FUNdamental to Active Living and Youth Development
Our recreation centers in Lincoln offer some of the best activities for youth and adults around. With so many things to learn, see and do, it’s no wonder Lincoln’s recreation centers are FUNdamental to active living and youth development.
We have 7 recreation centers, each providing different amenities, programs and classes. To reserve a gym or meeting room, please call the location for available times and more information.
- Ager Play Center, 1300 S. 27th St., 402-441-6788 (info) or 402-441-6792 (direct)
- Air Park West Recreation Center, 3720 N.W. 46th St., 402-441-7876
- Belmont Recreation Center, 1234 Judson St., 402-441-6789
- Calvert Recreation Center, 4500 Stockwell St., 402-441-8480
- Easterday Recreation Center, 6130 Adams St., 402-441-7901
- F Street Community Center, 1225 F St., 402-441-7951
- Irving Recreation Center, 2010 Van Dorn St., 402-441-7954
Programs for People with Special NeedsOur programs are held in a supportive, caring environment, with trained and experienced staff, kind and caring volunteers, and community specialists leading groups and special programs. Clients are encouraged to set personal goals and participate in a broad spectrum of programs. A few of our program offerings include:
- Exercise and Physical Activities
- Arts and Crafts,
- Nutrition and Cooking
- Leisure Education
- Life Skills
- Special Events/Holiday Parties
- Community Outings
Click here or call 402-441-7901 for more information.
- Roller Skating
- Track and Field
The Young Athletes Program is an innovative sports play program for children ages 2-7 with intellectual disabilities along with their siblings and peers, designed to introduce them to the world of sports. This program is designed to address two specific levels of play.
- Level 1 includes physical activities focused on developing fundamental motor tracking and eye-hand coordination.
- Level 2 concentrates on the application of these physical activities through a sports skills activity program and developing skills consistent with Special Olympics sports play.
Click here or call 402-441-7877 for more information.