Saline County Aging ServicesShow Map
- 109 W. 3rd St., P.O. Box 812 Wilber, NE 68465
- 402-821-3330 or 800-778-3309
- Operating Hours
- Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. to noon and 1 to 4 p.m.
- Closed on recognized County holidays and inclement weather.
DeWitt Senior CenterShow Map
- 202 E. Fillmore Ave., P.O. Box 185, DeWitt, NE 68341
Saline County Aging Services is committed to enriching the lives of pre-retirement and "new retiree" residents (age 60 and over) who need assistance navigating Social Security and Medicare. Our programs and resources allow individuals and their caregivers to thrive in their current stage of life and remain an active and vital part of our community.
Saline County Aging Services is jointly sponsored by County, State and Federal funds made available through the Saline County Board of Commissioners and Aging Partners. Contributions for services and donations directly support the Program.
All activities and services of Saline County Aging Services are provided without regard to race, color, creed, national origin or disability.
Aging Partners Annual Consumer Survey 2019
Aging Partners is conducting a anonymous consumer survey and we would appreciate your support. This will help us in planning for the future.
Annual County Board Report
View the most recent Annual County Board Report.
Full Circle – A pop-up senior center
Locations vary. Check out our newsletter or call 402-821-3330 for details.
Home Delivered Meals
- DeWitt Meals – Monday through Friday. Daily hot meals. (No holiday delivery.) Call 402-683-4325 or 402-683-3295 for details.
- Wilber Meals – Monday through Friday. Daily hot meals. Call 402-821-3330 for details.
- Mom's Meals – Monday through Saturday. Cover the rest of the towns in Saline County. Call 402-821-3330 for details.
Programs Available for Seniors
- Foot Clinics
Registered nurses provide basic toenail care and maintenance, as well as education to clients. Clinics take place in Crete, Dorchester, Friend and Wilber for a requested contribution of $10. Some towns are currently wait-listed. Please call for details.
- Health and Fitness
Saline County Aging Services offers programs and classes to keep you healthy and active. Register for a Stepping On or Tai Chi class to improve balance, strength, and to prevent falls.
- Homestead Exemption Assistance
Homeowners are offered assistance in filing for Nebraska's Homestead Exemption. This tax break is available to homeowners age 65 and over and to persons with disabilities that meet a specific income and valuation guidelines. To find out if you qualify, please call Saline County Aging Services or the Saline County Assessor.
- Meat Packages
All seniors age 60 and over in Saline County are eligible for a monthly meat package. Selection varies each month, but usually contains a mixture of chicken and pork products.
- Medicaid Enrollment Assistance
We assist clients in filing for Medicaid benefits, including the SNAP program (formerly food stamps) and heating assistance. From application completion to faxing documents, to even assisting with telephone interviews, we can support you as little or as much as you need.
- Medical Equipment Loans
Our office has a variety of well-maintained durable medical equipment. We offer short-term equipment loans at no cost to you.
- Medicare Counseling
Staff members are trained to help you navigate Medicare programs. We assist clients in all aspects of the program including enrollment for new beneficiaries, understanding benefits, appealing decisions, comparing and signing up for a Part D program, comparing supplements and navigating all other aspects of Medicare paperwork.
Want to stay in the loop of what is going on at Saline County Aging Services? We provide a free monthly newsletter that lists services and events happening near you, as well as articles relevant to daily life. Newsletters can be mailed, picked up or emailed each month.
Speaking engagements are available to any business, civic, religious, or other organization within Saline County. Call for information or to request an updated topic list.
Upon request, Saline County Aging Services staff will visit older individuals in their homes to discuss requests or necessary services.
- Resources We Can Connect You To
- Home Care
- Personal Care
- Respite Care
- Caregiver Support
- And so much more!
Information and Referral Services for Seniors
Programs Available for the Community
Unless otherwise indicated, call the Saline County Aging Services office for additional program information.
Our office maintains a supply of durable medical equipment for short term loans. These items are available to borrow, at no cost, by any Saline County resident, regardless of age.
Medical Equipment Loans
- Foodmart, Crete, 402-826-5099 Deliveries in town only on Tuesdays. Orders need to be placed on Monday. Delivery fee: $8
- Greg's Market for Friend, 402-266-5311 Greg's Market is located in Exeter. Delivers to Friend on Thursdays. Orders need to be placed on Wednesday. Delivery fee: $5
- Food Mesto, Wilber, 402-821-2211 Delivers on Fridays in Wilber, DeWitt and Clatonia. Orders need to be placed before 10 a.m. for same day delivery. Free delivery with a minimum order of $15.
- Blue Valley Community Action in Fairbury, 402-729-2278
- Blue Valley Community Action in Crete, 402-826-2376
- Saline County Area Transit, 402-433-4511 or 800-433-7228
- Crete, 402-418-2743
- Beatrice Home Health, 402-223-2366
- Fillmore County Hospital, 402-759-3167
- Tabitha Healthcare, 800-286-2622
- Crete Area Medical Center, 2910 Betten Dr., Crete, 402-826-2102
- Friend Community Healthcare System, 905 Second St., Friend, 402-957-2541
- Legal Services for people age 60 and over through Aging Partners, 800-247-0938
- Veteran's Service Office, 402-821-2990
- Saline County Assessor, 402-821-2588
Numbers to Keep Handy
Personal Emergency Response Systems