What are the dates for the next LFR hiring opportunity?
The City County Personnel Department will be accepting applications for Firefighter Trainee and Firefighter/Paramedic Trainee TBA .
Previous years applications do not count towards this years process. Please reapply.
Click here to sign up to be notified via e-mail when recruitment for Firefighter Trainee or Firefighter/Paramedic Trainee begins (select Fire & EMS category). Then click on "eNotification".
The written test is tentatively scheduled for TBA at the Cornhusker Hotel.
The ability test will tentatively be TBA, location to be announced, for those who qualify.
The first round of oral interviews will be scheduled for those who qualify on TBA. Second round of interviews will be scheduled for those who qualify on TBA.
If you have any questions, please phone the City/County
Personnel Department, Employment Office at (402) 441-7597 or send an e-mail to:
email@example.com and someone will be happy to help you.
How should I prepare to be a Firefighter or Firefighter/Paramedic?
- Find out as much as you can about Lincoln Fire & Rescue. What do they do? What are the minimum requirements? Talk to firefighters about their job and training.
- Prepare yourself physically. For example, run, stretch, lift weights, carry things up and down stairs, and practice the physical ability test. Push yourself so you are prepared.
- Prepare yourself for the interviews. Practice interviews. Be prepared to answer questions about yourself, your education, and your past experience/jobs.
- Do volunteer work, such as with the Red Cross First Aid Team, at community centers, schools, volunteer fire departments, athletic teams, etc. Play on athletic teams. Any activitiy you do is a plus.
- Increase your education...in any field. Post high school education in fire science, a current EMT License, Fire Fighter I Certification, or a National Paramedic Certification is desired.