ACTION for the Regular City Council Meeting Held
Monday, March 20, 2000 at 1:30 p.m.
ALL MEMBERS PRESENT
PUBLIC HEARING ORDINANCES - 2ND READING
(ITEMS 1 THRU 3 HAD 2ND READING)
1) 00-59 Accepting & approving a Lease Agrmt. between the City & B & J
Partnership, Ltd. for space at 2606 Park Blvd. for a 5 yr.
term expiring Jan. 31, 2005 for use by the Lincoln Fire Dept.
for the FEMA Urban Search & Rescue Task Force Program.
2) 00-60 Approving a redevelopment agreement between the City, Village
Development, & DOT, Inc. for the development of the 27th &
Vine St. area.
3) 00-61 Vacating a portion of the southern 5 feet 6 inches of "Q"
St. between 11th & 12th St. adjacent to the previously
vacated area in Lot 1, Que Place Add.
PUBLIC HEARING - RESOLUTIONS
4) 00R-78 Accepting & approving the Pre. Plat of Meints Add. including
a waiver of the requirement that the centerline grade of
streets within the floodplain be not more than 1 ft. below
the 50 yr. frequency flood elevation, on property generally
located at 23rd & Cornhusker Hwy. (ADOPTED, 7-0; A-80075)
5) 00R-79 Renewing the Golf License Agrmt. with PGA Professional Dale
Hardy at Ager Junior Golf Course for a 2-yr. period expiring
12/1/02. (ADOPTED, 7-0; A-80076)
6) 00R-80 Renewing the Golf License Agrmt. with PGA Professional Dan
Williams at Highlands Golf Course for a 3-yr. period
expiring May 1, 2003. (ADOPTED, 7-0; A-80077)
7) 00R-81 Renewing the Golf License Agrmt. with PGA Professional John
O. Craw at Holmes Golf Course for a 3-yr. period expiring
May 1, 2003. (ADOPTED, 7-0; A-80078)
8) 00R-82 Authorizing Nader Sepahur dba Yia Yia's to occupy a portion
of the public right-of-way at 1423 "O" St. for use as a
sidewalk café. (ADOPTED, 7-0; A-80079)
9) 00R-83 Authorizing
Concord Hospitality Concord
Neighborhood, Inc. dba Applebee's to occupy a portion of the
public right-of-way at 1133 "Q" St. for use as a sidewalk
café. (AMENDED; ADOPTED, 6-0; SHOECRAFT ABSENT; A-80080)
10) 00R-84 Appointing Mary Beck & Pamela Carmichael to the Lincoln-
Lancaster Women's Commission for terms expiring 1/01/2001 &
1/01/2003 respectively. (ADOPTED, 7-0; A-80081)
11) 00R-85 Reappointing Gail Anderson to the Lincoln-Lancaster Women's
Commission for a term expiring 3/01/2003. (ADOPTED, 7-0;
12) 00R-86 Approving a Conservation Easement Agrmt. between the City &
High Pointe Inc. to protect the existing wetlands in an area
generally located at N. 27th St. & Wild Cat Dr.
(ADOPTED, 7-0; A-80083)
PETITIONS & COMMUNICATIONS
13) MISCELLANEOUS REFERRALS
Report from City Treasurer of Telecomm. Occ. tax due for the
month of Feb., 2000: McLeodUSA, Operator Comm., Trans Nat'l
Comm., Int'l., Primus, Viatel Services, Cincinnati Bell,
Int'l Exchange, Atlas Comm., One Call Comm., Western Union
Comm. (PLACED ON FILE)
Report from City Treasurer of Telecomm. Occ. Tax name
change from Destia Comm. Services to Viatel Services Inc.
(PLACED ON FILE)
REPORTS OF CITY OFFICERS
14) Clerk's Letter & Mayor's Approval of Ordinances & Resolutions
passed on Mar.6, 2000. (PLACED ON FILE)
15) Investment of Funds. (ADOPTED, 7-0; A-80084)
16) Report from City Treasurer of Cash on Hand at the close of
business on Feb. 29, 2000. (PLACED ON FILE)
ORDINANCES - 1ST READING (ITEMS 17 & 18 HAD 1ST READING)
17) 00-62 Change of Zone 3240 - Application of Virgil Eihusen for a
change from R-3 Residential to H-3 Hwy. Commercial on
property generally located at Interstate 80 west of
18) 00-63 Repealing Sec. 9.20.090 of the LMC relating to disturbing
the peace by focused picketing at religious premises.
ORDINANCES - 3RD READING
19) 00-37 Approving the transfer of appropriations in the amt. of
$5,300,000 within the Wastewater Construction Fund from
Capital Improvement Proj. Theresa St. Plant Treatment
Expansion & NE Treatment Plant Expansion to Salt
Valley Relief Sewer Improvements to complete the Salt Valley
Relief Sewer Improvements project as one total project.
(PASSED AS AMENDED, 7-0; #17639)
20) 00-58 Amending Chapter 12.08 of the LMC to provide that the
Director of Parks & Recreation may authorize a temporary
extension of park hours; allowing the operation of vehicles
during public gatherings in parks; to provide that the
Director of Parks & Recreation may authorize commercial
activity within a park; to grant a license for the use of
Pinewood Bowl or any athletic field, swimming pool or
similar recreational facility; amending the insurance amount
requirements for such licenses; & to provide that the
Director of Parks & Recreation may grant concessions upon
park property. (PASSED, 7-0; #17640)
PENDING LIST (EXTENDED ONE WEEK)
21) 95-128 Change of Zone 2912 - App. of Don Fauth for a change from AG
to AGR on property generally located ½ mi. west of
Coddington at SW 27th St. & Old Cheney Rd. (10/14/96 -
Placed on Pending)
22) 97-6 Vacating that portion of 11th St. lying between the north
R-O-W line of Y St. & the northwesterly line of Burlington
Northern R.R. R-O-W in the NE¼ of Sec. 23, T10N, R6E.
(2/3/97 - Placed on Pending until receipt of money)
23) 98-52 Declaring city-owned property legally described as the
remaining portion of Lots 226-229, Ridgeview Add., except
the north 10' of said lots, generally located at N. 5th &
Adams St., as surplus & authorizing the sale thereof.
(4/6/98 - Placed on Pending)
24) 97-122 Amending Sec. 5.04.060 of the LMC to prohibit issuance of
special designated licenses for sale of liquor to the
general public in the downtown area on home football game
days. (8/25/97 - Amended; Placed on Pending)
25) 97-66 Change of Zone 3023 - App. of the Planning Director for a
change from B-2 Planned Neighborhood Business to R-5
Residential on property generally located at 7401 Pioneers
Blvd. (11/1/99 - Placed on Pending)
26) 99R-289 Comp. Plan Amendment 94-38 - App. of the Planning Director
to incorporate the Beal Slough Basin Stormwater Master Plan
by reference as an approved component of the Comprehensive
Plan. (12/6/99 - Placed on Pending until Spring of 2000 for
cont'd Public Hearing)
27) 97-142 Change of Zone 3076 - App. of Dustrol, Inc. for a change
from AG Agricultural to H-4 General Commercial on property
generally located on the south side of Arbor Rd., west of N.
56th St. (9/22/97 - Placed on Pending)
28) 98-153 Change of Zone 3141 - App. of Randy Rohlmeier for a change
from R-2 Residential to I-1 Industrial, on property
generally located at the southwest corner of N. 33rd St. &
Leighton Ave. (9/21/98 - Placed on Pending)
29) 98R-370 Approving an exception to the Guidelines & Regulations for
Driveway Design & Location requirements of vehicle stacking
for Lincoln Federal Savings at 70th & "O" Sts. (11/23/98 -
Placed on Pending for 30 days)
30) 99R-134 Approving a recommendation that the Mayor amend Administra-
tive Regulation #9 to allow for the creation & implementation
of a take-home vehicle program for police officers in
targeted revitalization strategy areas. (5/10/99 - Placed
31) 99-58 Change of Zone 3167 - App. of College View 7th Day Adventist
Church for a change from R-4 & R-6 Residential to B-3
Commercial on property generally located at S. 49th St. &
Lowell Ave. (6/1/99 - Placed on Pending)
32) 99-93 Amending the corporate limits of the City by annexing approx.
45 acres of property generally located at S. 14th St. &
Mockingbird Lane North. (8/23/99 - Placed on Pending for
33) 98-104 Vacating the alley north of W. C St. & west of SW 1st St.
(9/7/99 - 2nd Sub. Ord. Accepted. Placed on Pending)
34) 00R-4 Amending the City's resolution on local government miscel-
laneous expenditures to clarify language; to provide for
travel approval by department directors & instituting a
requirement for directors to submit a semi-annual report
regarding travel authorizations; to provide that teams are
eligible for the Mayor's Award of Excellence; & to eliminate
references to the City's wellness program. (1/18/00 -
Placed on Pending)
35) 00-35 Amending Sec. 9.16.230 of the LMC to define "nudity", to
make it unlawful for a person to appear in any public place
in a state of nudity, & providing exceptions thereto.
(2/22/00 - Placed on Pending until a Supreme Court Case
36) 00R-64 Special Permit 1423C - App. of Dru, Guy, & David Lammle to
amend the Himark Estates C.u.P. to add land, increase the
assigned number of dwelling units from 240 to 300 multi-
family dwelling units, & to approve the site plan for the
multiple family area, on property generally located at
the northeast corner of S. 84th St. & Old Cheney Rd.
(3/13/00 - To remain on Pending)
37) 00-31 Amending Chapter 5.38 of the LMC to include condominiums for
the purpose of ensuring compliance with the minimum housing
standards. (3/6/00 - Placed on Pending)
WITH COUNCIL APPROVAL, THE FOLLOWING RESOLUTIONS WILL HAVE PUBLIC
HEARING ON MONDAY, MARCH 27, 2000. APPROVED, 7-0.
38) 00R-77 Ordering Paving Dist. 2616 constructed in 72nd St. from
Havelock Ave. to Morrill Ave.
39) 00R-87 Appointing Charles Van Rossum to the Cable Advisory Board to
fill an unexpired term expiring July 1, 2000.
40) 00R-88 Waiving the design standards requirement for the improvement
of Cornhusker Hwy. to Urban Standards & the sidewalks along
the southeastern side of Cornhusker Hwy. abutting the
proposed Admin. Final Plat of Sapp Brothers 2nd Add., on
property generally located on the southeastern side of
Cornhusker Hwy. at Russell Dr., approximately the 6000 block
of Cornhusker Hwy.
41) 00R-89 Accepting & approving the Pre. Plat of High Pointe North
Commercial Center 1st Add. on property generally located at
N. 27th St. & Wildcat Dr. for 14 commercial lots & 1 outlot.
42) 00R-90 Comp. Plan Amendment 94-40 - Amending the land use, phasing,
utility, & road network portions of the 1994 Lincoln-
Lancaster County Comprehensive Plan to reflect changes in
land use & improvements on property in the general vicinity
of N. 1st St. to N. 56th St., north of Interstate 80 & Hwy.
34 to Arbor Rd.
43) 00R-91 Comp. Plan Amendment 94-48 - Amending the Lincoln Land Use
Plan of the 1994 Lincoln-Lancaster County Comprehensive Plan
to change the designation from Commercial to Low Density
Residential on property generally located east of 70th St.,
between Hwy. 2 & Pine Lake Rd.
44) 00R-92 Accepting the report of new & pending claims against the City
& approving disposition of claims set forth therein for the
period of March 1 thru 15, 2000.
45) 00R-93 Amending Article I, Section 3(A) of the Lincoln-Lancaster
County Air Pollution Control Program Regulations & Standards
related to hearings on air pollution violations.
46) 00R-94 Reappointing Dennis Biggerstaff to the Heating, Ventilating
& Cooling Examiners Board for a 3-yr. term to expire April
ADJOURNMENT 2:12 P.M.
Mon., March 27, 2000 at 6:30 p.m. - Resolution to provide authority
to order Paving Dist. 2616 constructed being 72nd St., Havelock to
Hearing date of Mon., March 27, 2000 at 6:30 p.m. on the Man. App. of
Homer Riley for Point After, Inc. dba Point After at 1011 W. Dawes
Hearing date of Mon., March 27, 2000 at 6;30 p.m. on the App. of Lee's,
Inc. dba Lee's Restaurant for a Retail Class C Liquor License at 1940
W. Van Dorn.
2000 Agenda History