City of Lincoln
2016 Media Releases
- March 7, 2016
- For More Information Contact:
- Vicki Wood, Lincoln City Libraries, 402-441-8565
Read to a Dog Spring Session to Begin March 14
Families are invited to participate in the "Read to a Dog" program offered by Lincoln City Libraries and Healing Heart Therapy Dogs, a local therapy dog organization. The program provides an opportunity for children ages 6 to 12 to practice their reading by reading aloud to a dog. Therapy teams are partnered with children who read to a dog in 20-minute shifts once a week for six weeks.
The spring session begins the week of March 14 and continues through the week of April 18. Preregistration is required by contact the person listed for each branch.
The program is offered at following locations and times:
- Eiseley Branch Library, 1530 Superior Street, 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturdays, email Angela at Anjherbert@me.com
- Gere Branch Library, 2400 S. 56th St., 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursdays, call Mimi at 402-217-9019
- South Branch Library, 2675 South Street, 6 to 7:30 p.m. Thursdays, email Jayne at Apaemail@example.com
- Walt Branch Library, 6701 S. 14th St., 4 to 5:30 p.m. Wednesdays, call Cindy at 402-416-0824 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on Lincoln City Libraries, visit lincolnlibraries.org. Information about Healing Heart Therapy Dogs can be found at healinghearttherapydogs.org.