City of Lincoln
2016 Media Releases
- October 24, 2016
- For More Information Contact:
- David Norris, Aging Partners, 402-441-6156
Seniors Invited to Participate in October Aging Partners Events
Aging Partners invites senior citizens and the general public to attend a variety of senior-focused activities and classes in Lincoln and Lancaster County from October 24 through 30:
Monday, October 24
- Contemporary Yoga, Cotner Center Condominium, 1540 N. Cotner Blvd. - 9 a.m.
- Tai Chi (Continuing 24 Form), Cotner Center Condominium - 10:30 a.m.
- Stepping On fall prevention class, Savannah Pines, 3900 Pine Lake Road - 2 p.m.
Tuesday, October 25
- Talent show, Lake Street Senior Center (located in St. James United Methodist Church), 2400 S. 11th St. - 10 a.m.
- Stepping On fall prevention class, Madonna ProActive, 7111 Stephanie Lane - 10 a.m.
Wednesday, October 26
- Vermeer House Senior Health Promotion Center UNMC Health Clinic, 4000 S. 84th St. - 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Blood pressure screenings by Bryan Health, Lake Street Senior Center - 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Haven Manor blood pressure screening, Hickman Senior Center, 300 E. Third St., Hickman, NE (located in Hickman Presbyterian Church) - 11 a.m., Halloween party at 12:30 p.m.
Thursday, October 27
- Beginners Tai Chi for Balance and Fall Prevention (Basic 8 Form), Auld Recreation Center, 1650 Memorial Drive - 9 a.m.
- Downtown Senior Health Promotion Center Health Clinic, 1005 "O" St. - 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- "Surfing the Internet" introductory class, Northeast Senior Center - 9:30 a.m.
- BINGO, Bennet Senior Center, 970 Monroe St., Bennet NE (located in the American Legion Hall) - 1 p.m.
Friday, October 28
- Downtown Fright Fest, Downtown Senior Center - 10 a.m. to noon.
- Traditional Tai Chi (24 Form), Auld Recreation Center - 9 a.m.
- Stepping On fall prevention class, Eastmont Towers, 6315 "O" St. - 2 p.m.
For more information, visit lincoln.ne.gov (keyword: My Center News).