City of Lincoln
2017 Media Releases
- February 7, 2017
- For More Information Contact:
- Jamie Kelley, Pioneers Park Nature Center, 402-441-8708
Public Invited to Nature Center Outdoor Programs
Pioneers Park Nature Center invites the public to participate in a variety of outdoor family-friendly events in February. All participants will meet at the Nature Center, 3201 S. Coddington Ave. The following activities are planned:
- Full Moon Guided Hike: Friday, February 10, 7 to 8:30 p.m.
- This guided nighttime experience is open to all ages, however, it may not be suitable for young children, and all children must be accompanied by an adult. The fee is $8 per person, and the registration deadline is February 8.
- Monarchs and Pollinator Garden Workshop: Saturday, February 11, 10 to 11 a.m.
- The Nebraska Wildlife Federation will teach participants about monarchs and other pollinators and how to create a pollinator garden. This program is free.
- Great Backyard Bird Count: Saturday, February 18, 9 to 11 a.m.
- Join the Wild Bird Habitat Store for this annual bird count at the Chet Ager Building. Participants will count birds at the feeders in the bird garden and along the trails, weather permitting. There is no fee to participate, but a $5 donation is suggested, and participants are asked to register by February 16.
- Nature Explorer Camp: Monday through Friday, March 13 through 17, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Students ages six to 13 are invited to learn about ecology and wildlife, hiking while playing games, making crafts and doing other activities. Students should dress for the weather and bring a sack lunch. The fee is $180 per child, and the registration deadline is February 28
To make reservations or for more information, contact the Nature Center at 402-441-7895 or visit parks.lincoln.ne.gov/naturecenter.