ACTION FOR THE REGULAR CITY COUNCIL MEETING HELD
MONDAY, OCTOBER 11, 1999 AT 1:30 P.M.
ALL MEMBERS PRESENT
1) App. of Maximum Impact, Inc. dba Alexandrea for a Retail
Class I Liquor License at 1033 "O" St. (ADOPTED FOR APPROVAL
ON CONDITION THAT COMMISSION WOULD REVIEW 53-177 OF NE.
LIQUOR CONTROL ACT, 5-2; FORTENBERRY & SENG DISSENTING;
2) Man. App. of Christopher K. Holland for Maximum Impact, Inc.
dba Alexandrea at 1033 "O" St. (ADOPTED FOR APPROVAL, 7-0;
3) App. of D & D Partnership, David K. Martin & Daniel J.
Alberts for a Retail Class IK Liquor License combined with
Liquor Catering License at 2608 Park Blvd.
(ADOPTED FOR APPROVAL, 7-0; A-79777)
4) App. of D & D Partnership, David K. Martin & Daniel J.
Alberts for a Retail Class I Liquor License at 2602 Park
Blvd. (ADOPTED FOR APPROVAL, 7-0; A-79778)
PUBLIC HEARING ORDINANCES -
2ND READING (ITEMS 5 THRU 7 HAD 2ND READING)
5) 99-115 Change of Zone 3203 - App. of Time Warner/Cablevision to
amend §27.63.225 of the LMC to add cable communications
as a public utility purpose for permitted special use.
6) 99-116 Change of Zone 3208- App. of the Planning Director to delete
the 50' Building Line Dist. along the north side of Pioneers
Blvd. abutting Lot 2, Brockemeyer Add., generally located at
S. 84th St. & Pioneers Blvd.
7) 99-117 Change of Zone 3181 - App. of Zane & Ethel Fairchild for a
change from AGR Agricultural Residential & R-1 Residential
to R-3 Residential on property generally located at the
southwest corner of S. 70th St. & Old Cheney Rd. (In
connection w/99R-288, 99R-290)
PUBLIC HEARING - RESOLUTIONS
8) 99R-285 Approving an Interlocal Agrmt. between the City & Lincoln
Public Schools to provide 8 police officers as School
Resource Officers for the 99-00 school year.
(ADOPTED, 7-0; A-79779)
9) 99R-286 Special Permit 1791 - App. of Cedars Youth Services to
develop a health care facility for 34 children or youth on
property generally located 1430 South St. (DELAYED ACTION &
CONT. PUBLIC HEARING FOR 1 WEEK TO 10/18/99, 7-0)
10) 99R-287 Use Permit 56E - App. of Kieffer & Co., Inc. to amend Use
Permit 56 to allow a 265.3 sq. ft. pole sign on property
generally located at the northeast corner of the
intersection of N. 27th St. & Cornhusker Hwy. (Request to
Continue) (DELAYED ACTION & CONT. PUBLIC HEARING FOR 3
WEEKS TO 11/1/99, 7-0)
11) 99R-288 Comp. Plan Amendment 94-37 - App. of the Planning Director
to change the Land Use Plan from :Low Density Residential
to Urban Residential on property generally located at the
southwest corner of S. 70th St. & Old Cheney Rd. (In
connection w/99-117, 99R-290) (DELAYED ACTION FOR 1 WEEK TO
12) 99R-289 Comp. Plan Amendment 94-38 - App. of the Planning Director
to incorporate the Beal Slough Basin Stormwater Master Plan
by reference as an approved component of the Comprehensive
Plan. (PLACED ON PENDING, 7-0)
13) 99R-290 Accepting & approving the Pre. Plat of Fairchild Estates for
nine single family lots, one lot for elderly housing & a
domiciliary care facility on property generally located at
the southwest corner of S. 70th St. & Old Cheney Rd. (In
connection w/99-117, 99R-288)
(ACTION DELAYED FOR ONE WEEK TO 10/18/99, 7-0)
14) 99R-291 Approving an amendment to the Block 35 Compulsory Rehabili-
tation Agrmt. to adjust the responsibility for the
installation & construction of site improvements between
the City & Developer. (ADOPTED, 7-0; A-79780)
15) App. of Friends of Lied to conduct a raffle within the City
of Lincoln from Oct. 20, 1999 to Jan. 15, 2000.
(ADOPTED, 7-0; A-79781)
16) Remembering & Honoring Melvin Jones & expressing sympathy.
(ADOPTED, 7-0; A-79782)
PETITIONS & COMMUNICATIONS
17) Petition to Vacate Public Way Parcel 1: the westerly 25' of
N. 8th St. adjacent to: Lot 12, Bock 32, Orig. Lincoln, &
Lot 1, Candy Factory Sub., & the east-west alley adjacent
thereto; & Parcel 2: The Southerly 8' of Q St. adjacent to:
Lot 1, Candy Factory Sub., & Parcel 1 above submitted by B
& J Partnership. (REFERRED TO LAW DEPT.)
18) MISCELLANEOUS REFERRALS
REPORTS OF CITY OFFICERS
19) Clerk's Letter & Mayor's Approval of Ordinances &
Resolutions passed on Sept. 27, 1999. (PLACED ON FILE)
20) Investment of Funds. (ADOPTED, 7-0; A-79785)
21) Reports from City Treasurer of Telecomm. Occ. Tax due as
follows: July & Aug., 1999: Nextel West Corp.; Aug., 1999:
Excel Telecomm., LCI Inter-national Telecom, MCI Telecomms.,
Calls for Less, Eclipse Telecomms., IBM Global Services,
Trans National Comms., & Comdata Telecom. (PLACED ON FILE)
ORDINANCES - 1ST READING (ITEMS 22 THRU 24 HAD 1ST READING)
22) 99-118 Amending Chapter 9.44 of the LMC to allow the sale & use of
fireworks for the year 2000 celebration.
23) 99-119 Approving a 50-year Easement Agrmt. between the City & the
Dept. of the Army on the Ashland-Army National Guard Camp
property in Saunders County, Nebraska.
24) 99-120 Vacating the westerly 25' of N. 8th St. lying between P & Q
Sts. & the south 8' of Q St. adjacent to Lot 1, Candy
RESOLUTIONS - FOR COUNCIL ACTION - HAD PUBLIC HEARING
25) 99R-277 Approving the Lincoln Ballpark Proj. Interlocal Agrmt.
between the City, University of Nebraska, & the Railroad
Transportation Safety Dist. to cooperate in the development
of the Ballpark Proj. including related public & railroad
safety improvements. (AMENDED, 7-0; ADOPTED AS AMENDED,
ORDINANCES - 3RD READING - NONE
PENDING LIST (EXTENDED ONE WEEK. SEE ITEM NO. 28)
26) 95-128 Change of Zone 2912 - App. of Don Fauth for a change from AG
to AGR on property generally located ½ mi. west of
Coddington at SW 27th St. & Old Cheney Rd. (10/14/96 -
Placed on Pending)
27) 97-6 Vacating that portion of 11th St. lying between the north
R-O-W line of Y St. & the northwesterly line of Burlington
Northern R.R. R-O-W in the NE¼ of Sec. 23, T10N, R6E.
(2/3/97 - Placed on Pending until receipt of money)
28) 97-66 Change of Zone 3023 - App. of the Planning Director for a
change from B-2 Planned Neighborhood Business to R-5
Residential on property generally located at 7401 Pioneers
Blvd. (6/9/97-Placed on Pending) (REMOVED FROM PENDING TO
HAVE 3RD READING W/PUB. HEARING ON 10/25/99, 7-0)
29) 98-52 Declaring city-owned property legally described as the
remaining portion of Lots 226-229, Ridgeview Add., except
the north 10' of said lots, generally located at N. 5th &
Adams St., as surplus & authorizing the sale thereof.
(4/6/98 - Placed on Pending)
30) 97-122 Amending §5.04.060 of the LMC to prohibit issuance of
special designated licenses for sale of liquor to the
general public in the downtown area on home football game
days. (8/25/97 - Amended; Placed on Pending)
31) 97-142 Change of Zone 3076 - App. of Dustrol, Inc. for a change
from AG Agricultural to H-4 General Commercial on property
generally located on the south side of Arbor Rd., west of
N. 56th St. (9/22/97 - Placed on Pending)
32) 98-153 Change of Zone 3141 - App. of Randy Rohlmeier for a change
from R-2 Residential to I-1 Industrial, on property
generally located at the southwest corner of N. 33rd St. &
Leighton Ave. (9/21/98 - Placed on Pending)
33) 98R-370 Approving an exception to the Guidelines & Regulations for
Driveway Design & Location requirements of vehicle stacking
for Lincoln Federal Savings at 70th & "O" Sts. (11/23/98 -
Placed on Pending for 30 days)
34) 99-23 Creating Water Dist. 1178 in W. Adams St. from NW 53rd St.
to NW 56th St. & in NW 56th St. from W. Adams St. south a
pprox. 550' to the south line of Airport Heights 1st Add.
(In connection w/99-24) (4/5/99 - Placed on Pending)
35) 99-24 Creating Sewer Dist. 1172 from a point located 150' south-
west of W. Kingsley & NW Michael Sts. to the south line of
Airport Heights 1st Add. located 175' west of NW 56th St.
(In connection w/99-23) (4/5/99 - Placed on Pending)
36) 98-193 Amending the corporate limits of the City by annexing one
lot & a portion of another lot generally located NW 56th &
W. Adams Sts. (In connection w/99-24) (4/5/99 - Placed on
37) 99R-134 Approving a recommendation that the Mayor amend
Administrative Regulation #9 to allow for t he creation &
implementation of a take-home vehicle program for police
officers in targeted revitalization strategy areas.
(5/10/99 - Placed on Pending)
38) 99-58 Change of Zone 3167 - App. of College View 7th Day Adventist
Church for a change from R-4 & R-6 Residential to B-3
Commercial on property generally located at S. 49th St. &
Lowell Ave. (6/1/99 - Placed on Pending)
39) 99R-152 Authorizing acquisition of property contiguous with other
city of Lincoln property in Sarpy County east of the Platte
River. (6/28/99 - Action delayed for 3 weeks w/Pub. Hearing
on 7/19/99) (7/12/99 - To remain on Pending indefinitely)
40) 99-82 Change of Zone 3187 - Amending Chapter 27.69 of the LMC to
amend the sign ordinance to require 800' between off-premise
signs. (7/26/99 - Placed on Pending till 2/1/2000)
41) 99-93 Amending the corporate limits of the City by annexing approx.
45 acres of property generally located at S. 14th St. &
Mockingbird Lane North. (8/23/99 - Placed on Pending for
42) 98-104 Vacating the alley north of W. C St. & west of SW 1st St.
(9/7/99 - 2nd Sub. Ord. Accepted. Placed on Pending)
43) 99-112 Amending §12.08.270 of the LMC to allow not more that 6
special liquor permits per year for Pershing Auditorium
sponsored or co-sponsored events at Pinewood Bowl in
Pioneers Park. (10/4/99 - 3rd Reading/Action Delayed for 2
weeks to 10/18/99)
44) 99-113 Amending pay schedules of employees whose classifications
are assigned to the pay range prefixed by the letter "C" by
creating the job classifications of "Associate Engineering
Specialist" & "Engineering Specialist" & amending pay
schedules of employees whose classifications are assigned to
the pay range pre-fixed by the letter "A" by adding the job
classification of "Senior Engineering Specialist."
(10/4/99 - Placed on Pending)
45) 99-114 Amending pay schedules of employees whose classifications
are assigned to the pay range prefixed by the letter "M" by
creating the job classifications of "Associate Engineering,"
"Engineer," & "Senior Engineer." (10/4/99 - Placed on
WITH COUNCIL APPROVAL, THE FOLLOWING RESOLUTIONS WILL HAVE PUBLIC
HEARING ON MONDAY, OCTOBER 18, 1999.APPROVED, 7-0.
46) 99R-292 Ordering Sewer Dist. 1173 constructed from a point in 7th
St. located approx. 250' north of Ogden Rd. to a point in
10th St. located approx. 650' north of Superior St.
47) 99R-293 Accepting the report of new & pending tort claims against
the City & approving disposition of claims set forth therein
for the period of Sept. 16 through 30, 1999.
48) 99R-294 Approving an Interlocal Agrmt. between the City & the
Nebraska Municipal Natural Gas Regulation Act Rate Area III
for combined efforts in the regulatory review & rate hearing
application on a gas rate increase.
49) 99R-295 Approving an Addendum to the Interlocal Agrmt. between the
City & County to include the Lower Platte Natural Resources
Dist. in the Geographic Information System Advisory
ADJOURNMENT 3:35 P.M.
Hearing date of Mon., Oct. 18, 1999 at 1:30 p.m on the App. of Ogden
Entertainment, Inc. dba Pershing Municipal Auditorium for a Liquor
Catering License at 226 Centennial Mall South. (Request to delay
Pub. Hearing to 11/1/99)
Hearing date of Mon., Oct. 18, 1999 at 1:30 p.m. on the request of
TTM, Inc. dba Mouse's Library for an addition to their licensed
premise at 1644 P St.
Hearing date of Mon., Oct. 18, 1999 at 1:30 p.m. on the App. of Thai
& US Exports, Inc. dba Great Scott's Food Court for a Retail Class J
Liquor License at 3111 NW 12th St.
18) MISCELLANEOUS REFERRALS
Reports from City Treasurer of Telecomm. Occ. Tax due as follows:
Aug., 1999: Lincoln Celtelco; Sept., 1999: One Call
Communications. (PLACED ON FILE)
Report of UNL Microbiolgist for water testing for the month of Sept.,
1999. (PLACED ON FILE)
Request from Public Works for the creation of ornament lighting
districts in Stockwell St from 20th St. to 27th St., all of Bradfield
Dr., all of Manse Ave., all of Stratford Ave., & Woodsdale Area west
of 27th St. to 20th St., Van Dorn St. south to High Street.
(REFERRED TO PUBLIC WORKS)
Setting date of Mon., Oct. 25, 1999 at 6:30 p.m. on the App. of
O'Fourteen, Inc. dba "Woody's Pub" for a Retail Class "C" Liquor
License at 101 N. 14th St., #6. (ADOPTED, 7-0; A-79783)
Setting date of Mon., Oct. 25, 1999 at 6:30 p.m. on the App. of Famous
Dave's Ribs-U, Inc. dba "Famous Dave's" for a Retail Class "I" Liquor
License at 2750 Pine Lake Rd, (ADOPTED, 7-0; A-79784)
Setting hearing date of Mon., Oct. 25, 1999, at 6:30 p.m on the
Assessment cost for removal of offensive substances on the following
properties: 4419 Cleveland, 4342 Madison, 2827 "U", 815-17 Plum,
3435 "R", 4009 Everett, 4806 West Benton, 3092 "T", 621 N. 70th, 727
"C", 6421 Holdrege, 5335 Stockwell. (APPROVED, 7-0)