- Where can I find a copy of my birth certificate?
- Provided you were born in Nebraska, copies are available from the State Department of
Health & Human Services Vital Records office. Located in
Golds Galleria, 1033 O St., Suite 130. Phone: (402) 471-2871.
- Where do I go to apply for or renew a handicapped parking permit?
- Information and applications are available through the City Clerk's Office, 555 South
10th Street, telephone (402) 441-7437.
- I'd like my event to be advertised on Cable Channel 10's electronic bulletin board. How can I apply?
- Application and rules for channel use are on the city's web site:
lincoln.ne.gov keyword: Channel 10. You can
also contact the Citizen Information Center, 555 S. 10th St., Suite 208. Phone (402) 441-7375. Advertisements must be
submitted by legally recognized non-profit organizations based in Lancaster County, and are free. The messages must
meet specified rules; events must be held in Lincoln.
- I'm looking for information on Lincoln for a school project. Where can I find demographic and tourist
- Demographic information is available through the Planning Department at (402) 441-7491. Tourist information can be found
through the Lincoln Convention and Visitor's Bureau at (402) 434-5335.
- Where can I find more information about StarTran's Bus
Routes and schedules?
- StarTran Information is available by calling (402) 476-1234.
- Is it possible to obtain video copies of the programs or public meetings which air on 5-City TV (cable channel 5)?
- Videotaped copies are available for a nominal fee by calling 5-City TV at (402) 441-6688.
- Where can I obtain a passport?
- Passports are available through the main US Post Office at 700 R Street, in the Haymarket. For detailed passport
information call (402) 473-1692.
- Is there a Recycling Drop-Off Site near my home?
- A detailed map showing all of the city-owned recycling drop-off sites is available in the blue pages of your
Windstream Phone Book.
- Where can I find more information on the City's Snow Removal Operations?
- Information concerning Lincoln's Snow Removal procedures can be found in the blue pages of your Windstream Phone
Book or call Public Works Snow Center (402) 441-7644.
- Where do I go to take my driver's test or renew my license? Visit the Nebraska DMV Web site.
- Lancaster County (Lincoln) Exam Station
500 West "O" St, Lincoln
7:30 - 4:30
Monday thru Friday
Lancaster County (Lincoln) Exam Station
625 N. 46th St, Lincoln
7:30 - 4:30
Monday thru Friday - Express Service Station
(NO TESTING - renewals only)
- Where do I find information about Citizenship or Naturalization?
- The US Citizenship and Immigration Services is part of the federal Homeland Security Department. Call 1-800-375-5283.
- How do I get a new or replacement Social Security Card?
- Contact the Social Security Administration Office at 1-800-772-1213 or (402) 437-5401. You may visit the Federal
Building located at 100 Centennial Mall North, Room 191, Lincoln, NE.