City of Lincoln
Parking Ticket Payment
Current credit / debit card options include Discover, MasterCard and Visa. There is no e-processing fee.
Please enter your Parking Ticket Number or License Plate Number.
Vehicles with parking tickets fifteen working days old or older are
subject to tow until payment is posted in the Violations Bureau's Office.
Questions & Answers
- Q. When can a vehicle be towed?
- A. Vehicles that have one parking ticket 15 working days old or older are subject to be towed.
- Q. How long do you have to pay parking tickets?
- A. You have fifteen working days from the issue date of the ticket to take care of the ticket.
- Q. Do I have to enter my county number if my plate does not have one?
- A. No. Only enter a county number if your plate shows one.
- Q. Can any parking ticket be paid through the web?
- A. You may pay for any ticket as long as the vehicle is not towed.
- Q. What if I find a vehicle that shows a "Stolen or Wanted Vehicle" message?
- A. Report it to the police by using the Police Non-Emergency Number: 402-441-7204
- Q. How can a ticket be disputed?
- A. To dispute a ticket, go to the City Attorney's Office located in the
County/City Building, 555 South 10th, 3rd floor, Lincoln, NE 68508. Please
bring the ticket with you. If you no longer have the ticket, please
obtain a copy from the Violations Bureau prior to going to the City
Attorney's Office. Within ten days, you may also mail the ticket along
with a letter describing your dispute. You must include your full name,
address, and telephone number, so that we can respond to you.
- Q. When do parking meters have to be plugged?
- A. Parking meters have to be plugged Monday thru Saturday, 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Meters do not have to be plugged Sundays, New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
- Q. Where can I find the city's parking ordinances?
- A. You can view them in Title 10 (Vehicles and Traffic) of the Lincoln Municipal Code.
- Other questions regarding parking tickets, please contact the Violations Bureau at 402-441-7277, Monday thru
Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Our fax number is 402-441-8325.