- March 12, 2007
- For More Information Contact:
- Larry Williams, Human Rights, 441-8691
- Maria Fernanda Joya, Human Rights, 441-7624 or 742-9785
HUMAN RIGHTS COMMISSION OFFERS FREE SERIES IN APRIL
The Lincoln Commission on Human Rights (LCHR) invites the public to a series
of free workshops being offered the first week of April. All sessions will be
from 6 to 7:30 p.m. at El Centro del las Americas, 2615 “O” Street, Suite D.
Spanish translation assistance will be available. The schedule is:
- Monday, April 2 - Maria Fernanda Joya of LCHR will present information on
discrimination in the workplace and in housing.
- Tuesday, April 3 - Martha Moral Hettenbaugh and Maria Reich from the VITA
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program will present information on the Internal
Revenue Service and income taxes.
- Wednesday, April 4 - Olga Kanne from the City Urban Development Department
will discuss home ownership and low-interest home improvement loans.
- Thursday, April 5 - Josie Rodriguez from the Nebraska Attorney General’s
Office will present information on consumer fraud.
- Friday, April 6 - Gloria Sarmiento from the Nebraska Appleseed Center for
Law in the Public Interest will discuss immigration reform and the rights of
For more information on the workshops, contact Maria Fernanda Joya at 441-7624
or 742-9785. More information on LCHR is available on the City Web site at lincoln.ne.gov (keyword: rights).