City of Lincoln
2016 Media Releases
- December 5, 2016
- For More Information Contact:
- David Norris, Aging Partners, 402-441-6156
Seniors Invited to Participate in Aging Partners Events December 5 Through 11
Aging Partners invites senior citizens and the general public to attend a variety of senior-focused activities and classes in Lincoln and Lancaster County from December 5 through 11:
Monday, December 5
- Contemporary Yoga, Cotner Center Condominium - 9 a.m.
Tuesday, December 6
- Chair Tai Chi, Aging Partners Health and Fitness Center - 9:45 a.m.
- BINGO, Lake Street Senior Center - 10 a.m.
- BINGO, Belmont Senior Center - 11:30 a.m.
- BINGO, Bennet Senior Center - 1 p.m.
Wednesday, December 7
- Blood pressure screenings provided by Homestead Rehabilitation Center nurses, Northeast Senior Center - 9 a.m.
- BINGO, Northeast Senior Center - 10 a.m.
- BINGO, Downtown Senior Center - 10:30 a.m.
- BINGO, JoAnn Maxey Center - 11:30 a.m.
- 10-Point Pitch and Bridge, Northeast Senior Center, 12:30 to 3 p.m.
- Holiday Lights CaraVAN Tour, Downtown Senior Center - dinner and holiday music at 5:30 p.m., tour departs at 6:30 p.m. Registration is required by Dec. 5. Call 402-441-7151.
Thursday, December 8
- "Surfing the Internet" introductory class, Northeast Senior Center - 9:30 a.m.
- Pinochle, Lake Street Senior Center - 10 a.m.
- Blood pressure screenings provided by Good Samaritan Center nurses, Bennet Senior Center - 11 a.m.
- Lincoln City Libraries Bookmobile, Lake Street Center - noon to 1 p.m.
Friday, December 9
- Holiday Lights CaraVAN Tour, Northeast Senior Center - dinner and holiday music at 5:30 p.m., tour departs at 6:30 p.m. Registration is required by Dec. 7. Call 402-441-7151.
Saturday, December 10
- Bob Ross Oil Painting Class, Lake Street Senior Center - 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Cost is $50 and includes all materials and supplies. Registration is required by Dec. 7. Call 402-441-7157.
- Cotner Center Condominium, 1540 N. Cotner Blvd.
- Aging Partners Health and Fitness Center, 233 S. 10th St.
- Belmont Senior Center, 1234 Judson St.
- Downtown Senior Center, 1005 "O" St.
- JoAnn Maxey Center, 2032 "U" St.
- Lake Street Senior Center, 2400 S. 11th St.
- Northeast Senior Center, 6310 Platte Ave.
- Waverly Senior Center, 14410 Folkestone St.
For more information, visit lincoln.ne.gov (keyword: My Center News) or call 402-441-7070.