Visit the Saline Wetlands
The saline wetland areas are open to the public. Click here for a map of the saline wetlands in Lancaster County. You can also follow the links below for photos and more information on specific locations.
- Arbor Lake
- Frank Shoemaker Marsh
- Helmuth Marsh
- Jack Sinn Wildlife Management Area
- Lincoln Saline Wetlands Nature Center
- Little Salt Creek West Wildlife Management Area
- Little Salt Creek Wildlife Management Area
- Little Salt Fork Marsh Preserve
- Little Salt Springs
- Zoetis Saline Wetlands
- Pioneers Park Nature Center
- Warner Wetlands
- Whitehead Saline Wetlands
Do your part in protecting the saline wetlands by following these simple guidelines when visiting these precious areas:
- Casual clothing (in general: long pants, heavy socks, comfortable walking shoes) is recommended. During the hotter months shorts may be acceptable depending on the activity.
- Insect repellent is advisable during certain seasons.
- Where provided, it is recommended to stay on trails or within designated areas only.
- All visitors to the saline wetlands are expected to practice good stewardship of the environment.
- Please and pick up and remove trash and do not collect plants or harm wildlife.
- Adequate adult supervision is recommended for children visiting these areas.
- Unless otherwise posted, open fires and grills, including gas grills, are prohibited.