ACTION From The Regular City Council Meeting Held
Monday, October 4, 1999 At 1:30 p.m.
ALL PRESENT EXCEPT SENG.
PUBLIC HEARING - RESOLUTION
1) 99R-284 Proclaiming the week of Oct. 3-9, 1999 as "Public Power
Week." (ADOPTED, 6-0; A-79764.)
PUBLIC HEARING LIQUOR LICENSES
2) App. of Geemax, Inc. dba N-Zone for a SDL covering an area
measuring 63 ½' by 108' north of the premises at 728
Q St. on Oct. 9, 1999 from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 a.m.
PUBLIC HEARING ORDINANCES -
2ND READING (ITEMS 3 THRU 5 HAD PUBLIC READING.)
3) 99-112 Amending §12.08.270 of the LMC to allow not more that
6 special liquor permits per year for Pershing Auditorium
sponsored or co-sponsored events at Pinewood Bowl in
Pioneers Park. (ACTION DELAYED FOR 2 WEEKS TO 10/18/99, 6-0.)
4) 99-113 Amending pay schedules of employees whose classifications
are assigned to the pay range prefixed by the letter "C" by
creating the job classifications of "Associate Engineering
Specialist" & "Engineering Specialist" & amending pay
schedules of employees whose classifications are assigned
to the pay range pre-fixed by the letter "A" by adding the
job classification of "Senior Engineering Specialist."
(PLACED ON PENDING, 6-0.)
5) 99-114 Amending pay schedules of employees whose classifications
are assigned to the pay range prefixed by the letter "M" by
creating the job classifications of "Associate Engineering,"
"Engineer," & "Senior Engineer." (PLACED ON PENDING, 6-0.)
PUBLIC HEARING - RESOLUTIONS
6) App. of St. Teresa Catholic Church to conduct a raffle
within the City of Lincoln from Oct. 1 to Nov. 14, 1999.
(ADOPTED, 6-0; A-79765.)
7) 99R-277 Approving the Lincoln Ballpark Proj. Interlocal Agrmt.
between the City, University of Nebraska, & the Railroad
Transportation Safety Dist. to cooperate in the development
of the Ballpark Proj. including related public & railroad
(ACTION DELAYED FOR 1 WEEK TO 10/11/99, 6-0.)
8) 99R-279 Appointing Sheryl Burbach & Larry Scherer to the Community
Forestry Advisory Board for terms expiring Aug. 17, 2002 &
Aug. 17, 2001 respectively. (ADOPTED, 6-0; A-79766.)
9) 99R-280 Reappointing Larry Rivers to the Community Forestry Advisory
Board for a 3-year term expiring Aug. 17, 2002.
(ADOPTED, 6-0; A-79767.)
10) 99R-281 Appointmenting Shawn Fitzgerald, Jon Carlson, Carl Tesch,
Francine Blithe, Jeff Schwebke, Lois Haupt & Charles Greene
to the Community Development Task Force for terms to expire
8/31/2002, except for Mr. Greene whose term will expire
8/31/2001. (ADOPTED, 6-0; A-79768.)
11) 99R-282 Reappointing of P.C. Meza to the Community Development Task
Force for a term to expire 8/31/2002.
(ADOPTED, 6-0; A-79769.)
PETITIONS & COMMUNICATIONS
12) MISCELLANEOUS REFERRALS
REPORTS OF CITY OFFICERS
13) Clerk's Letter & Mayor's Approval of Ordinances &
Resolutions passed on Sept. 20, 1999.
(PLACED ON FILE)
14) Investment of Funds. (ADOPTED, 6-0; A-79772.)
15) Reports from City Treasurer of Telecomm. Occ. Tax due as
follows: Final Report from Telegroup; Aug., 1999:
Shaffer Comms., Tri-M Comms., LDM Systems, Business Telecom,
Coast International, Affinity Network, Glyphics Comms., Long
Distance of Michigan, NOSVA Ltd., GTC Telecom, Global-com,
McLeod USA Telecomms., Worldtel Services, AT&T Comms. of the
Midwest, Aliant Celular, & Sprint Comms.
(PLACED ON FILE)
ORDINANCES - 1ST READING
(ITEMS 16 THRU 18 HAD 1ST READING.)
16) 99-115 Change of Zone 3203 - App. of Time Warner/Cablevision to
amend §27.63.225 of the LMC to add cable communications
as a public utility purpose for permit-ted special use.
17) 99-116 Change of Zone 3208- App. of the Planning Director to delete
the 50' Building Line Dist. along the north side of Pioneers
Blvd. abutting Lot 2, Brockemeyer Add., generally located at
S. 84th St. & Pioneers Blvd.
18) 99-117 Change of Zone 3181 - App. of Zane & Ethel Fairchild for a
change from AGR Agricultural Residential & R-1 Residential
to R-3 Residential on property generally located at the
southwest corner of S. 70th St. & Old Cheney Rd. (In
connection w/99R-288, 99R-290)
RESOLUTIONS - FOR COUNCIL ACTION - HAD PUBLIC HEARING
19) 99R-272 Waiving the subdivision requirement that sidewalks be
installed in the Arnold Heights Replat 4th Add. Admin.
Final Plat on property generally located at N.W. 48th St. &
W. Vosler St.
(SUB. RESO. ACCEPTED, 6-0; ADOPTED, 6-0; A-79773.)
20) 99R-273 Accepting the report of the James A. Money Tort Claim filed
against the City & approving disposition of said claim.
(9/27/99 - Vote delayed on J. Money claim to 10/4/99,
other claims Adopted.) (ADOPTED, 6-0; A-79774.)
ORDINANCES - 3RD READING
21) 99-111 Vacating the east west alley located between 8th & 9th St.
from E to D Sts. (PASSED, #17560.)
PENDING LIST (EXTENDED ONE WEEK.)
22) 95-128 Change of Zone 2912 - App. of Don Fauth for a change from
AG to AGR on property generally located ½ mi. west of
Coddington at SW 27th St. & Old Cheney Rd. (10/14/96 -
Placed on Pending)
23) 97-6 Vacating that portion of 11th St. lying between the north
R-O-W line of Y St. & the northwesterly line of Burlington
Northern R.R. R-O-W in the NE¼ of Sec. 23, T10N, R6E.
(2/3/97 - Placed on Pending until receipt of money)
24) 97-66 Change of Zone 3023 - App. of the Planning Director for a
change from B-2 Planned Neighborhood Business to R-5
Residential on property generally located at 7401
Pioneers Blvd. (6/9/97-Placed on Pending)
25) 98-52 Declaring city-owned property legally described as the
remaining portion of Lots 226-229, Ridgeview Add., except
the north 10' of said lots, generally located at N. 5th &
Adams St., as surplus & authorizing the sale thereof.
(4/6/98 - Placed on Pending)
26) 97-122 Amending §5.04.060 of the LMC to prohibit issuance of
special designated licenses for sale of liquor to the
general public in the downtown area on home football
game days. (8/25/97 - Amended; Placed on Pending)
27) 97-142 Change of Zone 3076 - App. of Dustrol, Inc. for a change
from AG Agricultural to H-4 General Commercial on property
generally located on the south side of Arbor Rd., west of
N. 56th St. (9/22/97 - Placed on Pending)
28) 98-153 Change of Zone 3141 - App. of Randy Rohlmeier for a change
from R-2 Residential to I-1 Industrial, on property
generally located at the southwest corner of N. 33rd St.
& Leighton Ave. (9/21/98 - Placed on Pending)
29) 98R-370 Approving an exception to the Guidelines & Regulations for
Driveway Design & Location requirements of vehicle stacking
for Lincoln Federal Savings at 70th & "O" Sts. (11/23/98 -
Placed on Pending for 30 days)
30) 99-23 Creating Water Dist. 1178 in W. Adams St. from NW 53rd St.
to NW 56th St. & in NW 56th St. from W. Adams St. south
approx. 550' to the south line of Airport Heights 1st Add.
(In connection w/99-24) (4/5/99 - Placed on Pending)
31) 99-24 Creating Sewer Dist. 1172 from a point located 150' southwest
of W. Kingsley & NW Michael Sts. to the south line of Airport
Heights 1st Add. located 175' west of NW 56th St. (In
connection w/99-23) (4/5/99 - Placed on Pending)
32) 98-193 Amending the corporate limits of the City by annexing one
lot & a portion of another lot generally located NW 56th &
W. Adams Sts. (In connection w/99-24) (4/5/99 - Placed
33) 99R-134 Approving a recommendation that the Mayor amend Administra-
tive Regulation #9 to allow for t he creation & implementa-
tion of a take-home vehicle program for police officers in
targeted revitalization strategy areas. (5/10/99 - Placed
34) 99-58 Change of Zone 3167 - App. of College View 7th Day Adventist
Church for a change from R-4 & R-6 Residential to B-3
Commercial on property generally located at S. 49th St.
& Lowell Ave. (6/1/99 - Placed on Pending)
35) 99R-152 Authorizing acquisition of property contiguous with other
city of Lincoln property in Sarpy County east of the Platte
River. (6/28/99 - Action delayed for 3 weeks w/Pub.
Hearing on 7/19/99) (7/12/99 - To remain on Pending
36) 99-82 Change of Zone 3187 - Amending Chapter 27.69 of the LMC to
amend the sign ordinance to require 800' between off-premise
signs. (7/26/99 - Placed on Pending till 2/1/2000)
37) 99-93 Amending the corporate limits of the City by annexing approx.
45 acres of property generally located at S. 14th St. &
Mockingbird Lane North. (8/23/99 - Placed on Pending for
38) 98-104 Vacating the alley north of W. C St. & west of SW 1st St.
(9/7/99 - 2nd Sub. Ord. Accepted. Placed on Pending)
WITH COUNCIL APPROVAL, THE FOLLOWING RESOLUTIONS WILL HAVE PUBLIC
HEARING ON MONDAY, OCTOBER 11, 1999. (APPROVED, 6-0.)
39) 99R-285 Approving an Interlocal Agrmt. between the City & Lincoln
Public Schools to provide 8 police officers as School
Resource Officers for the 99-00 school year.
40) 99R-286 Special Permit 1791 - App. of Cedars Youth Services to
develop a health care facility for 34 children or youth on
property generally located 1430 South St.
41) 99R-287 Use Permit 56E - App. of Kieffer & Co., Inc. to amend Use
Permit 56 to allow a 265.3 sq. ft. pole sign on property
generally located at the northeast corner of the
intersection of N. 27th St. & Cornhusker Hwy.
42) 99R-288 Comp. Plan Amendment 94-37 - App. of the Planning Director
to change the Land Use Plan from :Low Density Residential
to Urban Residential on property generally located at the
southwest corner of S. 70th St. & Old Cheney Rd. (In
connection w/99-117, 99R-290)
43) 99R-289 Comp. Plan Amendment 94-38 - App. of the Planning Director
to incorporate the Beal Slough Basin Stormwater Master Plan
by reference as an approved component of the Comprehensive
44) 99R-290 Accepting & approving the preliminary plat of Fairchild
Estates for nine single family lots, one lot for elderly
housing & a domiciliary care facility on property generally
located at the southwest corner of S. 70th St. & Old Cheney
Rd. (In connection w/99-117, 99R-288)
45) 99R-291 Approving an amendment to the Block 35 Compulsory Rehabili-
tation Agrmt. to adjust the responsibility for the
installation & construction of site improvements between the
City & Developer.
ADJOURNMENT 4:11 P.M.
Hearing date of Mon., Oct. 11, 1999 at 1:30 p.m. on the App. of
Maximum Impact, Inc. dba Alexandrea for a Retail Class I Liquor
License at 1033 "O" St.
Hearing date of Mon., Oct. 11, 1999 at 1:30 p.m. on the app. of D & D
Partnership, David K. Martin & Daniel J. Alberts for a Retail Class
IK Liquor License combined with Liquor Catering License at 2608 Park
Hearing date of Mon., Oct. 11, 1999 at 1:30 p.m on the app. of D & D
Partnership, David K. Martin & Daniel J. Alberts for a Retail Class I
Liquor License at 2602 Park Blvd.
Hearing date of Mon., Oct. 18, 1999 at 1:30 p.m on the app. of Ogden
Entertainment, Inc. dba Pershing Municipal Auditorium for a Liquor
Catering License at 226 Centennial Mall South.
12) MISCELLANEOUS REFERRALS
Setting hearing date of Mon., Oct. 18, 1999 at 1:30 p.m. on the
request of TTM, Inc. dba Mouse's Library for an addition to their
licensed premise at 1644 P St. (ADOPTED, 6-0; A-79770.)
Setting hearing date of Mon., Oct. 18, 1999 at 1:30 p.m. on the App.
of Thai & US Exports, Inc. dba Great Scott's Food Court for a Retail
Class J Liquor License at 3111 NW 12th St.
(ADOPTED, 6-0; A-79771.)
App. of Friends of Lied at 301 N. 12th to conduct a raffle within the
City for the period of Oct. 30, 1999 thru Jan. 15, 2000.
(HEARING DATE SET FOR MON., OCT. 11, 1999 AT 1:30 P.M.)
Reports from City Treasurer of Telecomm. Occ. Tax due for Aug., 1999
from Working Assets Funding Service & Telco Development Group.
(PLACED ON FILE)
Lincoln Water & Wastewater System Recapitulation of Daily Cash
Receipts for Sept. 1999. (PLACED ON FILE)
THE FOLLOWING WERE REFERRED TO PLANNING:
Special Permit 1795 - App. of Sprint PCS for the construction of an
80' monopole & equipment platform at 932 N. 23rd St.
Change of Zone 3211 - App. of Charles Humble for a text change to LMC
Change of Zone 3210 - App. of Interim Planning Director for a change
from R-3 to AGR on property at Coddington & W. Van Dorn.
Change of Zone 3209 - App. of Interim Planning Director for a change
from H-4 to P & I-1 to P on property at Salt Valley Rdwy. & W.
Change of Zone 3196 - App. of Interim Planning Director for a change
from B-1 to B-2, R-3 to B-2 & AGR to B-2 on property at S.
Coddington & W. Van Dorn.
Special Permit 1794 - App. of Sprint PCS to construct an 80' monopole
& equipment platform on property at 445 A St.
Special Permit 277G - App. of Sprint Spectrum L.P. to amend Pine Lake
Community Unit Plan on property at 84th & Pine Lake.
Special Permit 1802 - App. of Sprint PCS for the attachment of nine
panel antennas to an existing water tank along with the
installation of radio equipment on the ground on proeprty at
84th & Pine Lake.
Special Permit 1725A - App. of Joe & Marian Christensen to construct a
C.U.P. on property at 37th & L St.