Saline County Aging ServicesShow Map
- 109 W Third St, PO Box 812 Wilber, NE 68465
- 402-821-3330 or 800-778-3309
- Operating Hours
- Mon - Fri, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Closed on recognized County holidays and inclement weather.
Crete Senior CenterShow Map
- Wanek Community Center Building
- 1410 Main Ave, Crete, NE 68333
- Operates independantly from Aging Partners.
DeWitt Senior CenterShow Map
- 202 E Fillmore Ave, PO Box 185, DeWitt, NE 68341
- Call for information and meeting location.
- Operates independantly from Aging Partners.
Wilber SeniorsShow Map
- Wilber Czech Museum
102 W Third St, Wilber, NE 68465
- 402-821-2014, 402-821-3259 or 402-821-2271 for meal reservations (Fee)
- Operating Hours
- Every Monday, 1 p.m., Wilber Czech Museum for cards
- 4th Thursday, Noon, Wilber Care Center for a meal and entertainment.
Saline County Aging Services provides a variety of services to any Saline County resident aged 60 years or older. We strive to aim our services at both "new retirees" who may need assistance navigating Social Security, Medicare and older individuals (and their caregivers) who wish to remain an active and vital part of their community while maintaining independent living.
Speaking engagements are available to any business, civic, religious or other organization within Saline County. Please call 402-821-3330 for more information, including an updated list.
- Saline Aging County Services
- The ABC's of Medicare
- Medicare Part D
- Homestead Exemption
Saline County Aging Services is jointly sponsored by County, State and Federal funds made available through the Saline County Board of Commissioners and Aging Partners. Contributions for services and donations directly support the Program.
All activities and services of the Saline County Aging Services are provided without regard to race, color, creed, national origin or disability.
Annual County Board Report
View the most recent Annual County Board Report.
Programs Available for Seniors
- Foot Clinics
Medical professions provide basic toenail care and maintenance, as well as education. Clinics are available in Crete, Dorchester, Friend and Wilber for a requested contribution of $10. Some towns are currently wait-listed. Please call for details.
- Friendly Visitor
We utilize trained volunteers who visit with older adults in their homes and do telephone checks.
- Homestead Exemption Assistance
- This tax break is available to any homeowner age 65+, disabled veterans and persons with disabilities that meet specific income and valuation guidelines. To see if you might qualify, contact the Saline County Aging Services or the Saline County Assessor.
- Meat Packages
All Saline County residents 60+ are eligible for a monthly meat package. Selection varies each month, but usually contains a variety of chicken and pork products.
- Medicaid Assistance
We assist clients in filing for Medicaid benefits, including the SNAP program (formerly food stamps) and heating assistance.
- Medicare Assistance
We assist clients in filing for Medicare benefits, understanding benefits, appealing decisions, comparing and signing up for a Part D program, comparing supplements and navigating all other aspects of Medicare paperwork.
- Mom's Meals
Through a contract brokered with Mom's Meals, home delivered meals are offered for a suggested contribution. These meals are available to qualifying senior residents who reside within Saline County. Call Saline County Aging Services for more information.
- Case Management
Available for persons and caregivers who need assistance in dealing with specific care needs.
- Home Health Care
Third-party agency that provides medical professionals who assist with daily living needs. (Fee)
- Home Care Providers
Individuals who will perform non-medical tasks within the home. i.e. personal tasks, light housework, etc. (Fee)
Upon request, Saline County Aging Services staff will visit older individuals in their homes to discuss requests or necessary services. (Fee)
Information & Referral Services for Seniors
Programs Available for the Community
Unless otherwise indicated, call the Saline County Aging Services office for information on the following programs:
- Medical Equipment Loans
Our office maintains a supply of durable medical equipment for short term loans. These items are available to borrow, at no cost, by any Saline County Resident, regardless of age.
Congregate & Home Delivered Meals
- Crete Community Center
1410 Main St., Crete (Wanek Community Center Building) Friendly, congregate meals and home delivered meals. Monday - Saturday, no holidays. 402-826-3472 (Fee)
- DeWitt Senior Center
Congregate Meals are offered every Wednesday at noon for a suggested contribution. Home delivered meals are available to qualifying seniors and disabled residents who reside within the city limits. Meals are delivered Monday - Friday, no weekend or holiday delivery. A suggested contribution is requested. Call 402-683-4325 or 402-683-3295 for details and reservations.
- Warren Memorial Hospital Manor
Meals are delivered within the city limits, Monday - Saturday and most holidays. Special diets are available with a doctor's order. Call 402-947-2541. (Fee)
- Wilber Care Center
In partnership with Saline County Aging Services, delivery of noon meals is available Monday - Friday to city residents. Call 402-821-2331 for details.
- Wilber Seniors
Every 4th Thursday of each month (except holidays) a noon meal is served along with entertainment or an informational program hosted by the Wilber churches. Reservations are needed one week prior. Call 402-821-2014, 402-821-3259 or 402-821-2271 for reservations.
Grocery Delivery in Saline County
- Foodmart, Crete, NE … 402-826-5099 Deliveries in town only on Tuesdays. Deliveries outside city limits. Depends on size of order. Fee: $8 intown, $10 outside of town, within 10 miles.
- Orb's Grocery, Friend, NE … 402-947-2251 Delivers in town only on Wednesdays. Place order by 9 a.m. Wednesday same day delivery.
- KT's Market, Western, NE … 402-433-2291 Delivers in town only on Friday afternoons. Place order by 11 a.m. Friday morning for afternoon delivery. No charge for delivery. Minimum $20 order.
- Food Mesto, Wilber, NE … 402-821-2211 Delivers in town only on Fridays. Place order by 10 a.m. Friday for same day delivery. No charge for delivery. Minimum $15 order.
Commodity distribution is held in Wilber and Crete every other month. Qualified individuals must meet eligibility income and age guidelines. To register or for more information contact the Blue Valley Community Action Program in Fairbury, 402-729-2278.
Numbers to Keep Handy
- Saline County Area Transit: 402-433-4511 or 800-433-7228
- Crete: 402-418-2743
Personal Emergency Response Systems
- Beatrice Home Health: 402-223-2366 (Fee)
- Fillmore County Hospital: 402-759-3167 (Fee)
- Tabitha Healthcare: 800-286-2622 (Fee)
- Crete Area Medical Center, 2910 Betten Dr., Crete: 402-826-2102
- Warren Memorial Hospital, 905 Second St., Friend: 402-957-2541
- Legal Services for people over 60 through Aging Partners: 800-247-0938
- Veteran's Service Office: 402-821-2990
- Saline County Assessor: 402-821-2588