City of Lincoln
2018 Media Releases
- January 22, 2018
- For More Information Contact:
- Holley Salmi, Public Works and Utilities, 402-430-6391
Update Issued on N. 84th and Havelock Closures
This morning's vehicle crash at North 84th Street and Havelock Avenue damaged a traffic signal and overhead power lines, resulting in closures on two streets:
- North 84th is closed from Adams Street to Cornhusker Highway. This section is expected to reopen later this afternoon.
- Havelock Avenue is closed unto further notice from 70th to 98th streets. This closure is expected to last through tonight and tomorrow.
- Once North 84th is reopened, the North 84th and Havelock intersection will be open, but turns from North 84th onto Havelock will be prohibited.
Drivers are reminded to exercise extra caution around work crews, especially during inclement weather. Public Works and Utilities appreciates the public's patience as operations are restored.
Current information on street closures is available at lincoln.ne.gov (keyword: closures)