City of Lincoln
2016 Media Releases
- December 23, 2016
- For More Information Contact:
- Michael Davis, Transit Manager, 402-441-8600
- Karla Welding, Solid Waste Operations, 402-441-7867
City Offices Closed December 26 and January 2
Holidays mean changes for bus service and landfills
Because both Christmas and New Year's Day fall on Sundays this year, City offices will be closed Monday, December 26 and Monday, January 2. StarTran buses will not be in operation those two days. The Public Works and Utilities Department is also changing hours at two landfill facilities:
- The transfer station at 5101 N. 48th Street will be closed December 24, 25, 31 and January 1. The facility will be open December 26 and January 2.
- The landfill at 6001 Bluff Road will be open from 6:45 to 11:30 a.m. December 24 and 31. It will be closed December 25 and January 1 and open December 26 and January 2.
More information is available at startran.lincoln.ne.gov and lincoln.ne.gov (keyword: landfill).