Frequently Asked Questions|
If you have a question, please call us at 402-441-7515
- Where is the City Council Located?
- The County-City Building, 555 South 10 Street, Rm 111.
- Where are the Hearings Held?
- The County-City Building, 555 South 10 Street, Rm 112 (Council Chambers)
- When are the Council Hearings?
- The City Council meets in the County-City Building each Monday at
1:30 p.m. with two exceptions: One, meetings are held at 5:30 p.m.
on the last Monday of each month to offer one nighttime meeting per month
for the convenience of the public; the other is when a holiday falls on a
Monday - there is no meeting held that week.
- Can the public take part in the Council meetings?
- Yes. Council meetings are open to the public. Anyone wishing to bring a
matter before Council may do so by appearing at the meeting or by
correspondence. Citizens may appear before Council to speak on items
scheduled for public hearings. Time is allotted at the end of the meetings
held on the 2nd and last Mondays of each month for citizens to bring other
matters to the attention of Council. Any persons desiring to have their name
and subject matter listed on the Formal Agenda, pertaining to matters not
on the current agenda, nor scheduled to appear on a future agenda, should
notify the City Clerk by 10:00 a.m. the Wednesday prior to the next formal
City Council Meeting.