ACTION from the Regular City Council Meeting Held
Monday, May 1, 2000 at 1:30 p.m.
ALL MEMBERS PRESENT.
1) Exhibit App. of Concord Neighborhood Corp. dba Applebee's Neighbor-
(1,050K) hood Grill & Bar for a retail Class I liquor license at
1133 Q St. (ADOPTED FOR APPROVAL, 7-0; A-80151.)
2) Exhibit Man. App. of Donna M. Paulsen for Concord Neighborhood Corp.
(1,050K) dba Applebee's Neighborhood Grill & Bar at 1133 Q St.
(ADOPTED FOR APPROVAL, 7-0; A-80152.)
PUBLIC HEARING ORDINANCES -
2ND READING - NONE
PUBLIC HEARING - RESOLUTIONS
3) 00R-129 Accepting the report of new & pending claims against the City
& approving disposition of claims set forth therein for the
period of April 1 through 15, 2000. (ADOPTED, 7-0; A-80153.)
4) 00R-130 Approving an additional appropriation of $500,000 for the
pavement rehabilitation of residential streets.
(ADOPTED, 7-0; A-80154.)
5) 00R-131 Approving an Interlocal Agrmt. between the City, State, &
Lower Platte South NRD for Abatement & Control of Urban
Construction Site Erosion & Sediment.
(ADOPTED, 7-0; A-80155.)
6) 00R-132 Special Permit 1691B - App. of Hoegemeyer-Palmer
Construction, Inc. to amend the Shadow Pines 1st C.U.P. to
adjust the rear yard setbacks from 22' to 17' for Lots 5,
6, 7, & 8 & Outlot C, Block 2, Shadow Pines Add., generally
located at Shadow Pines Dr. & S. 57th St.
(ADOPTED, 7-0; A-80156.)
7) 00R-133 Special Permit 1781A - App. of Design Assocs. to amend
Northview 1st C.U.P. to adjust the rear yard setbacks on the
lots within proposed Block 3 & to adjust the lot configu-
ration on proposed Lots 10 through 13, Block 2, on
property generally located at N. 24th & Dodge Sts.
(ADOPTED, 7-0; A-80157.)
8) 00R-134 Approving a transfer of appropriations in the amt. of
$68,117 from General Fund Contingency to General Fund Urban
Development to provide matching funds for a state grant for
start up costs for a one-stop employment center related to
the Work Force Investment Act. (ADOPTED, 7-0; A-80158.)
PETITIONS & COMMUNICATIONS
9) MISCELLANEOUS REFERRALS
REPORTS OF CITY OFFICERS
10) Clerk's Letter & Mayor's Approval of Ordinances & Reso-
lutions passed on April 17, 2000. (PLACED ON FILE)
11) Investment of Funds. (ADOPTED, 7-0; A-80159.)
12) Setting hearing date of Mon., May 22, 2000, at 10:00 a.m. on
the Board of Equalization Special Assessment Group I.
(ADOPTED, 7-0; A-80160.)
13) Reports from City Treasurer of Telecomm. Occ. Tax due as
follows: Jan. - March, 2000: Asian American Assoc.; March,
2000: Nextel West Corp., Big Planet, Inc., I-Link Comms.,
Long Distance of Michigan, Association Administrators, Nosva
Ltd. Partnership, RSL Com USA, Globalcom, Network Inter-
national, Airtime SMR Inc., Sprint Comm. Co., AT&T Comms.
of the Midwest, USA Paging & Shaffer Comms. (PLACED ON FILE)
ORDINANCES - 1ST READING (ITEMS 14 THRU 18 HAD 1ST READING.)
14) 00-87 Change of Zone 3241 - App. of Pearle Finigan for a change
from AG Agricultural to AGR Agricultural Residential on
property generally located at the southwest corner of
84th St. & Waverly Rd.
15) 00-88 Change of Zone 3250 - App. of the Planning Director to amend
Chapter 27.71 of the Lincoln Municipal Code (LMC) to add a
section to the zoning ordinance to make possible a use permit
upon a premises which does not meet the minimum district
acreage requirement of the O-3 Office Park, B-2 Planned
Neighborhood Business, B-5 Planned Regional Business or I-3
Employment Center Dists.
16) 00-89 Change of Zone 68HP - App. of the Lincoln Women's Club for a
landmark designation for the Women's Club clubhouse at 407
S. 14th St.
17) 00-90 Approving a contract between the City, Lincoln Haymarket
Development Corp., Downtown Lincoln Assoc., & the University
of Nebraska-Lincoln to operate & regulate a mid-week public
market in the Marketplace area at 12th St. from Q to R St.
& R St. from 12th to 13th Sts.
(INTRODUCTION DELAYED FOR 1 WEEK TO 5/8/00, 7-0.)
18) 00-91 Amending Title 2 of the LMC relating to the Fire Dept. to
delete references to the Bureau of Fire Prevention; relating
to the duties & responsibilities of the Fire Chief to delete
the responsibility to inquire into the cause of all fires
which may occur in the City, to keep records thereof, &
repealing the section regarding the investigation of fires
in the City.
RESOLUTION - HAD PUBLIC HEARING - FOR COUNCIL ACTION ONLY
19) 00R-4 Amending the City's resolution on local government miscel-
laneous expenditures to clarify language; to provide for
travel approval by department directors & instituting a
requirement for directors to submit a semi-annual report
regarding travel authorizations; to provide that teams
are eligible for the Mayor's Award of Excellence; & to
eliminate references to the City's wellness program.
(ADOPTED, 5-2; CAMP & JOHNSON DISSENTING; A-80161.)
ORDINANCES - 3RD READING
20) 00-74 Creating Water Dist. 1179 in Plum St. from Gillespie to
approx. 350' east. (PASSED, 7-0; #17659.)
21) 00-75 Creating Alley Paving Dist. 358 in the north-south
alley between St. Paul & Madison Sts., 49th St. to 50th St.
22) 00-76 Creating Paving Dist. 2617 in 73rd St. from Cuming to
Thurston Sts. (PASSED, 7-0; #17661.)
23) 00-80 Creating Water Dist. 1180 in 33rd St. from Superior
St. north to approx. Meridian Dr. (PASSED, 7-0; #17662.)
24) 00-81 Creating Paving Dist. 2618 in 33rd St. from Superior
St. north to approx. Meridian Dr. (PASSED, 7-0; #17663.)
25) 00-83 Change of Zone 3237 - Amending Title 27 of the LMC to
require that new construction in the R-4, R-5, R-6, R-7,
& R-8 Zoning Dists. conform with Neighborhood Design
Standards; to adjust the area requirements for multi-
family dwellings in the R-5 through R-8 Zoning Dist.;
to remove the R-C Residential Conservation Dist.; to
adjust the requirements for open space in the R-5
through R-8 Zoning Dists.; & to add language to allow
up to 25% of a front facade to encroach up to 2' into the
required front yard. (In connection w/00R-127)
(PASSED, 7-0; #17664.)
26) 00R-127 Amending the Neighborhood Design Standards to make the
standards applicable to those areas zoned R-4, R-5, R-6, R-7,
& R-8 Residential Zoning Dists. which were annexed prior to
Dec. 31, 1949 & are potentially eligible for the National
Register of Historic Places & to eliminate their application
to the R-C Residential Conservation Dist. (In connection
w/00-83) (ADOPTED, 7-0; A-80162.)
27) 00-86 Approving a Lease Agrmt. between the City & B&J Partnership,
Ltd. for the relocation of Public Works & Utilities
Engineering Services at 531 Westgate Blvd.
(PASSED, 7-0; #17665.)
28) 00-73 Amending Sec. 10.14.200, 10.14.210, & 10.14.220 of the LMC
to permit U-turns at select locations when permitted by
an authorized traffic control device.
(AMENDED, 7-0; PASSED, 6-1; SHOECRAFT DISSENTING; #17666.)
PENDING LIST (EXTENDED ONE WEEK.)
29) 95-128 Change of Zone 2912 - App. of Don Fauth for a change from AG
to AGR on property generally located « mi. west of Coddington
at SW 27th St. & Old Cheney Rd. (10/14/96 - Placed on
30) 98-52 Declaring city-owned property legally described as the
remaining portion of Lots 226-229, Ridgeview Add., except
the north 10' of said lots, generally located at N. 5th &
Adams St., as surplus & authorizing the sale thereof.
(4/6/98 - Placed on Pending)
31) 97-122 Amending Sec. 5.04.060 of the LMC to prohibit issuance
of special designated licenses for sale of liquor to the
general public in the downtown area on home football game
days. (8/25/97 - Amended; Placed on Pending)
32) 99R-289 Comp. Plan Amendment 94-38 - App. of the Planning
Director to incorporate the Beal Slough Basin Stormwater
Master Plan by reference as an approved component of the
Comprehensive Plan. (12/6/99 - Placed on Pending until
Spring of 2000 for cont'd Public Hearing)
33) 97-142 Change of Zone 3076 - App. of Dustrol, Inc. for a
change from AG Agricultural to H-4 General Commercial on
property generally located on the south side of Arbor Rd.,
west of N. 56th St. (9/22/97 - Placed on Pending)
34) 98-153 Change of Zone 3141 - App. of Randy Rohlmeier for a change
from R-2 Residential to I-1 Industrial, on property
generally located at the southwest corner of N. 33rd St.
& Leighton Ave. (9/21/98 - Placed on Pending)
35) 99R-134 Approving a recommendation that the Mayor amend Admini-
strative Regulation #9 to allow for the creation &
implementation of a take-home vehicle program for police
officers in targeted revitalization strategy areas.
(5/10/99 - Placed on Pending)
36) 99-93 Amending the corporate limits of the City by annexing
approx. 45 acres of property generally located at S.
14th St. & Mockingbird Lane North. (8/23/99 - Placed
on Pending for 6 months)
37) 00-35 Amending Sec. 9.16.230 of the LMC to define "nudity", to
make it unlawful for a person to appear in any public
place in a state of nudity, & providing exceptions thereto.
(2/22/00 - Placed on Pending until a Supreme Court Case
38) 00R-64 Special Permit 1423C - App. of Dru, Guy, & David Lammle to
amend the Himark Estates C.u.P. to add land, increase
the assigned number of dwelling units from 240 to 300
multi-family dwelling units, & to approve the site plan
for the multiple family area, on property generally
located at the northeast corner of S. 84th St. & Old
Cheney Rd. (3/13/00 - To remain on Pending)
39) 00-31 Amending Chapter 5.38 of the LMC to include condominiums for
the purpose of ensuring compliance with the minimum
housing standards. (3/6/00 - Placed on Pending)
40) 00-65 Change of Zone 3196 - App. of the Interim Planning Director
for a change from B-1 Local Business & R-3 Residential
to B-2 Planned Neighborhood Business & from R-3
Residential to AGR Agricultural Residential, on
property generally located at S. Coddington Ave. &
W. Van Dorn St. (In connection w/00-67) (4/17/00
- Placed on Pending)
41) 00-67 Change of Zone 3247 - App. of the Interim Planning Director
for a change from AGR Agricultural Residential &
R-3 Residential to B-2 Planned Neighborhood Business,
on property generally located on the southwest corner
of S. Coddington Ave. & W. Van Dorn St. (In
connection w/00-65) (4/17/00 - Placed on Pending)
42) 00-72 Change of Zone 3245 - App. of Manette Kidney for a change
from AG Agricultural to O-2 Suburban Office on
property generally located at S. 84th St. & Old
Cheney Rd. (4/24/00 - Reconsidered & Placed on
43) 00R-126 Approving & supporting the Report & Recommendations of
the Lancaster County Medical Society contained in the
document entitled "Independent Medical Oversight for
Pre-Hospital Medical Care" which recommends an
emergency & non-emergency medical system for the City.
(4/24/00 - Placed on Pending until a Provider is picked)
WITH COUNCIL APPROVAL, THE FOLLOWING RESOLUTIONS WILL HAVE
PUBLIC HEARING ON MONDAY, MAY 8, 2000:(APPROVED, 7-0.)
44) 00R-135 Appointing Susan Rodenburg to the Parks & Recreation
Advisory Board for a 3-yr. term expiring April 27, 2003.
45) 00R-136 Reappointing Joseph K. Ballard to the Parks & Recreation
Advisory Board for a 3-yr. term expiring April 27, 2003.
46) 00R-137 Approving the annual plan pursuant to the Interlocal
Agreement between the City & Lancaster County to provide
for weed control & weed abatement within the City.
47) 00R-138 Special Permit 1825 - App. of KK&G, Inc. to develop
Prairie View Estates Community Unit Plan consisting of 16
single-family unattached dwelling units, 6 attached 2-
family dwelling units, & 2 attached 3-family dwelling
units with open space for a recreation facility & private
roadways on property generally located at S.W. 10th St. & W.
"A" St. (In connection w/00R-139)
48) 00R-139 Accepting & approving the Pre. Plat of Prairie View Estate,
including a waiver of the sidewalk requirement, on property
generally located at S.W. 10th St. & W. "A" St. (In
49) 00R-140 Approving a requested transfer of the cable television
franchise from a subsidiary of Time Warner Inc. to AOL
Time Warner Inc.
(INTRODUCTION DELAYED 1 WEEK TO 5/8/00, 7-0.)
50) 00R-141 Appointing Curt Crandall, Jeanne Ernst, Paula Eurek, Tracy
Gordon, Marcie Hagerty, Sue Hinrichs, Jodi Johnson, Dan
Navratil, Lori Palensky, Hollis Alexander-Ramsey, Bill
Ross, Jennifer Dam-Sheuchuk, Laurie Sutter, Deanna Turner,
& Judy Zabel to the Child Care Advisory Committee for 2-yr.
terms expiring April 30, 2002.
ADJOURNMENT 3:00 P.M.
Hearing date of Mon., May 8, 2000 at 1:30 p.m. on the Man. App.
of Shelly Lawson for Whitehead Oil Co. dba U-Stop Convenience Shop
at 240 N. 17th.
Hearing date of Mon., May 8, 2000 at 1:30 p.m. on the App. of
Cutch, Inc. dba Bum Steer or a Liquor Catering License at 6440
Hearing date of Mon., May 8, 2000 at 1:30 p.m. on the request of
Namreh, Inc. dba D & D Distributor for an addition on their
licensed premise at 5840 N. 70th St.
Hearing date of Mon., May, 2000 at 1:30 p.m. on the App. of
Biagio's Inc. dba Biagio's for a Retail Class I Liquor License
at 500 Sun Valley Blvd.
2000 Agenda History