- December 21, 2004
- For More Information Contact:
- Diane Gonzolas, Citizen Information Center, 441-7831
- Deb Weber, Lincoln Arts Council, 434-2787
Nominations Now Accepted For Arts Awards
Nominations are now being accepted for the 27th annual Mayorís Arts Awards. The awards will be presented by the Lincoln Arts Council (LAC) the evening of Wednesday, June 1, 2005 at the Lied Center for Performing Arts.
The Mayorís Arts Awards program formally recognizes artistic contributions and achievements in the Lincoln area. Those wishing to nominate a project, organization or person may request a nomination form by calling the LAC at 434-2787 or print a form from the LAC Web site: www.artscene.org. The nomination deadline is February 18, 2005.
Nominations are being accepted for the following awards:
- The Halcyon Allsman Benefactor of the Arts Award honors an individual or family who has made significant financial contributions to the arts in Lincoln.
- The Arts Organization Award recognizes an arts group that has made significant contributions to Lincolnís arts community over a period of years.
- The Leadership Award recognizes an individual or organization for making a major overall impact on the arts in Lincoln.
- The Support of the Arts Award recognizes an organization or business for significant financial support for the arts.
- The Cultural Celebration Award recognizes artistic work that has fostered an appreciation of a specific culture or cultures through the arts.
- The Literary Heritage Award recognizes a writer or individual who promotes excellence in writing and literature in Nebraska.
- The Larry Enersen Award recognizes outstanding urban design in Lincoln.
- The Sam Davidson Award recognizes excellence in theatre arts.
- The Artistic Achievement Award recognizes professional accomplishments in any arts discipline.
- The Heart of the Arts Award recognizes outstanding volunteer efforts on behalf of the arts.
- The Event of the Year Award recognizes a performance, exhibition, event or project in 2004 that will be notable in the community memory for years to come.
- The Gladys Lux Education Award recognizes special initiatives or dedication to arts education.
The public is also encouraged to submit names of members of the Lincoln arts community who have died since the last awards ceremony in June 2004 for memorial recognition at the event.