Health & Fitness
Health & Fitness Programs
Health & Fitness Center
233 S. 10th St., Suite 101
Lincoln, NE 68508
Senior Health Promotional Center
1005 "O" St., Lower Level
Lincoln, NE 68508
Aging Partners began providing health promotion services to adults 55+ in Lincoln
and Lancaster County in 1984. Multi-county expansion in 1997 increased service to include Butler, Fillmore, Polk, Saline, Seward and York counties. Health assessments, group and individual health screenings, health education classes and physical activity programs are offered.
The Health & Fitness program focus is on disease and injury prevention. Individuals are encouraged to take measures that decrease risk, promote optimum health and encourage independent living.
- To provide services and education designed to empower older adults to make healthier lifestyle choices and become more active partners with health care providers to achieve optimum health.
- To promote a positive image of older adults and healthy aging in the community.
- To reduce barriers to participation in Health & Fitness sponsored activities in an effort to reach residents of all cultures and socio-economic groups.
- To maximize the utilization of program and community resources.
- To assure that programming continues to be responsive to changing community needs and interests.
Core Program Components
A variety of individual and group screenings are offered to provide participants with knowledge of personal health risks and information about things they can do to lower risks and optimize Health.
Group health screenings include:
- Bone density
- Blood pressure
- Comprehensive foot care
- Ear wax removal
- Medication safety checks
Physical Activity Programs
Research continues to document the positive impact of physical activity on mental and physical health. Older adults in particular are known to benefit from regular participation in exercise. Assisting individuals in their efforts to increase their level of physical activity has been a priority for Health & Fitness since 1984.
- Strength training
- Stretch and tone
- Tai Chi
- Certified Personal Trainers
- Health & Fitness Center
- Fitness Programs on 5 City-TV
Health Education Programs
Health & Fitness staff is available to conduct 30 - 60 minute health education programs for community, church and social groups. They are committed to assisting people improve and maintain their health through increased knowledge and awareness. A variety of programs have been developed in the following general areas:
- Illness and injury prevention
- Physical activity
- Mental wellness
For information on hospice:
Four Corners (Serving Butler, Polk, Seward and York Counties)
Lincoln Lancaster County Health Department
Nebraska Living Well
Public Health Solutions (Serving Fillmore, Gage, Jefferson, Saline and Thayer Counties)
Three Rivers (Serving Dodge, Saunders and Washington Counties)