City of Lincoln
2018 Media Releases
- October 1, 2018
- For More Information Contact:
- Vicki Wood, Youth Services Supervisor, 402-441-8565
Read to a Dog Fall Session Begins October 11
Families are invited to participate in the "Read to a Dog" program offered by Lincoln City Libraries and Healing Heart Therapy Dogs, a local therapy dog organization. The program provides an opportunity for children ages 6 to 12 to practice their reading by reading aloud to a dog. Therapy teams are partnered with children who read to a dog in 20-minute shifts once a week for six weeks.
The fall session begins the week of October 8 and runs through the week of November 12. Preregistration is required except where noted. Please register by contacting the person listed for each branch. The schedule is as follows:
- Anderson Branch Library, 3635 Touzalin Avenue, 4 to 5 p.m. Sundays. This is a drop-in session, and no registration required.
- Eiseley Branch Library, 1530 Superior Street, 4 to 5:30 p.m. Saturdays. Email Ellie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Gere Branch Library, 2400 S. 56th Street, 5:30-7:30 p.m. Thursdays. Call Mimi at 402-217-9019.
- South Branch Library, 2675 South Street, 2 to 3:30 p.m. Sundays. Email Heather at email@example.com.
- Walt Branch Library, 6701 S. 14th Street, 10 to 11:00 a.m. Saturdays. Email Angela at Anjherbert@me.com.
For information about Lincoln City Libraries and its programs, visit lincolnlibraries.org. Information about Healing Heart Therapy Dogs can be found at healinghearttherapydogs.org.