Parks and Recreation 10 Year Facilities Plan
10-Year Plan Project ListUpdated Dec. 2015
The 10 Year Plan Project List (148KB PDF Download)
2015 UpdateThe Parks & Recreation 10-Year Facilities Plan is intended to provide guidance regarding investments in parks and recreation facilities over the next decade.
- The plan includes the continuous need to repair and replace existing facilities and to make major renovations of aging infrastructure.
- The plan includes the development of new facilities to serve the growing population and address evolving recreation and leisure interests.
- The plan is organized by quadrants of the city. Projects of a general nature or that address the entire system are listed under "Administration."
- Projects that may involve capital fundraising campaigns are also identified.
- The 10-Year Facilities Plan guides the preparation of the Parks & Recreation Capital Improvement Program (CIP).
- Citizens provided direction regarding expectations of the condition of facilities through an on-line survey.
- Approximately 800 citizens participated in the on-line survey and provided numerous comments and suggestions.
- A public open house was conducted regarding the draft plan and about 45 citizens attended and offered comments/suggestions.
- The plan was adopted by the Parks & Recreation Advisory Board December 12, 2013 and is reviewed/updated every two years.
Note: Potential improvements to city golf courses are not included as part of this draft plan because a separate study and public input process has taken place. View the Lincoln City Golf Program Sustainability Study here.