City of Lincoln
2018 Media Releases
- January 16, 2018
- For More Information Contact:
- Peggy Apthorpe, Aging Partners, 402-441-7796
Aging Partners Offers Free Fitness Classes
The public is invited to participate in Aging Partners' "Feeling Fit" classes from 10:30 to 11:15 a.m. Fridays throughout February in the lower level of the Downtown Senior Center, 1005 "O" Street. All classes are free and open to the public, and no registration is required. Four different types of classes will be offered:
- February 2 - Refresh and Recharge: Strengthen muscles, ease joint pain, improve balance and increase energy through a variety of simple movements, including stretching, breathing, energy work, Qigong and deep muscle exercises. Participants will begin seated, move to standing exercises and finish with seated cool-down movements. This class is appropriate for individuals at all ability levels.
- February 9 - Chair Tai Chi: This class is based on the modified Tai Chi - Moving for Better Balance 8 Form program. Participants are taught simple movements they can practice while sitting or standing near a chair.
- February 16 - Chair Yoga: Poses are done while sitting or with a chair used for support during standing and balance poses. Emphasis will be on breathing, balance and going at your own pace. This class is suitable for all ages, fitness levels and physical conditions, and beginners are welcome.
- February 23 - Chair Dance: This class is ideal for people with arthritis or limited mobility because of knee or hip issues. This fun and upbeat class focuses on a unique combination of exercises and dance steps that isolate muscle groups and enhance flexibility.
More information about Aging Partners is available at aging.lincoln.ne.gov.