City of Lincoln
2018 Media Releases
- February 22, 2018
- For More Information Contact:
- Shelley Ruterbories, Librarian, 402-441-8546
Read to a Dog Spring Session Begins March 19
Lincoln City Libraries (LCL) invites families to participate in the "Read to a Dog" program offered by LCL and the local Healing Heart Therapy Dogs organization. The program gives children ages 6 to 12 the opportunity to practice their reading by reading aloud to a dog. Therapy teams are partnered with children who read to dogs in 20-minute shifts once a week for six weeks.
The session runs from March 19 to April 29. Registration is required only at the branches that list a contact person below. Locations and times are as follows:
- Eiseley Branch Library, 1530 Superior Street, 10 to 11:30 a.m. Saturdays, email Ellie at email@example.com
- Gere Branch Library, 2400 S. 56th Street, 1 to 2:30 p.m. Saturdays, email Jeanne at firstname.lastname@example.org; 2 to 4 p.m. Sundays, call Mimi at 402-217-9019
- South Branch Library, 2675 South Street, 2 to 3:20 p.m. Sundays, email Bill at email@example.com
- Walt Branch Library, 6701 S. 14th Street, 5 to 6:30 p.m. Mondays, email Victoria at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Anderson Branch Library, 3635 Touzalin Avenue, 4 p.m. Sundays, drop in sessions only, no reservation required
For more information about LCL, visit lincolnlibraries.org. Information about Healing Heart Therapy Dogs can be found at healinghearttherapydogs.com.