City of Lincoln
2016 Media Releases
- February 3, 2016
- For More Information Contact:
- Vicki Wood, Lincoln City Libraries, 402-441-8565
Read to a Dog Program Starts Sunday
Families are invited to participate in the "Read to a Dog" program offered by Lincoln City Libraries and Healing Heart Therapy Dogs, a local therapy dog organization. The program provides an opportunity for children ages 6 to 12 to practice their reading by reading aloud to a dog. Therapy teams are partnered with children who read to a dog in 20-minute shifts.
This is a drop-in program, with no preregistration required. The program is offered at following locations and times:
- Eiseley Branch Library, 1530 Superior Street, 1 to 2:30 p.m. Sundays February 7 and 28
- Gere Branch Library, 2400 S. 56th St., 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursdays, February 11 and 25
- Walt Branch Library, 6701 S. 14th St., 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. Wednesdays, February 3, 10 and 17; and 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. Saturdays, February 6, 13 and 27
For more information on Lincoln City Libraries, visit lincolnlibraries.org. Information about Healing Heart Therapy Dogs can be found at healinghearttherapydogs.org.