Health Promotion & Outreach Overview
The Health Promotion and Outreach Division is committed to enriching the lives of all people so that individuals have the knowledge and support they need to assume responsibility for their own health.
We promote the practice of healthy behaviors. We accomplish this by providing educational information and referral services on:
- healthy eating choices
- moving more - even moderate exercise
- stopping or not starting tobacco use
- safe walking and bicycling in your neighborhood and community
- creating healthier employees
- car seat check events for safe transportation of children
Our trained staff works with schools, community groups, other City/County Departments, hospitals, and businesses/organizations within Lincoln and Lancaster County.
Please visit our program pages for additional information.