Tobacco Prevention & Education
Hours and Location
- Office Hours
- Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- 3140 N St, 2nd Floor, Lincoln, Nebraska 68510
Please call for more information.
- Each year, around 2,500 Nebraskans die from a smoking-related illness.
- Annual medical costs in Nebraska attributed to smoking, is approximately $795 million dollars.
- Approximately 1,000 Nebraska kids each year become regular smokers.
Our program goals are to keep children from starting to use tobacco and promote tobacco-free environments. Our efforts include providing school and community tobacco education programs, promoting tobacco-free environments, offering tools to assist in quitting tobacco use, and monitoring compliance of laws regulating tobacco sales and laws prohibiting indoor smoking. If you wish to report a smoking violation, please call 402-441-8094.
Established partnerships throughout the community allow us to
- educate youth in school classrooms and community centers
- create peer-to-peer youth tobacco prevention awareness campaigns
- assist businesses in establishing tobacco-free campus policies
- assist renters in locating smoke-free housing map
- perform inspections on retailers to monitor compliance with tobacco sales laws
- provide information to assist residents with their desire to quit using tobacco
Tobacco Free Lancaster County
The Lincoln-Lancaster County Health Department's Tobacco Prevention and Education program works with the Tobacco Free Lancaster County coalition to promote the following objectives for Lancaster County:
- Preventing and reducing tobacco use among youth and adults
- Eliminating the public's exposure to secondhand smoke
- Ensuring all populations have access to tobacco prevention information and services
- Promoting tobacco use cessation among youth and adults
Play Tobacco Free at Lincoln Parks
Tobacco Surveys and Statistics
- Lancaster County Tobacco Prevention Highlights
- Data and Trends on Tobacco Use in Nebraska
- Lincoln Smoking Regulation Act (LSRA)
- Nebraska Clean Indoor Air Act – 2009