Each year about a million “treks” happen on Lincoln’s trails. With over 131 miles of hard surface and crushed rock trails, you can get just about anywhere you want to go using both on and off street routes. There are also several miles of hiker/biker trails within our parks making our system top notch. Whether you ride, run, jump or skip, using Lincoln’s trails are the perfect way to stay fit and save gas!
We are always making improvements to our trails system. Check back often for updates on our current and future projects.
Recent projects include:
- Bison Trail Bridge was closed in 2010; the City has received $250,000 in Recreation Trails funds as a donation from the Great Plains Trails Network, which includes a grant from the Cooper Foundation. These funds will pay for the removal of the existing bridge as well as design and construction of a new bridge over Haines Branch. Completion is expected in the spring of 2013.
- Cavett Connector Trail joining Tierra/Williamsburg Trail with the Yankee Hill Road Trail is in the design phase. Completion is expected in 2013.
- Jamaica North Trail from Calvert to A streets is in final design with hopes to be open in 2013.
- Renovation of Pioneers Park Trails from the Bison Circle to Pioneers Park Nature Center is expected to be completed in the fall of 2013.
- Stonebridge Trail from 14th and Humphrey to 12th and Alvo Rd. is expected to be completed in the fall of 2014.