City of Lincoln
2016 Media Releases
- December 1, 2016
- For More Information Contact:
- David Norris, Aging Partners, 402-441-6156
Senior Citizens and the Public Invited to Aging Partners Special Holiday Meals
Aging Partners invites senior citizens and the public to holiday meals December 12 through 16 in Lincoln and Lancaster County. Dates and locations are as follows:
Monday, December 12 -
- Firth Senior Center (in Firth Community Center), 311 Nemaha St., Firth. Call 402-416-7693 for reservations.
Tuesday, December 13 -
- Belmont Senior Center (in Belmont Recreation Center), 1234 Judson St. Call 402-441-7990 for reservations.
- Bennet Senior Center (in American Legion Hall), 970 Monroe St., Bennet. Call 402-416-7693 for reservations.
- Northeast Senior Center, 6310 Platte Ave. Call 402-441-7151 for reservations.
Wednesday, December 14 -
- Asian Senior Center (in Asian Community and Cultural Center), 144 N. 44th St. Call 402-477-3446 for reservations.
- Hickman Senior Center (in Hickman Presbyterian Church), 300 E. Third St., Hickman. Call 402-792-2006 for reservations.
Thursday, December 15 -
- Bennet Senior Center - Call 402-782-6780 for reservations.
- Downtown Senior Center, 1005 "O" St. Call 402-441-7154 for reservations.
- Lake Street Center (in Saint James United Methodist Church, 2400 S. 11th St. Call 402-441-7157 for reservations.
Friday, December 16 -
- Waverly Senior Center (in First United Methodist Church), 14410 Folkestone St., Waverly. Call 402-416-7693 for reservations
- JoAnn Maxey Center (in Malone Community Center), 2031 "U" St. Call 402-441-7849 for reservations
Meals will be served at 11:30 a.m. at all locations, except for Bennet, where meals will be served at noon. The suggested contribution is $6 for those age 60 and over and $9 for those under age 60. The menu includes a stuffed chicken breast, twice-baked potato, California vegetable casserole, whole wheat rolls and berry pie with ice cream.
Reservations are required by calling the senior centers by noon at least two days in advance. Note that two meals are served in Bennet, with two different numbers to call for reservations.
More information on Aging Partners is available at aging.lincoln.ne.gov.