City of Lincoln
2017 Media Releases
- September 1, 2017
- For More Information Contact:
- David Norris, Aging Partners, 402-441-6156
Seniors Invited to Participate in Aging Partners Events September 4 Through 10
Aging Partners invites senior citizens and the general public to attend a variety of senior-focused activities and classes in Lincoln and Lancaster County from September 4 through September 10:
Monday, September 4
AGING PARTNERS' OFFICES AND ALL SENIOR CENTERS ARE CLOSED FOR THE LABOR DAY HOLIDAY
Tuesday, September 5
- Chair Tai Chi, Aging Partners Health and Fitness Center - 9:45 a.m.
- BINGO, Lake Street Senior Center - 10 a.m.
- BINGO, Belmont Senior Center - 11:30 a.m.
- BINGO, Bennet Senior Center - 1 p.m.
- Stepping On fall prevention class, Christ United Methodist Church - 1 to 3 p.m.
Wednesday, September 6
- Blood pressure screenings by Homestead Rehabilitation Center nurses, Northeast Senior Center - 9 a.m.
- BINGO, Northeast Senior Center - 10 a.m.
- BINGO, Downtown Senior Center - 10:30 a.m.
- Musical performance by The Unpaid Bills, Lake Street Senior Center - 10:30 a.m.
- BINGO, JoAnn Maxey Center - 11:30 a.m.
- 10-Point Pitch and Bridge, Northeast Senior Center - 12:30 to 3 p.m.
Thursday, September 7
- "Surfing the Internet" introductory class, Northeast Senior Center - 9:30 a.m.
- Active Living Every Day workshop, Lake Street Senior Center - 10 to 11 a.m.
- Stepping On fall prevention class, Eastmont Towers - 1 to 3 p.m.
- Bobby Lane and his Orchestra, Pla Mor Ballroom - 7 to 9 p.m.
Friday, September 8
- Musical performance by August Moon, Northeast Senior Center - 10 a.m.
- Skin cancer prevention and screening by Bryan nursing students, JoAnn Maxey Senior Center - 11:30 a.m.
- Musical performance by Rueben Adkins, Waverly Senior Center - 12:30 p.m.
- 10-point Pitch, Northeast Senior Center - 12:30 to 3 p.m.
Senior Center Meal Schedule (reservations required two working days in advance):
- Belmont Senior Center (402-441-7990): Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays at 11:30 a.m.
- Bennet Senior Center (402-416-7693): Tuesdays and Thursdays at noon
- Downtown Senior Center (402-441-7154): Monday - Friday from 11:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
- Firth Senior Center (402-416-7693): Mondays at 11:30 a.m.
- Hickman Senior Center (402-792-2006): Wednesdays at 11:30 a.m.
- JoAnn Maxey Senior Center (402-441-7849): Wednesdays and Fridays at 11:30 a.m.
- Lake Street Senior Center (402-441-7157): Monday - Friday at 11:30 a.m.
- Northeast Senior Center (402-441-7151): Monday - Friday from 11:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
- Waverly Senior Center (402-416-7693): Fridays at 11:30 a.m.
- Aging Partners Health and Fitness Center, 233 S. 10th St.
- Belmont Senior Center, 1234 Judson St.
- Bennet Senior Center, 970 Monroe St.
- Christ United Methodist Church, 4530 "A" St.
- Downtown Senior Center, 1005 "O" St.
- Eastmont Towers, 6315 "O" St.
- Firth Senior Center, 311 Nemaha St.
- Hickman Senior Center, 300 E. 3rd St.
- Jayne Snyder Trail Center, 21st and "Q" streets
- JoAnn Maxey Senior Center, 2032 "U" St.
- Lake Street Senior Center, 2400 S. 11th St.
- Northeast Senior Center, 6310 Platte Ave.
- Pla Mor Ballroom, 6600 West "O" St.
- Vermeer Education Center, 4000 S. 84th St.
- Walt Branch Library, 6701 S. 14th St.
- Waverly Senior Center, 14410 Folkestone St.
For information on classes or to register, call 402-441-7575. Roundtrip transportation is available for senior center meals and activities in Lincoln only by calling the centers directly (phone numbers listed in meal schedule). For more information on senior center events and activities, visit lincoln.ne.gov (keyword: My Center News) or call 402-441-7158.