ACTION FROM THE REGULAR CITY COUNCIL MEETING HELD
MONDAY, JUNE 12, 2000 AT 1:30 P.M.
ALL MEMBERS PRESENT.
1) Exhibit App. of B & R Stores, Inc. dba Super Saver for a
345K Liquor Catering License at 233 N. 48th St.
(ADOPTED FOR APPROVAL, 7-0; A-80227.)
2) Exhibit App. of Garden Enterprises II LLC dba Garden Cafe &
3,379K Bakery for a Retail Class I Liquor License at 5100
N. 27th St. (ADOPTED FOR APPROVAL, 7-0; A-80228.)
3) Exhibit Man. App. of Sean Stevens for Garden Enterprises II
3,379K LLC dba Garden Cafe & Bakery at 5100 N. 27th St.
(ADOPTED FOR APPROVAL, 7-0; A-80229.)
4) Exhibit App. of Garden Enterprises II LLC dba Garden Cafe &
3,379K Bakery for a Retail Class C Liquor License at 6891 A St.
(ADOPTED FOR APPROVAL, 7-0; A-80230.)
5) Exhibit Man. App. of Sean Stevens for Garden Enterprises II
3,379K LLC dba Garden Cafe & Bakery at 6891 A St.
(ADOPTED FOR APPROVAL, 7-0; A-80231.)
ORDINANCES - 2ND READING - NONE
ORDINANCES - 3RD READING
6) 00-100 Amending Title 5 of the LMC by adding a new Chapter
5.17 pertaining to telecommunications providers
using the City's rights-of-way to establish
definitions, standards, & permit fees for the use of
rights-of-way; to provide for insurance, bonding, &
construction standards for telecommunications
facilities located in rights-of-way; to establish
procedures for reviews of decisions regarding
telecommunications facilities; & to provide for
enforcement of this ordinance. (6/5/00 - Cont'd 3rd
Reading w/Pub. Hearing on Ord. & Amendments to
6/12/00) (PLACED ON PENDING, 7-0.)
PUBLIC HEARING - RESOLUTIONS
7) 00R-156 Accepting the report of new & pending claims against
the City & approving disposition of claims set forth
therein for the period of May 16-31, 2000.
(ADOPTED, 7-0; A-80232.)
PETITIONS & COMMUNICATIONS
8) MISCELLANEOUS REFERRALS
UNL Microbiologist Report of water tested for the
month of May, 2000. (PLACED ON FILE)
Reports from City Treasurer of Telecomms. Occ. Tax
due for the month of April, 2000 from Global
Crossing Telecomms. & MCI Telecomms. (PLACED ON FILE)
Two Formal Paving Petitions for Paving Dist. 2617 in
73rd St., Cuming to Thurston, submitted by C. Maya
McCarron & Sheryl Teslow. (REFERRED TO PUBLIC WORKS)
Petition to Vacate Public Way in W. Pine Lake Rd.
abutting Lazy Acres Subdivision submitted by Roger &
Dorothy Schmidt. (REFERRED TO LAW DEPT.)
Petition to Vacate Public Way in S. 16th St. from
the south line of Outlot "D", Vavrina Meadows Add.
to the south line of said addition submitted by R.
C. Krueger Development Co. (REFERRED TO LAW DEPT.)
REPORTS OF CITY OFFICERS
9) Clerk's Letter & Mayor's Approval of Ordinances &
Resolutions passed on May 30, 2000. (PLACED ON FILE)
10) Investment of Funds. (ADOPTED, 7-0; A-80233.)
ORDINANCES - 1ST READING
11) 00-110 Creating Alley Paving Dist. in
the east/west alley from 14th St. to Centennial
Mall, between P & Q Sts.
12) 00-111 Renaming "Wildflower Dr." located in the Northridge
Heights 6th & 7th Adds. as "Cornflower Dr.", &
renaming "Cypress Ln." located in Northridge Heights
6th Add. as "Watercress Ln.."
13) 00-112 Vacating Timothy Ct. east of N. 24th St. between
Superior St. & Dodge St.
14) 00-113 Vacating Lots 36, 37, 38, & 39, Block 1, Northridge
Heights 6th Add., & Outlot A, Northridge Heights 7th
Add., generally located at Prairieview Dr. & N. 34th
15) 00-114 Change of Zone 3257 - App. of the Planning Director
for a change from P Public to I-1 Industrial on
property generally located at 6th & the Burlington
ORDINANCES - 3RD READING
16) 00-101 Adopting a revised Employee's Retirement Plan to
eliminate outdated, obsolete language; to change
provisions regarding employee contributions; to
provide for pre-tax contributions; to change the
vesting schedule; to eliminate provisions relating
to forfeitures of City contributions; to change
provisions regarding re-participation in the
retirement plan after a break in service with the
City; & to change provisions relating to early
retirement. (AMENDED, 7-0; SUBSTITUTE AGRMT.
ACCEPTED, 7-0; PASSED, 6-1; CAMP DISSENTING; #17685.)
PENDING LIST - (EXTENDED ONE WEEK. SEE ITEM 30.)
17) 95-128 Change of Zone 2912 - App. of Don Fauth for a change
from AG to AGR on property generally located ½
mi. west of Coddington at SW 27th St. & Old Cheney
Rd. (10/14/96 - Placed on Pending)
18) 98-52 Declaring city-owned property legally described
as the remaining portion of Lots 226-229,
Ridgeview Add., except the north 10' of said
lots, generally located at N. 5th & Adams St.,
as surplus & authorizing the sale thereof.
(4/6/98 - Placed on Pending)
19) 97-122 Amending Sec. 5.04.060 of the LMC to prohibit
issuance of special desig-nated licenses for sale
of liquor to the general public in the downtown area
on home football game days. (8/25/97 - Amended;
Placed on Pending)
20) 97-142 Change of Zone 3076 - App. of Dustrol, Inc. for a
change from AG Agricultural to H-4 General
Commercial on property generally located on the
south side of Arbor Rd., west of N. 56th St.
(9/22/97 - Placed on Pending)
21) 98-153 Change of Zone 3141 - App. of Randy Rohlmeier for a
change from R-2 Residential to I-1 Industrial, on
property generally located at the southwest corner
of N. 33rd St. & Leighton Ave. (9/21/98 - Placed on
22) 99R-134 Approving a recommendation that the Mayor amend
Administrative Regulation #9 to allow for the
creation & implementation of a take-home vehicle
program for police officers in targeted
revitalization strategy areas. (5/10/99 - Placed on
23) 99-93 Amending the corporate limits of the City by
annexing approx. 45 acres of property generally
located at S. 14th St. & Mockingbird Lane
North. (8/23/99 - Placed on Pending for 6
24) 00-35 Amending Section 9.16.230 of the LMC to define
"nudity", to make it unlawful for a person to
appear in any public place in a state of
nudity, & providing exceptions thereto.
(2/22/00 - Placed on Pending until a Supreme
Court Case Decision)
25) 00R-64 Special Permit 1423C - App. of Dru, Guy, & David
Lammle to amend the Himark Estates C.U.P. to add
land, increase the assigned number of dwelling units
from 240 to 300 multi-family dwelling units, & to
approve the site plan for the multiple family area,
on property generally located at the northeast
corner of S. 84th St. & Old Cheney Rd. (3/13/00 - To
remain on Pending)
26) 00-31 Amending Chapter 5.38 of the LMC to include
condominiums for the purpose of ensuring
compliance with the minimum housing standards.
(3/6/00 - Placed on Pending)
27) 00-65 Change of Zone 3196 - App. of the Interim
Planning Director for a change from B-1 Local
Business & R-3 Residential to B-2 Planned
Neighborhood Business & from R-3 Residential to
AGR Agricultural Residential, on property
generally located at S. Coddington Ave. & W.
Van Dorn St. (In connection w/00-67) (4/17/00
- Placed on Pending)
28) 00-67 Change of Zone 3247 - App. of the Interim
Planning Director for a change from AGR
Agricultural Residential & R-3 Residential to
B-2 Planned Neighborhood Business, on property
generally located on the southwest corner of S.
Coddington Ave. & W. Van Dorn St. (In
connection w/00-65) (4/17/00 - Placed on
29) 00-72 Change of Zone 3245 - App. of Manette Kidney
for a change from AG Agricultural to O-2
Suburban Office on property generally located
at S. 84th St. & Old Cheney Rd. (4/24/00 -
Reconsidered & Placed on Pending)
30) 00R-126 Approving & supporting the Report & Recommendations
of the Lancaster County Medical Society contained in
the document entitled "Independent Medical
Oversight for Pre-Hospital Medical Care" which
recommends an emergency & non-emergency medical
system for the City. (4/24/00 - Placed on Pending
until a Provider is picked) (MOTION TO REMOVE FROM
PENDING FOR ACTION ON 6/19/00 LOST, 3-4; CAMP,
FORTENBERRY & JOHNSON ASSENTING.)
31) 00R-140 Approving or denying a requested transfer of the
cable television franchise from a subsidiary of Time
Warner Inc. to AOL Time Warner Inc. 5/15/00 - Placed
on Pending - scheduled for Public Hearing when
removed from Pending)
32) 00-99 Change of Zone 3251 - Amending Secs. 27.58.010
& 27.58.020 of the Lincoln Municipal Code (LMC)
to amend the reference from "Compre-hensive
Plan figure 21" to "Official Zoning Map of the
City of Lincoln." (5/30/00 - Placed on Pending)
33) 00-106 Creating Sewer Dist. 1174 in Old Dairy Rd. from 27th
St. west approx. 600'. (5/30/00 - Placed on
WITH COUNCIL APPROVAL, THE FOLLOWING RESOLUTIONS WILL HAVE
PUBLIC HEARING ON MONDAY, JUNE 19, 2000: (APPROVED, 7-0.)
34) 00R-157 Appointing Gil Trevizo to the Citizen Police
Advisory Board to fill an unexpired term expiring
Nov. 17, 2000.
35) 00R-158 Appointing Amir Azimi to the Multicultural Advisory
Committee to fill an unexpired term expiring Sept.
36) 00R-159 Approving an agreement between the City & the State
of Nebraska Department of Roads for the replacement
of the Charleston St. Bridge over Salt Creek.
37) 00R-160 Special Permit 1838 - App. of the Disabled American
Veterans Chapter #7 to permit the sale of alcoholic
beverages for consumption on the premises on
property generally located at 3901 N. 70th St.
38) 00R-162 Declaring the area generally bounded by N St. on the
south, N. 26th St. on the west, X St. on the north,
& N. 27th St. on the east, as blighted &
39) 00R-163 Approving an agreement between the City & the
Nebraska State Historical Society to allow for the
sublease of approx. 26,000 sq. ft. of space at the
Lincoln Children's Museum located at 1420 P St. for
use by the State Historical Society.
40) 00R-164 Appointing Wayne Heyen to the Air Pollution Control
Advisory Board to fill an unexpired term expiring
Sept. 1, 2000.
41) 00R-165 Reappointing Francene Blythe to the Lincoln Housing
Authority Board for a 5-year term expiring July 1,
42) 00R-166 Appointing Dr. Greg Kallos to the Lincoln-Lancaster
County Commission on Aging Advisory Board for a 3-
yr. term expiring July 1, 2003.
43) 00R-167 Reappointing Mary Kyckelhahn, Barry Moore, & Bonnie
Armstrong to the Lincoln-Lancaster County Commission
on Aging Advisory Board for 3-yr. terms expiring
July 1, 2003.
ANY PERSON DESIRING TO HAVE THEIR NAME & SUBJECT MATTER LISTED ON THE
FORMAL AGENDA PERTAINING TO MATTERS NOT ON THE CURRENT AGENDA, OR
NOT SCHEDULED TO APPEAR ON A FUTURE AGENDA, SHOULD NOTIFY THE CITY
CLERK BY 10:00 A..M. THE WEDNESDAY (6/14/00) PRIOR TO THE
NEXT FORMAL CITY COUNCIL MEETING (6/19/00).
ANYONE WISHING TO ADDRESS THE COUNCIL ON A MATTER NOT ON THIS
AGENDA, OR NOT SCHEDULED TO APPEAR ON A FUTURE AGENDA, MAY DO
SO AT THIS TIME.
SHOW CAUSE HEARING - Mon., June 19, 2000 at 1:30 p.m.
City Council Meeting regarding the use of property at 1301
H St. not in compliance with the terms & conditions of
Special Permit 1165A.
Hearing date of Mon., June 26, 2000, at 5:30 p.m. on the
applications for Certificate of Public Convenience and
Necessity to operate an ambulance service within the City of
2000 Agenda History