Boards & Commissions
Planning Commission Agenda
The Lincoln City/Lancaster County Planning Commission will hold a public hearing on Wednesday, October 15, 2014, at 1:00 p.m. in Hearing Room 112 on the first floor of the County-City Building, 555 South 10th Street, Lincoln Nebraska, on the following items. For more information, call the Planning Department, (402) 441-7491. This hearing is broadcast live and is rebroadcast on Sundays at 1:00 p.m. on 5 City-TV, Cable Channel 5.
**The regular meetings of the Planning Commission scheduled for Wednesday, November 26, 2014, and Wednesday, December 24, 2014, have been cancelled.**
The Lincoln/Lancaster County Planning Commission will meet on Wednesday, October 15, 2014, immediately following the regular meeting in Room 113 of the County-City Building, 555 South 10th Street, Lincoln, Nebraska, for a presentation on “Middle Creek, Haines Branch and South Salt Creek Watershed Master Plans”, by the Watershed Management Division of Public Works & Utilities. The Planning Director will also provide an update on “reFORM”.
**Please Note:** The Planning Commission action is final action on any item with a notation of "FINAL ACTION". Any aggrieved person may appeal Final Action of the Planning Commission to the City Council or County Board by filing a Notice of Appeal with the City Clerk or County Clerk within 14 days following the action of the Planning Commission. The Planning Commission action on all other items is a recommendation to the City Council or County Board.
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 15, 2014
Approval of minutes of the regular meeting held October 1, 2014. **APPROVED: 5-0 (Weber, Corr and Scheer abstained; Cornelius absent)**
1. CONSENT AGENDA
(Public Hearing and Administrative Action)
- Special Permit No. 2022E, to revise the lot layout; to amend the use restrictions in Note 23 to allow the potential for Lot 2 of Pine Lake Heights South 17th Addition to be used for additional parking area; and to adjust commercial square footages, on property generally located at the northeast corner of South 27th Street and Jamie Lane.**FINAL ACTION**
- Staff recommendation: Conditional Approval
- Staff Planner: Christy Eichorn, 402-441-7603, email@example.com
- Removed from Consent Agenda and had separate public hearing. Planning Commission 'final action': CONDITIONAL APPROVAL, as set forth in the staff report dated October 2, 2014, with amendments requested by the applicant: 7-0 (Sunderman declared a conflict of interest; Cornelius absent). Resolution No. PC-01417
2. REQUESTS FOR DEFERRAL
3. ITEMS REMOVED FROM CONSENT AGENDA
- (See Item 1.1 above)
4. PUBLIC HEARING AND ADMINISTRATIVE ACTION
Comprehensive Plan Conformance
- Comprehensive Plan Conformance No. 14021, to review the proposed Lancaster County Road and Bridge Construction Program, Fiscal Year 2015 and 2016-2020, as to conformance with the 2040 Lincoln-Lancaster County Comprehensive Plan.
- Staff recommendation: Conformance with the Comprehensive Plan
- Staff Planner: Mike Brienzo, 402-441-6369, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Had public hearing. Planning Commission recommendation: A FINDING OF CONFORMANCE WITH THE COMPREHENSIVE PLAN: 8-0 (Cornelius absent). Public Hearing before the Lancaster County Board of Commissioners is scheduled for Tuesday, October 28, 2014, 7:00 p.m.
5. REHEARING AND ADMINISTRATIVE ACTION
- Text Amendment No. 14007, amending Title 27 of the Lincoln Municipal Code to (1) correct errors made in previous text amendments and to clarify existing language without changing the intent of the language by amending Section 27.02.200 to clarify the definition of “story” to provide for a more clear understanding of where the first story of a structure begins; amending Section 27.06.160 relating to the Major Entertainment and Event Use Group to provide guidance as to when a venue should be classified as “major event entertainment,” e.g. 500 seats or more; amending Section 27.06.170 by amending the Use Group Table to designate Cabinet Shops and Stores as a conditional use in the H-2 zoning district; amending Sections 27.61.040 and 27.61.050 to add “or this Chapter” as a reference to clarify what methods can be used to structurally alter, reconstruct, or restore a nonconforming structure; amending Section 27.67.066 to update parking for H-3 uses to reflect specific uses that were allocated a parking reduction prior to Use Groups approval; amending Section 27.69.030 general provisions for signs to clarify that roof signs are permitted but are regulated under Section 27.69.310, to require a certain spacing between the location of any sign and an abutting residential premises located in a residential district, and to clarify that in all zoning districts, except for the O-1, O-2, and R-T districts, more than one sign per architectural elevation per building is allowed, provided that the total sign area of such wall signs shall not exceed 30% per architectural elevation and no wall sign shall exceed 500 square feet in sign area; amending Section 27.69.240 to clarify that menu boards, although a type of freestanding sign, have their own regulations; amending Section 27.69.290 to clarify that window signs are not counted toward the allocated percentage of wall signage; amending Section 27.69.310 to insert language needed for consistency between this section and Section 27.69.030; amending Section 27.72.180 to provide that a commercial use abutting a residential district does not need to comply with the residential district provisions if the adjacent land in the residential district may be used for a commercial use under a PUD; and (2) to modify appeal procedures to consistently include any council member or mayor among the listed persons who have the right to appeal the applicable order, approval, disapproval, or other decision by amending Sections 27.56.140, 27.57.180, 27.62.150, 27.63.025, 27.64.010, 27.69.030, 27.72.190, and 27.81.021; and repealing Sections 27.02.200, 27.06.160, 27.06.170, 27.56.140, 27.57.180, 27.61.040, 27.61.050, 27.62.150, 27.63.025, 27.64.010, 27.67.066, 27.69.030, 27.69.240, 27.69.290, 27.69.310, 27.72.180, 27.72.190, and 27.81.021 of the Lincoln Municipal Code as hitherto existing.
- Staff recommendation: Approval
- Staff Planner: Christy Eichorn, 402-441-7603, email@example.com
- Had public hearing. Planning Commission recommendation: APPROVAL: 8-0 (Cornelius absent). Public Hearing before the City Council is tentatively scheduled for Monday, November 3, 2014, 3:00 p.m.
* * * AT THIS TIME, ANYONE WISHING TO SPEAK ON AN ITEM NOT ON THE AGENDA, MAY DO SO * * *
Planning Department Staff Contacts
|Stephen Henrichsen, Development Review Manager||(402) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|David Cary, Long Range Planning Manager||(402) email@example.com|
|Paul Barnes, Planner||(402) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Michael Brienzo, Transportation Planner||(402) email@example.com|
|Tom Cajka, Planner||(402) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Christy Eichorn, Planner||(402) email@example.com|
|Brandon Garrett, Planner||(402) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Stacey Groshong Hageman, Planner||(402) email@example.com|
|Sara Hartzell, Planner||(402) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Kellee Van Bruggen, Transportation Planner||(402) email@example.com|
|Brian Will, Planner||(402) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ed Zimmer, Historic Preservation Planner||(402) email@example.com|