A-79624.)
15) 99R-203 Approving the appointment of Scott Frogge to the City
Personnel Board for a 5-yr. term expiring June 22, 2004.
(ADOPTED, 7-0; A-79625.)
PETITIONS & COMMUNICATIONS
16) THE FOLLOWING WERE REFERRED TO PLANNING DEPT.:
Change of Zone 3187 - App. of City Council for a text
amendment to LMC §27.69.045, 27.69.047, 27.69.049,
27.69.050, 27.69.070 & 27.69.075.
Change of Zone 3192 - App. of Planning Director for a change
from I-1 to P on property generally located at 25th & H St.
17) MISCELLANEOUS REFERRALS
REPORTS OF CITY OFFICERS
18) Clerk's Letter & Mayor's Approval of Ordinances &
Resolutions passed on July 19, 1999. (PLACED ON FILE)
19) Investment of Funds. (ADOPTED, 7-0; A-79627.)
20) Report from City Treasurer of Telecomm. Occ. Tax due for
June, 1999 from Shaffer Comms. & ATS Mobile Telephone.
(PLACED ON FILE)
ORDINANCES - 1ST READING - NONE
ORDINANCES - 3RD READING
21) 99-75 Annexing approx. 29.4 acres of property consisting of three
lots & the City water tower & LES substation generally
located at S. 56th St. & Union Hill Rd.
(PASSED, 7-0; #17534.)
22) 99-77 Annexing approx. 20 acres of property generally located
southwest of N. 27th St. & Interstate 80.
(PASSED, 7-0; #17535.)
23) 99-78 Annexing approx. 31 acres of property generally located in
the Waterbrook Subdivision, including the LES substation,
in the vicinity of N. 33rd St. & Folkways Blvd.
(PASSED, 7-0; #17536.)
PENDING LIST (EXTENDED ONE WEEK. SEE ITEM 42.)
24) 95-128 Change of Zone 2912 - App. of Don Fauth for a change from AG
to AGR on property generally located ½ mi. west of
Coddington at SW 27th St. & Old Cheney Rd. (10/14/96 -
Placed on Pending)
25) 97-6 Vacating that portion of 11th St. lying between the north
R-O-W line of Y St. & the northwesterly line of Burlington
Northern R.R. R-O-W in the NE¼ of Sec. 23, T10N, R6E.
(2/3/97 - Placed on Pending until receipt of money)
26) 97-66 Change of Zone 3023 - App. of the Planning Director for a
change from B-2 Planned Neighborhood Business to R-5
Residential on property generally located at 7401 Pioneers
Blvd. (6/9/97-Placed on Pending)
27) 98-52 Declaring city-owned property legally described as the
remaining portion of Lots 226-229, Ridgeview Add., except
the north 10' of said lots, generally located at N. 5th &
Adams St., as surplus & authorizing the sale thereof.
(4/6/98 - Placed on Pending)
28) 97-122 Amending §5.04.060 of the LMC to prohibit issuance of
special designated licenses for sale of liquor to the
general public in the downtown area on home football game
days. (8/25/97 - Amended; Placed on Pending)
29) 97-142 Change of Zone 3076 - App. of Dustrol, Inc. for a change
from AG Agricultural to H-4 General Commercial on property
generally located on the south side of Arbor Rd., west of
N. 56th St. (9/22/97 - Placed on Pending)
30) 98-153 Change of Zone 3141 - App. of Randy Rohlmeier for a change
from R-2 Residential to I-1 Industrial, on property
generally located at the southwest corner of N. 33rd St.
& Leighton Ave. (9/21/98 - Placed on Pending)
31) 98R-370 Approving an exception to the Guidelines & Regulations for
Driveway Design & Location requirements of vehicle stacking
for Lincoln Federal Savings at 70th & "O" Sts. (11/23/98 -
Placed on Pending for 30 days)
32) 99-23 Creating Water Dist. 1178 in W. Adams St. from NW 53rd St.
to NW 56th St. & in NW 56th St. from W. Adams St. south
approx. 550' to the south line of Airport Heights 1st Add.
(In connection w/99-24) (4/5/99 - Placed on Pending)
33) 99-24 Creating Sewer Dist. 1172 from a point located 150' south-
west of W. Kingsley & NW Michael Sts. to the south line of
Airport Heights 1st Add. located 175' west of NW 56th St.
(In connection w/99-23) (4/5/99 - Placed on Pending)
34) 98-193 Amending the corporate limits of the City by annexing one
lot & a portion of another lot generally located NW 56th &
W. Adams Sts. (In connection w/99-24) (4/5/99 - Placed on
35) 99-104 Vacating the alley immediately north of W. C St. & West of
SW 1st St. & a portion of the alley immediately south of W.
B St. between SW 1st & S. 1st St. (4/26/99 - Placed on
36) 99R-134 Approving a recommendation that the Mayor amend
Administrative Regulation #9 to allow for t he creation &
implementation of a take-home vehicle program for police
officers in targeted revitalization strategy areas.
(5/10/99 - Placed on Pending)
37) 99-58 Change of Zone 3167 - A.P.. of College View 7th Day
Adventist Church for a change from R-4 & R-6 Residential
to B-3 Commercial on property generally located at S. 49th
St. & Lowell Ave. (6/1/99 - Placed on Pending)
38) 99R-152 Authorizing acquisition of property contiguous with other
city of Lincoln property in Sarpy County east of the Platte
River. (6/28/99 - Action delayed for 3 weeks w/Pub. Hearing
on 7/19/99) (7/12/99 - To remain on Pending indefinitely)
39) 99R-176 Accepting & approving the Pre. Plat of Horizon Business
Center generally located at S. 14th St. & Pine Lake Rd.
(In connection w/99R-177) (7/12/99 - Action delayed to
40) 99R-177 Use Permit 117 - App. of South Industrial Park L.L.C.,
Security Mutual Life Insurance Co., Lincoln Public Schools,
& Gary Pickering & John Rallis to develop 529,500 sq. ft. of
industrial, office, & retail uses on property generally
located at S. 14th St. & Pine Lake Rd. (In connection
w/99R-176) (7/12/99 - Action delayed to 8/30/99)
41) 99-86 Approving the issuance & sale of not to exceed $2,000,000 of
existing parking revenue bonds to finance the Market Place
Parking Garage & authorizing the Finance Director to
prescribe terms & provisions for the issuance & repayment
of the bonds & notes & establishing related funds &
accounts. (7/19/99 - Placed on Pending - Had 1st Reading)
42) 99-71 Change of Zone 3185 - App. of the First Assembly of God
Church for a change of zone from R-2 Residential to O-3
Office Park on property generally located at the southeast
corner of 56th & "R" Sts. (7/19/99 - Placed on Pending
until 8/9/99 for vote) (REMOVED FROM PENDING TO HAVE ACTION
ONLY ON 8/9/99, 7-0.)
43) 99-82 Change of Zone 3187 - Amending Chapter 27.69 of the LMC to
amend the sign ordinance to require 800' between off-premise
signs. (7/26/99 - Placed on Pending till 2/1/2000)
ADJOURNMENT 5:10 P.M.
Hearing date of Mon., Aug. 9, 1999 at 6:30 p.m. on the Man. App. of
Rnald R Simpson for Grisanti, Inc. dba Grisanti's at 6820 "O" St.
Public Hearing - 99/2000 Mayor's recommended annual operating Budget &
Capital Improvement Program FY 1999-2005 - Mon., Aug. 9, 1999, at
Public Hearing - Aug. 9, 1999, 6:30 p.m. - One & Six Year Streets &
17) MISCELLANEOUS REFERRALS
Setting hearing date of Mon., Aug. 16, 1999 at 1:30 p.m. on the App.
of Prairie Fare, Inc. dba P.O. Pears for a Liquor Catering License at
322 S. 9th St. (ADOPTED, 7-0; A-79626.)
Reports from City Treasurer of Telecomm. Occ. Tax due as follows:
June, 1999: Telco Development Group, Working Assets Funding
Service, Coast International. (PLACED ON FILE)
Report from City Treasurer of Franchise Fees due for the quarter ending
June 30, 1999 from Timewarner Cable. (PLACED ON FILE)