City of Lincoln
2010 Media Releases
- September 1, 2010
- For More Information Contact:
- Erika Nunes, Engineering Services, 402-441-5675
Warren Wondercheck, Engineering Services, 402-441-7014
12-Block Stretch Of N. 70th Street To Close For Improvements
Beginning Tuesday, September 7, N. 70th St. From Aylesworth Ave. to Adams St. will close to through traffic for about three weeks for a stimulus-funded project. The existing pavement will be milled, the base will be repaired as needed, and the roadway will be overlaid with new asphalt. The project also includes some sidewalk and ramp reconstruction. The contractor, Pavers Inc., has 21 days to complete the project.
The suggested detour route is Cotner Blvd. and 84th, Holdrege and Adams streets. Local access will be maintained to businesses and residences adjacent to the project.
- Access to the school bus stops at the YMCA and Rosemont Alliance Church will be maintained for Kahoa Elementary students being bused to the Abbott Sports Complex. Those using the bus stops are encouraged to use Huntington Ave. and Ammon Ave. rather than entering the construction area at Aylesworth Ave. or Adams St.
- Those needing to access Mickle Middle School from east of 70th St. are encouraged to use the signed detour. Leighton Ave. also may be used to cross 70th St., except when the intersection is under construction.
Information on all the City’s American Recovery and Reinvestment Act projects is available at lincoln.ne.gov (keyword: recovery). More information on the 70th St. project is available by contacting one of the following:
- Erika Nunes, Engineering Services, 441-5675, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Warren Wondercheck, Project Manager, Engineering Services, 441-7014, email@example.com
- Mike Tidball, Pavers, Inc., 786-5900