City of Lincoln
2015 Media Releases
- February 26, 2015
- For More Information Contact:
- Gene Hanlon, Recycling Coordinator, 402-441-7043
LinGro Compost Available for Sale
City Solid Waste Operations officials today announced that LinGro compost is now available. The public has four options to obtain the compost:
- The compost is free for those who load it themselves at the North 48th Street Transfer Station, 5101 N. 48th Street, during normal business hours.
- The City will load compost into small vehicles from 1:30 to 4:15 p.m. Wednesdays and Fridays at the Bluff Road Compost Facility, 6001 Bluff Road. The cost for the compost and loading is $10 per cubic yard plus sales tax.
- The City delivers compost in a 10-cubic yard dump truck for a $65 delivery fee. The cost for the compost is $10 per cubic yard plus sales tax. A full load (10 cubic yards) delivered would be $165 plus sales tax.
- The public also can purchase the compost from select area landscape supply companies. Fees will vary.
"It is recommended that the compost be used as a soil amendment and that one inch of compost be mixed with four to six inches of soil," said City Recycling Coordinator Gene Hanlon. "This decreases the density of the soil and increases water infiltration as well as its nutrient content. It also adds organic matter and beneficial microorganisms to the soil."
For more information on LinGro compost, visit lincoln.ne.gov (keyword: compost) or call 402-441-8102.