Community Health Assessment (MAPP) Information
As one of our public health functions the Lincoln-Lancaster County Health Department routinely assesses the health status in the community. We do so to analyze trends, inform and educate ourselves and our partners, target services and evaluate the progress of our many programs.
In addition to this ongoing, routine assessment, every three to five-years we engage in a much broader community health assessment. The last time we conducted a comprehensive community health assessment utilizing the MAPP (Mobilizing for Action through Planning and Partnerships) model from the National Association of City and County Health Organizations (NACCHO) was in 2010-2011. Currently, the Health Department is once again engaging our partners and the community in a macro look at health status and related issues in Lincoln and Lancaster County. We have started the process by convening a committee composed of members who are representative of the community to help us assess the current health of the community, strategize and set priorities for improving outcomes over the next three to five years. The diagram shown below is a schematic representation of the steps involved.
The MAPP model or approach is available here.
While the LLCHD is conducting the community health assessment we are utilizing this portal to share information with the committees and anyone else who is interested in the material and progress made in the assessment. The information on this page will include meeting materials, links to data sources, survey information as well as links to related documents.
- Community Health Profile
- October 15, 2015 Meeting PowerPoint PDF
- August 27, 2015 Meeting PowerPoint PDF
- July 16, 2015 Meeting PowerPoint PDF
- June 25, 2015 Meeting PowerPoint PDF
- April 23, 2015 Meeting PowerPoint PDF
- May 21, 2015 Meeting PowerPoint PDF
- MAPP Vision, Vision Priorities and Guiding Principles PDF
- Survey Monkey survey for public comment on the MAPP page.
- Community Public Health System Survey
- County Health Rankings
- Vital Statistics Portal
- Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance Portal
- Youth Risk Behavior Portal
- BRFSS 2011-2013 LLCHD Detailed Table
- Lancaster County Community Health Improvement Plan 2015
- Lancaster County Community Health Improvement Plan 2013