City of Lincoln
Establish the Purchasing Division as the central, automated procurement source for all City and County agencies to ensure the appropriate, cost-effective acquisition, distribution, and disposal of all goods and services for our clients.
To effectively administer the complete procurement cycle of all goods and services on behalf of our clients from the initial needs determination and purchasing process, through evaluation, delivery, implementation, and final disposition of the goods or conclusion of the contracts according to Local, State, and Federal requirements.
- Provide, at the time and place needed, in the proper quantity and of the proper quality all materials, supplies, tools, and services required for the City's, County's and Building Commission's operations.
- Secure such materials, supplies, tools and services at the lowest possible cost, consistent with prevailing economic conditions, while establishing and maintaining a reputation of fairness and integrity.
- Furnish management with timely information and to advise them concerning market conditions and trends which could affect the future availability and price of any needed materials, supplies, tools or services.
- Protect and preserve all materials which are being held in storage to meet future requirements.
- Provide all traffic and transportation services necessary for the accomplishment of the above duties.
- Obtain the greatest possible revenue from the disposal of by-products and of surplus, damaged, or obsolete materials and equipment.
- Encourage the procurement and use of recycled products.
- Promote a safe work environment.
- Pursue emerging technology.
- Facilitate interaction and communications between the Purchasing Division and our clients.