City of Lincoln
2017 Media Releases
- December 22, 2017
- For More Information Contact:
- David Norris, Aging Partners, 402-441-6156
Seniors Invited to Participate in Aging Partners Events December 25 - December 31
Aging Partners invites senior citizens and the general public to attend a variety of senior-focused activities and classes in Lincoln and Lancaster County from December 25 through December 31:
Monday, December 25
ALL AGING PARTERS OFFICES AND SENIOR CENTERS ARE CLOSED FOR THE CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY
Tuesday, December 26
- Chair Tai Chi, Aging Partners Health and Fitness Center - 9:45 a.m.
- BINGO, Lake Street Senior Center - 10 a.m.
- BINGO, Belmont Senior Center - 11:30 a.m.
Wednesday, December 27
- BINGO, Northeast Senior Center - 10 a.m.
- Musical performance by The Baker Bunch, Lake Street Senior Center - 10 a.m.
- BINGO, Downtown Senior Center - 10:30 a.m.
- BINGO, JoAnn Maxey Center - 11:30 a.m.
- 10-Point Pitch and Bridge, Northeast Senior Center - 12:30 to 3 p.m.
Thursday, December 28
- "Surfing the Internet" introductory class, Northeast Senior Center - 9:30 a.m.
- Blood pressure screenings by Angels Care Home Health nurses, Downtown Senior Center - 11 a.m.
- BINGO, Bennet Senior Center - 1 p.m.
Friday, December 29
- New Year's Eve party, Northeast Senior Center - 9 a.m.
- New Year's Eve party, Lake Street Senior Center - 9:30 a.m. to noon
- Musical performance by Fine Wine, Northeast Senior Center - 10 a.m.
- 10-point Pitch, Northeast Senior Center - 12:30 to 3 p.m.
Senior Center Meal Schedule (reservations required two working days in advance):
- Belmont Senior Center (402-441-7990): Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays at noon
- Bennet Senior Center (402-416-7693): Tuesdays and Thursdays at noon
- Downtown Senior Center (402-441-7154): Monday - Friday from 11:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
- Firth Senior Center (402-416-7693): Mondays at 11:30 a.m.
- Hickman Senior Center (402-792-2006): Wednesdays at 11:30 a.m.
- JoAnn Maxey Senior Center (402-441-7849): Wednesdays and Fridays at noon
- Lake Street Senior Center (402-441-7157): Monday - Friday at 11:30 a.m.
- Northeast Senior Center (402-441-7151): Monday - Friday from 11:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
- Waverly Senior Center (402-416-7693): Fridays at 11:30 a.m.
- Aging Partners Health and Fitness Center, 233 S. 10th St.
- Asian Senior Center, 144 N. 44th St., Suite A
- Belmont Senior Center, 1234 Judson St.
- Bennet Senior Center, 970 Monroe St.
- Downtown Senior Center, 1005 "O" St.
- Firth Senior Center, 311 Nemaha St.
- Hickman Senior Center, 300 E. 3rd St.
- JoAnn Maxey Senior Center, 2032 "U" St.
- Lake Street Senior Center, 2400 S. 11th St.
- Northeast Senior Center, 6310 Platte Ave.
- Waverly Senior Center, 14410 Folkestone St.
For information on classes or to register, call 402-441-7575. Roundtrip transportation is available for senior center meals and activities in Lincoln only by calling the centers directly (phone numbers listed in meal schedule). For more information on senior center events and activities, visit lincoln.ne.gov (keyword: My Center News) or call 402-441-7158.