City of Lincoln
2014 Media Releases
- May 15, 2014
- For More Information Contact:
- Vicki Wood, Lincoln City Libraries, 402-441-8565
Children Can Read to a Dog This Summer
Lincoln City Libraries and Healing Heart Therapy Dogs, a local therapy dog organization, are providing an opportunity for children ages 6 to 12 to polish their reading skills this summer. Therapy teams made up of a dog and its handler are partnered with children who can practice their reading skills by reading aloud to a dog.
Children read to dogs in 20-minute shifts once a week for four weeks. The next session begins the week of June 2 and runs through June 28. Pre-registration is required. To register, contact the person listed at these branch libraries:
- Anderson Branch Library, 3635 Touzalin Avenue, Saturdays, 1:30-3:30 p.m., drop in, no registration required
- Eiseley Branch Library, 1530 Superior Street, Tuesdays, 5:30-7:30 p.m., contact Dan at 402-730-5274 or email@example.com
- South Branch Library, 2675 South Street, Fridays, 1:30-3:30 p.m., e-mail Joy at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gere Branch Library, 2400 So. 56th Street, Mondays, 1:30-3:30 p.m., contact Mimi at 402-217-9019
- Walt Branch Library, 6701 So. 14th Street, Saturdays, 2 to 4 p.m., contact Katherine at 402-202-6556 or email@example.com
For more information about Lincoln City Libraries and its services, visit lincolnlibraries.org.