Missions and Goals
The Finance Department will continually improve and enhance our position as
a trusted and respected provider of services, information, analysis, and
recommendations to our customers who are the elected officials,
departments, and ultimately, the citizens of Lincoln and Lancaster County.
We will operate in an environment where:
- Each employee is encouraged to develop to their fullest potential,
and is expected to embrace a commitment to quality performance.
- New technology and new techniques are combined with common sense
and basic fairness.
- Communication, cooperation, and mutual respect in all of our
our customers and each other enhances our ability to excel.
- We work in partnership with our customers to understand their
objectives and earn their confidence and respect.
The Finance Department is primarily a service provider to the other
departments within a City and County government and to citizens. While the
use of technology is an important part of how we deliver our services, the
foundation of the department is our employees and their commitment to
Our mission is to :
- Increase the knowledge, skills, and abilities of the department's
- Improve the ability of our customers to use our services through
the use of information, training, and education.
- Encourage innovation as a means to improve service and recognize
risk taking as an appropriate avenue to achieve quality.
- Protect and enhance the fiscal position of the City.
- Facilitate the organization and distribution of accurate and
appropriate information to decision makers.
- Ensure compliance with established legal and policy requirements.
- Provide information processing services and equipment that allows
departments and their employees to be more efficient and effective in the
delivery of their services to the citizens.
- Provide effective insurance, self-insurance, loss control and
claims administration programs.
- Provide high-quality reliable radio communications for City and
- Effectively administer the procurement cycle for goods and
services on behalf of our customers.
- Respect each other and our customers, and judge ourselves and our
actions against a standard of fairness, objectivity, honesty, and
- Ensure the safekeeping of City records.