City of Lincoln
2016 Media Releases
- March 23, 2016
- For More Information Contact:
- Katie Kreuser, Volunteer Coordinator, 402-429-7411
- Chris Myers, Operations Coordinator, 402-441-6051
Public Invited to Volunteer on a VIP Saturday
The Parks and Recreation Department invites the public to participate in the VIP (Volunteer in Parks) Saturday series this spring, summer and fall. Both current and new volunteers are welcome.
To register, send an email to ParksVolunteers@lincoln.ne.gov. New volunteers are asked to fill out a volunteer application form and bring it to the event or submit it with their registration. The form is available at parks.lincoln.ne.gov. (Click on "volunteer," then download the application from the list on the right.)
Volunteers are asked to bring gloves and wear sturdy shoes. Tools and materials will be provided. More details will be provided about two weeks before each event.
The following VIP events have been scheduled:
- April 23, 9 a.m. to noon, Marathon preparation on Sheridan Blvd., Normal Blvd. and Capital Parkway and at Lewis Ballfields. Participants should meet at 9 a.m. at the Parks office, 2740 "A" Street. Rain date is April 30.
- May 14, 8 to 11 a.m., restroom painting in northwest district. Rain date is May 21.
- June 11, 8 to 11 a.m., Oak Lake shoreline cleanup. Rain date is June 18.
- July 16, 8 to 11 a.m., Bowling Lake and Holmes Lake shoreline cleanup. Rain date is July 23.
- August 13, 8 to 11 a.m., Taylor Park. Rain date is August 20.
- September 17, 8 to 11 a.m., Peter Pan Park and Idylwild Park. Rain date is September 24.
- October 15, 9 a.m. to noon, Salt Creek levee and prairie band cleanup. Meeting location to be determined. Rain date is October 22.
- November 5, 9 a.m. to noon, Good Life Halfsy preparation. Meeting location to be determined. Rain date is November 12.
For more information about Lincoln Parks and Recreation, visit parks.lincoln.ne.gov.